Stop sneaking in your friend’s home to watch your favorite OWN talk shows. Since you have a Roku device at home, why not learn the step to activate your Watch OWN app by entering code at start.watchown.tv/activate?
From watching your favorite celebrity couples opening about their secrets to enjoying original series, Oprah Winfrey Network, popularly known as OWN, leaves no stone unturned in bringing endless entertainment doses from time to time. Owned by Discovery Inc. and Harpo Studio, OWN is available to approximately 90 million pay-TV American households. This speaks a volume about the massive popularity.
Downloading and Installing App, Activation Process, and Other Details
As you gear up to stream your favorite Oprah Winfrey Network shows on Roku or other media players, ensure you have got all the prerequisites ready beforehand.
- High-speed Internet
- A smartphone or computer
- An active subscription to the channel
- A cable TV provider (AT&T U-Verse, Verizon, DIRECTV, and DISH Network)
Learn how to Activate Watch OWN TV on Roku
- On the Home screen of Roku, navigate to the Roku Channel Store.
- Select “Streaming Channels” using the remote (scroll up or down).
- Navigate to the section that says “Movies & TV” or the “TV Everywhere” category.
- Here, you will look for the “Watch OWN TV” app. (You can simply type in the keyword in the search bar to get the desired results.)
- Tap “+Add channel” and confirm the selection when prompted to get the app on your Roku.
- Within a few moments, the app will be installed on the streaming platform. It should be now amongst the added channel list.
- Launch the app to receive a unique code on your TV screen. This is the OWN TV activation code and must be preserved safely.
- After you have received the unique activation code, go to the authorized web portal, i.e. start.watchown.tv/activate on a different device to enter the code. (If prompted, you need to log in with your pay-TV provider. Choose your TV provider from the list.)
- Make no mistakes and after entering the activation code, click on the “ACTIVATE” button.
- It will hardly take any time to fetch a successful message.
The Roku device is ready to stream your favorite content.
Similar Post: Activate USA TV Network
Guide to Activate Start Watch OWN TV on Fire TV?
To activate your favorite OWN TV on Amazon Fire TV, here’s what you need to do.
- Turn on the Streaming device and navigate to the Amazon Play Store to download the Watch OWN TV app.
- After downloading, tap it to launch the app on your TV. This should fetch you a unique activation code.
- Note it down and head to access the page – start.watchown.tv/activate.
- Enter the code and click “ACTIVATE”.
Get OWN TV on Apple TV using start.watchown.tv/activate
Almost a similar procedure to follow to activate your favorite OWN TV on your Apple TV!
- Use the remote to go to the Apple Store.
- Look for the channel that you are looking for or type in manually.
- After finding it, tap it to download the Watch OWN TV app on the streaming device.
- After installing, launch the app to find a unique activation code.
- Note it down and access the activation page, i.e. start.watchown.tv/activate.
- Enter the code and click “ACTIVATE”.
Also Read: Activate Rocket League Activation
How to Activate OWN TV on Android TV?
For users with an Android TV at home, they are requested to check the following steps to watch OWN TV easily.
- Turn on your Android TV device and access the home screen using the remote.
- Navigate to “Play Store” and click on the magnifying glass icon to search for the OWN TV app.
- Click on the “Install” button to get the app on the TV.
- Now, launch the app to receive an activation code.
- Note down the code and navigate to the authorized activation link on another device – computer or tablet, or mobile phone.
- Enter the Activation Code and click on the “ACTIVATE” button.
This will end the activation process. Your Android TV screen will refresh automatically. It is now ready to stream.
If you access the OWN website, you can stream content free of cost. Some of the available content that you can watch includes the OWN original programming, on-demand streams of recent episodes, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
Q: Is Watch OWN app free?
A: To put it straight, you don’t have to pay a dime to download the Watch OWN TV app. While downloading and activating the app on your favorite streaming platform is free, you may have to subscribe to a participating TV provider. Choose a right TV provider, select an appropriate plan, and start watching your favorite celebrity interviews.
Q: What are the devices that I can get the OWN TV app?
A: You can literally install the Oprah Winfrey Network app on a wide range of devices, including smartphones, streaming devices, and on the web. Having said that, let us tell you that you will need a participating TV provider’s subscription to watch the content.
Q: Do the start.watchown.tv/ activate steps vary from device to device?
A: Yes, the steps may vary depending on the type of device and/or model you possess. For example, the activation steps for Roku will vary from Apple TV or Fire TV. You need to be cautious while accomplishing the activation steps.
Q: How can I find the OWN TV schedule?
A: If you are looking for the OWN TV schedule, you may like to check out the weekly primetime schedule. Or, you can click here.
Q: What is the quick guide to find the OWN TV app on my TV?
A: Go to OWN channel finder, enter your ZIP code, and then, you need to select your cable provider.
Q: I wish to know whether Watch OWN has closed captioning
A: Yes, it has. Regarding closed captioning, OWN is compliant with the Federal Communications Commission requirements. Closed-captioned programs can easily be found as they are indicated by CC. You may turn on or turn off based on your preferences.
Hope this complete guide helps you activate and stream your favorite shows.