If you haven’t included the Weather Channel on your streaming platform, you are surely missing out on some vital weather updates. The Weather Channel, commonly called TWC, is a popular pay-TV channel available in the United States. Owned by Weather Group, LLC, the Weather Channel broadcasts weather-related news and analysis. It also airs outsourced weathercasts, entertainment programming, and documentaries. This guide will talk about how you can activate the Weather Channel online at weathergroup.com/activate or www.weathergroup.com/activate-device.
Table of Contents
How to Activate Weather Channel on Different Devices
Since most of the streaming platforms and smart TVs support the Weather Channel, more and more people now can access the weather news that helps them navigate the day. As of 2018 (September), approximately 80 million American households with television stream the channel.
Below, we cover all the platforms that support the Weather Group app.
Weather Channel on Roku
Roku is undoubtedly one of the best platforms to watch your favorite programs. The streaming device supports almost all types of pay-TV channels. Browsing the Roku Channel Store will help you get the Weather Group app.
- You need to turn on your Roku device.
- Press the “Home” icon on the Roku remote to access the home screen.
- Navigate to the “Streaming Channels” option.
- Under it, you will get the “Search Channels” option.
- Now, you can type the name of the channel that you are looking for.
- Click the “Add channel” button to add the channel to your device.
- Click the “Go to channel” button to locate the app on the home screen.
- Launch the app and enter the sign-in details.
- This should fetch you a unique activation code.
- Save the code and note down the activation link.
- Open another device (using the same network) and launch your favorite browser.
- Type weathergroup.com/activate.
- On this page, you need to select your TV provider. (Note: If you don’t see your provider, contact your TV provider. Maybe, your cable or satellite provider doesn’t offer the Weather Channel.)
- After selecting your provider, you will need to enter the “Activation Code” in the desired field.
- Now, click the “Activate” button to finish the activation process.
Your Roku device should be ready to stream your favorite programs.
Weather Channel on Apple TV
Apple TV users will find the following steps quite helpful. Let’s take a look –
- Get started with the activation process by turning on your Apple TV device.
- Navigate to the home screen and select “App Store”.
- Type “Weather Channel” and click the “Get” button.
- The app will be installed on the device.
- Launch the app in the next step.
- Generate an activation code and the authorized web portal.
- Open another device and type weathergroup.com/activate-device.
- Select your TV provider and enter the “Activation Code”.
- Click the “Activate” button.
There you go! Your Apple TV is ready to cast the Weather Channel programs.
Activate Weather on Fire TV
- Go to the home screen of your Fire TV device and navigate to “Amazon App Store”.
- Click the magnifying glass icon and type the name of the channel, i.e. Weather Channel.
- Click the “Get” button.
- The app is now installed.
- Open the app to see a code. Save the code.
- If you see the activation link, note it down also.
- Access the link on another device and select your TV provider.
- Now, enter the “Activation Code” in the desired field.
- Click “Activate” to finish the process.
Similar Post: watch.travelchannel.com/link
Weather Channel on FireStick
You can also use your Amazon Fire TV Stick device to stream the Weather Channel programs. Refer to the following steps.
- Boot your device and make sure it is connected to the fastest Internet connection.
- Go to “App Store” and complete the application installation process.
- Now, locate the app on the home screen and launch it. If it prompts you to enter the sign-in credentials, please enter the same to receive a code.
- You will also get the link. The activation link needs to be accessed on another device using the same Internet connection.
- Open another device to access www.weathergroup.com/activate-device.
- After selecting your provider, enter the code.
- Click the “Activate” button.
This would mark the end of the activation process. Your Fire TV Stick device will now start streaming the latest news updates.
Similar Post: activate.urltv.tv/activate
Weather Channel on Android TV
Android TV from Google is another widely used platform. If you own an Android TV, you would find the steps quite helpful.
- From the home screen of your Android TV device, access the Google Play Store.
- In the search bar, type “Weather Channel” using the onscreen keyboard.
- “Install” the app and “Open” the same.
- Enter the sign-in details to get a unique activation code.
- Leave the screen visible as you access weathergroup.com/activate-device on another device – a computer or mobile phone.
- Select your TV provider – AT&T, Sudden Link, COX, Optimum by Altice, DISH, DirecTV, Xfinity, Fios by Verizon, etc.
- After selecting your provider, enter the “Activation Code”.
- Press the “Activate” button to complete the process.
That’s it! You can now enjoy the programs without any kind of interruption.
Set up Alerts on Weather Channel
If you wish to set up alerts on your Weather Channel app so that you stay updated on the latest weather news, let us help you with this. The procedure is easy and quick, too. The best thing is the alerts always provide real-time updates. If there’s going to rain or the weather is bad, you will receive real-time updates. You can surely make better plans for your day.
- Once the Weather Channel app is installed, you need to open it.
- Go to “Settings” and click the “My Alerts” button.
- If you wish to choose a particular alert category, you can do that by clicking the “Enable” button.
- Now, select a location and you can also select your alert sub-categories.
- You can save all your selections.
That’s it! You don’t need anything else when it comes to getting the latest weather news.
If you run into some technical problems, you may like to contact the support staff (available round the clock).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
My TV provider’s name is not on the list. What to do?
If your TV provider’s name is not on the list, then you cannot activate the app. Try some other method of streaming the service.
Is the weather channel app accessible outside the U.S.?
No. Currently, the Weather Channel app is available within the U.S.
The Weather Channel app is not working. What can I do?
Here are some fixes:
- Go to the app store and check if the update is pending. If it is, then update the app and restart your device.
- The app works on location access. So, make sure you have given the permission. Turn on the device location.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app.
How can I reset the Weather Channel app?
Here is how you can reset the Weather Channel app:
Go to Settings> App> All> Weather> Clear Data.
What is the charge for the Weather Channel app?
The Weather Channel app is free.