Looking for a perfect tool that will keep you connected with your co-workers? Great! Let us guide you on how to get Zoom on Roku. In this guide, you will learn complete steps to activate the Zoom Cloud Meetings app on your Roku device. No matter whether you are living in a metro city or a remote place, you will still be able to have a word with your clients and discuss work through Zoom.
Table of Contents
How to Get Zoom on Roku and Start Video Conferencing
Although the official Zoom app is not available on the Roku Channel Store, we will let you know the tips to get the app on your Roku. The process is easy. You just have to follow the steps as advised.
- Start the activation process by plugging in your Roku device to the TV with an HDMI port.
- Make sure the Roku device, TV, and smartphone are connected to the same Internet connection.
- Once confirmed, you need to log into your Roku account and navigate to the home screen on the device using the Roku remote.
- Look for the “Settings” option and then click on the option that says “System”.
- You will have different options to choose from – Screen Mirroring, Guest Mode, System Update, System Restart, Advanced System Settings, and Third-Party Licenses. Choose “Screen Mirroring”.
- You will see two options on the screen – Screen Mirroring Mode and Screen Mirroring Devices. You need to choose “Screen Mirroring Mode”.
- After selecting “Screen Mirroring Mode”, you will get three more options – Prompt, Always Allow, and Never Allow. Select the “Prompt” option. (When you choose this option, you will always see a prompt when a device tries to cast to your TV screen. Only after that you can confirm the screencast.)
- Now, on your smartphone (Android), go to “Play Store”.
- Look for the Zoom Cloud Meetings app and install it.
- Next, go to “Settings”.
- Select “Connection & Sharing” and click on the “Cast” option. (Don’t choose other options mentioned there.)
- From the sear result, you can select your Roku device. It will enable the connection and you will see your Android phone on the Roku TV screen.
- Tap on the Zoom app and provide login credentials to sign in.
Your device is ready to use. You can make video calls and send content like texts, images, files, etc. with your clients and colleagues.
Similar Blog: DirecTV on Roku Device
How to Get the Zoom Cloud Meetings App on Roku from Windows?
Before starting the process, ensure that your Roku Streaming player has the screen mirroring feature turned on or enabled. Also, make sure both your Roku and computer are connected to the same network.
- On your computer, launch your favorite web browser.
- Now, you need to navigate to zoom.us and click on the “Sign In” option.
- Provide the sign-in credentials (email address and password) to sign in to your Zoom Cloud Meetings account.
- If you see the three-dot icon on the browser, click on that. Select the “Cast” option.
- It will search for nearby devices. Once found Roku, you can select “Source drop-down box”.
- Select your Roku device under the “Cast tab” option.
- You will see the screen on the Roku-connected TV if both the devices are connected.
Make sure you stick to the steps to get Zoom Cloud Meetings on Roku.