Spectrum TV lets you stream around 250 channels and more than 30,000 on-demand videos via the Spectrum internet. It is an OTT service and can be accessed across all streaming devices viz. Roku, Xbox, Android TV, Apple TV, and Fire TV. Here, we will be discussing the process of activating the Spectrum TV app on these devices via watch.spectrum.net/activate. Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
Steps to Sign Up Spectrum TV Account
First, you need to have a Spectrum TV account for activating the channel on any device. So here are the steps for creating a Spectrum TV account:
- Go to the channel’s official website at watch.spectrum.net.
- You will see a Sign-in window on the screen. Click on the ‘Create a Username’ link.
- Select the ‘Contact Info’ option and enter your phone number or email address.
- Tick the check-box to confirm that you are not a robot and click the ‘Next’ button.
- You will receive a code to verify your identity.
- Enter the code in the space provided.
- Check the information provided by you, and select a username and password.
- That’s it. Now, you can use these credentials to access your Spectrum account.
Activate Watch Spectrum TV App on Roku via watch.spectrum.net/activate
Here are the steps to be followed for activating the Spectrum TV on Roku:
- Go to the home screen by pressing the ‘Home’ button on your Roku remote.
- Now, type ‘Spectrum TV’ in the search bar.
- From the list, select the Spectrum TV channel and click ‘OK’. The channel will now be added to your device.
- Now, open the Spectrum TV channel and you will see an activation code.
- Go to watch.spectrum.net/activate and enter the activation code in the space provided. Click the ‘Submit’ button.
- You will be asked to sign in with your Spectrum username and password to complete the activation process.
How to Activate the Spectrum TV on Apple TV
Spectrum TV is supported on Apple TV (4th and fifth (4K) generation). Those with older Apple TV generations cannot download the app. Here’s how you can activate the Spectrum TV app on Apple TV.
- Open your Apple TV and go to the App Store.
- Search for the Spectrum TV app and select it.
- Click the ‘Get’ button and install the app.
- Once the installation is complete, go back to the home screen and open the app.
- You will see an activation code.
- Visit watch.spectrum.net/activate and enter the activation code in the provided space.
- Now, you will be asked to sign in to your Spectrum account. Complete the sign-in and the activation process.
How to Activate Watch Spectrum TV App on Fire TV?
Reportedly, the Spectrum app is not compatible with the Amazon Firestick TV. So, to install the app on the Fire TV, a sideloading is required which needs to be done through an APK. So, here are the steps to do the same.
- Turn on the Firestick device and go to Settings> My Fire TV.
- Select ‘Developer’ and look for the ‘Apps from unknown sources’ option. Turn it on. This will enable the setting and now you will be able to download the Spectrum TV app via an APK.
Download Spectrum TV via the Downloader App
- Turn on the Amazon Firestick and go to the App Store.
- Search for the ‘downloader app’ and install it.
- After the installation is done, open the app and enter this link in the search bar and ‘Go’.
- You will be redirected to a page to download the Spectrum TV app. Choose ‘Download XAPK’.
- Once the app is downloaded, select the ‘Install’ option.
- Now, open the Spectrum TV app on your Firestick device.
- If you see an activation code, visit watch.spectrum.net/activate and enter the code.
- Complete the activation process.
Download Spectrum TV via the ES File Explorer App
- Turn on the Amazon Firestick and go to the App Store.
- Search for the ‘ES file explorer’ and install it.
- After the installation is done, open the app and select ‘Downloader’
- Select the ‘+New’ button and enter this link in the search bar. Hit ‘Go’.
- Choose ‘Download XAPK’ and let the download finish.
- Once the app is downloaded, open the file and Install it.
- The Spectrum TV app is now installed on your Firestick.
- Open the app and if you see an activation code, complete the activation process by visiting watch.spectrum.net/activate through your mobile or computer.
Activate Watch Spectrum TV App on Android TV via watch.spectrum.net/activate
Downloading the Spectrum TV on any Android TV is an easy process. Here are the general steps you need to follow:
- Go to the Home Screen of your Smart TV and then go to the app store.
- Search for the Spectrum TV app and select it from the search result.
- Download the app and wait for the installation process to complete.
- Open the app, and you will see an activation code.
- Visit watch.spectrum.net/activate from another device and enter the activation code in the space provided.
- Sign-in to your Spectrum account and complete the activation process.
- You can now enjoy the Spectrum content on your Smart TV.
Activate Watch Spectrum TV App on Xbox
Here is how you can access the Spectrum TV App content on your Xbox:
- Download the Spectrum TV app from the app section on your Xbox.
- Once the installation process is complete, open the app.
- An activation code will appear on the screen.
- You need to visit the watch.spectrum.net/activate page and enter the activation code.
- Sign in using your Spectrum username and password to complete the activation process.
Useful Settings on SpectrumTV.com
How to Add a Channel to your Favorites?
You can add a channel/ network to your favorites by using the filter. By using this filter, you will see listings only from your favorite networks. Here are the steps to manage your favorites:
- Go to spectrumTV.com and sign in to your account.
- Now, tap on the ‘Settings’ tab.
- Select ‘Favorites’ from the menu on the left.
- Now, select the ‘Heart’ icon next to the network you want to add to the list of your favorites. The icon will become bold. That’s it.
Note: If you want to remove any channel from your favorites, just click the heart icon again.
How to set up a Startup channel?
If you select a channel as your Startup channel, it will play automatically every time you sign in to your SpectrumTV account. Follow the steps mentioned below to set up a startup channel:
- Sign in to your spectrumTV account.
- Select the ‘Settings’ tab.
- Select ‘Startup Channel’ and then the ‘Manage Startup Channel’ option. Now, make sure Startup Channel is toggled ON.
- Select the startup channel from the list. The change will be effective when you refresh the browser.
How can I set Parental Controls on my SpectrumTV?
Follow the steps mentioned below to turn on Parental Controls:
- Go to Spectrum TV’s official website and sign in.
- Select the ‘Settings’ tab and ‘Parental Controls’ from the menu on the left.
- Turn ON the toggle button.
- If you are doing this for the first time, you will be asked to create a PIN.
- Select as per TV ratings, Movie ratings, and channel blocks.
- Blocked channels and ratings will appear with a Padlock icon.
How to Set Autoplay for videos?
If you want the next episode of a show to play automatically, you can set up the Autoplay option through the following steps:
- Sign in to SpectrumTV and select the ‘Settings’ tab.
- From the left side menu, select the ‘Auto Play’ option.
- Turn ON the toggle button.
How can I connect my device to SpectrumTV.com?
Here are the steps to be followed:
- Sign in to the SpectrumTV account through the official page.
- Select the ‘Settings’ option and then ‘Devices’ from the left menu.
- Choose a device you want to connect to. You can rename the device by selecting its existing name. Select ‘Save’.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why is the Spectrum TV app not working?
Try the following fixes if your Spectrum TV app is not working:
- Make sure you are connected to an internet connection. Now restart the channel and try streaming the content.
- Wait for a few minutes and restart the channel.
- Sign out from your account and sign in again.
- If nothing works, contact the support team.
Can I stream Spectrum TV on my Apple TV through AirPlay?
Yes. However, your iOS device must have iOS 11 and higher. Also, make sure that the iOS device and the Apple TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi.
Is the Spectrum TV app free?
No. You need to buy the Spectrum subscription for streaming the video content. The subscription starts at $49.99 per month. Downloading the Spectrum TV app is free.
Can I access the Spectrum TV app on multiple devices?
Yes. You can create different usernames for different family members and each person can customize what they want to watch.
Is it necessary to have Spectrum Internet for accessing the Spectrum TV app content?
No. You just have to be connected to an internet network to watch the Spectrum app content.