Xfinity Mobile is taking the world by storm by providing a powerful nationwide network with 5G and countless secure Wi-Fi hotspots. If you want to join Xfinity, the nation’s best network, here’s how you can power your new phone on Xfinity Mobile. Read to know the complete guide to activate your new Xfinity Mobile on the authorized page xfinitymobile.com/activate.
Table of Contents
Detailed Method to Activate New Xfinity Mobile via xfinitymobile.com/activate
Have you already got Xfinity ID to sign in and complete the activation process? If no, you need to sign up with Xfinity Mobile and get access to your Xfinity credentials. Let’s unearth the steps below and explore what the nation’s leading network has in store for you.
- Get Hold of Your Device: Begin the activation process by getting hold of your new device. Make sure you have got it complete. To get assured that you got all things, items, and accessories inside the box, it is time to unbox it. Let’s do that in the next steps.
- Begin Unboxing: Yes, there you go! The device is ready or not – to check this, you need to unbox your new phone. Begin the unboxing thing and make sure you have got the Xfinity Mobile SIM card, the phone, charger, and other items in case you have ordered. All these accessories should be in order. And the phone should be in switched-off mode. Don’t switch it on as you will insert the SIM card in the next step.
- Insert Xfinity Mobile SIM card: Now that you have unboxed your new Xfinity phone, it is time to organize the accessories and ensure you have got all the essential things to activate the new device. The next important thing that you will do after unboxing the device is to insert the SIM card. The insertion of the SIM card into a smartphone is easy. Moreover, Xfinity Mobile makes it easier to make sure that you are not mixing up the SIM cards (if you have got more than one SIM card for your entire family). Easy SIM card will have its correct device, so there’s nothing to be worried about.
Xfinity customers also like to keep their current phones active. In that case, they can bring their current phones and use the Xfinity Mobile SIM card for chatting, texting, calling, browsing the Internet, and more. This can quickly be done by ejecting the current SIM card from your phone and inserting the Xfinity Mobile SIM card into it.
Related Blog: tvision.com/activate
Access the Authorized Activation Page – xfinitymobile.com/activate:
The difficult part of done. Now, comes the easiest part. To accomplish this feat, you must have another smart device or a computer with an Internet connection. Only after making sure that you have got the prerequisites ready, you are good to head over to the official activation link – xfinitymobile.com/activate.
On this page, you will be prompted to enter the credentials – Email Address (username or mobile number) and Xfinity Password. After entering the details, click on the “Sign In” button. If you wish to “Stay signed in”, click on the correspondence checkbox before you click the “Sign In” button.
After the log-in process is done, you may want to transfer your current phone number. For that, you are going to need a few details such as the account credentials from your previous carrier. Without your account number and PIN, you wouldn’t be able to transfer your current phone number. If you don’t find these details, look at the past bills. If you still don’t find what you are looking for, get in touch with your carrier. They can provide the best assistance.
If you require a new number, click on the option that says “I want a new number”. Once the phone is activated, Xfinity will get you a new number.
- Ready to “Activate”: Have you been following each step meticulously? Great! You can now click on the “Activate” button to finish. A confirmation email will be sent. You might receive a new number (only if you have requested it).
Watch Xfinity Mobile Official Video:-
You are now done with the steps. The phone is ready to be turned on. What are you waiting for? Turn on the device and enjoy the fastest 4G and 5G LTE network. Also, you get to enjoy more than 20M secure hotspots.
How much time will it take for my device to get activated?
Before using the Xfinity mobile, it needs to be activated. The activation time will depend upon different conditions. Here is the procedure of activation in different cases:
Getting a new number
If you are getting a new number for your Xfinity mobile, the activation process will only take a few minutes.
Keeping the Old number
If you want to keep your old number, you will have to transfer the old number data to your new Xfinity mobile. Before starting the transfer process, you will need the following information from your previous carrier:
- Billing Name
- Billing Address
- Account number
- Password and/ or PIN
- Last four digits of the Social Security Number associated with the account
Make sure the above information is correct for a successful transfer. If all this information is correct, the transfer will take around 10 minutes. For some small carriers, it might take up to one hour. If you are transferring the number from a wireline or landline, it will take around five business days. A confirmation email will be sent to you once the activation process is complete and you can also check the activation status at xfinitymobile.com.
If you are facing any issues in transferring the data, you can contact our Xfinity Mobile Specialist.
Related Blog: Xfinity Flex is Not Working
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
On which network does the Xfinity mobile work?
The Xfinity mobile works on Verizon’s network.
Which one is faster – Xfinity or T-Mobile 5G?
Xfinity’s download speed ranges from 50 Mbps to 3 Gbps. However, the T-Mobile 5G Home Internet download speed can be up to 182 Mbps. Thus, Xfinity is faster among both.
Can I get an Xfinity mobile without signing up for the Xfinity internet service?
No. The Xfinity Mobile is available only for Xfinity Internet customers. So, you need to sign-up for the Xfinity internet service to start using the mobile service.
How much time will it take to activate the Xfinity SIM card?
It will take around 10 minutes to activate the Xfinity SIM card.
My Xfinity Mobile is not activating. Please provide a fix.
Here are some fixes you can try:
- While activating your mobile device, always choose to set up over Wi-Fi.
- If the activation is done and the device is not working, look for ‘Xfinity Mobile’ on the top left of the home screen. If you can’t see it, follow the steps – Go to Settings> General> About. Wait for the prompt to appear for Carrier Settings Update, then click ‘Update’.
- Restart your mobile device.
- If the problem is not resolved, contact the Xfinity Mobile support team.
Why is my iOS device not activating?
Generally, the activation process is simple and smooth. However, if you are facing any issues, here are some things you can check to ensure smooth activation:
- Carry out the activation process over WiFi. Setting up a cellular network causes some issues.
- If the activation process is complete but the device is not working, make sure you see ‘Xfinity Mobile’ written in the top left of the home screen. If you don’t, follow this – Connect to a WiFi network> go to Settings> General> About. The Carrier Settings Update prompt will appear on the screen. Select ‘Update’.
- If the issue still persists, you can chat with the Xfinity customer support team.