2020 has been a difficult year for everyone. With the covid-19 pandemic creating havoc throughout the world, everything came to a halt. The only way the world reunite was through football.
Every sport has fanatical followers. But when it comes to fan following and engagement football takes an upper seat.
Are you excited for the upcoming 52nd season of Monday Night Football scheduled to start on September 8, 2022? Here’s what you need to know on how to watch Monday night football.
Table of Contents
Monday Night Football: How did it all start?
The 1970s gave birth to a new competition in pro football. The beginning of the decade sparked a new idea that changed the entire pro football landscape.
Three television networks signed an agreement to broadcast a newly established team of 26 teams, with ABC among them to televise the new concept- the concept of Monday Night Football.
Today football fans around the world look upon the game as something that they always have had.
But no, the idea unlike any other idea had to start at some point and that was way back on September 21, 1970, via a game between the New York Jets and the Browns in Cleveland.
Watch Monday Night football- Compatible Devices and Streaming Services
To watch the official Monday Night Football Live stream, you can opt for several streaming options including ESPN’s official website and app.
Monday Night Football is currently broadcast and streamed exclusively by ESPN.
All you need is a subscription to a qualifying cable or satellite television provider, and you can seamlessly watch the official Monday Night Football stream on your PC, Mobile device and a TV Streaming Service.
Let’s get going. . .
Watch Monday Night Football On PC
- To start streaming Monday Night Football navigate to espn.com/watch from a browser of your choice
- Choose any live stream, and then select your cable or satellite provider from the provided list.
- Here, follow the screen instructions to log in using your cable or satellite provider credentials.
- Now visit espn.com/watch again on the scheduled game day and tap to watch the Monday Night Football game live.
If your TV and Internet service providers are the same, this is the easiest process to stream your favourite game as the system automatically verifies your connection.
However, if you’re outdoor or your TV and internet service providers aren’t the same, keep the username and password for your cable or satellite television account handy (save or copy it on something that you can carry). This will help you sign in from anywhere and anytime.
Once your cable or satellite information has been verified on the ESPN website, you’ll be able to watch live or previously recorded video, except for the content exclusive to ESPN+.
To Watch ESPN Monday Night Football on Your Smartphone
Besides, live streaming directly on the ESPN website, you can also stream your favourite Monday Night Football via the ESPN mobile app.
The app allows you to watch games on handy devices like your phone, tablet, etc.
But similar to the ESPN website, the ESPN app also requires a valid cable or satellite TV subscription if you want to access premium content.
Here are a few steps to help you stream Monday Night Football through the ESPN app:
- If you own an iOS device download the ESPN Live Sports and Scores app from the App Store. In the case of an Android device download the Android ESPN app.
- Next click on Settings (a gear icon).
- Tap TV Provider.
- If both your internet and TV service providers are the same, select Allow. This will let ESPN access your TV subscription automatically.
- If your TV and Internet service providers aren’t the same, select it from the provided list and manually sign in.
- Upon signing in, select Monday Night Football from the Watch tab and stream the game live on your mobile device.
Similar Post: Streaming NFL Sunday Ticket On Roku
Watch Monday Night Football via a TV Streaming Service
Since ESPN is the solely authorized broadcaster streaming Monday Night Football, you can only watch Monday Night Football online through ESPN.
Cord Cutters good news for you!
You don’t need a valid cable or satellite TV subscription to watch ESPN. Simply choose a live TV streaming service to watch ESPN through the web, your smartphones, and TV-connected devices like Roku, Amazon Fire TV and Apple TV.
Via these streaming services, you can stream the ESPN channel airing on cable TV through the streaming service’s app.
Did you know that most of these services also give you access to ESPN’s streaming app, bringing all ESPN branded channels like ESPN+, ESPN2 and ESPN3 under one roof? But you can stream such premium content only if you’re an ESPN+ subscriber.
While several streaming services provide live TV, ESPN isn’t always included in the channel package.
Below we have listed a few options here for you to stream ESPN for watching Monday Night Football:
ESPN On Sling TV
Sling TV offers you three plans that include ESPN. But if you only want ESPN, Sling Orange is the pocket-friendly plan worth $35. There are no cheaper streaming plans for ESPN than this one
Besides, you can also stream other ESPN programs like ESPNews, ESPNU, SEC Network and more straight onto your television.
To know more about the ESPN channel list streaming plans, click here.
ESPN On DirecTV Stream
Whichever DirecTV plan you choose, ESPN is included in the package. For example, you can access ESPN and ESPN2 if you opt for the monthly “Entertainment” package worth $69.99.
Opting for their “Choice” plan worth $89.99 per month, you can access ESPNU, ESPNews, ACC Network, and SEC Network.
Among all, “Essentials” is the most affordable package. You can also sign up for a 5-day Free Trial on DirecTV.
ESPN On Hulu with Live TV
Most cord cutters are familiar with Hulu’s on-demand service. They also offer a Live TV service inclusive of ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPNU, ESPNews, ACC Network, and SEC Network for $69.99/month.
You can also watch ESPN3 on the ESPN app using your Hulu Live TV credentials.
Also Read: Activate Marquee Sports Network
ESPN On YouTube TV
YouTube’s basic package includes ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPNU, SEC Network and ESPNews with a slew of other channels for a cost of $64.99 per month
ESPN On FuboTV
Another popular destination to watch sports is Fubo TV. All FuboTV plans include ESPN, including the Starter plan, which is the most pocket-friendly plan.
In this plan, you’ll get ESPN, ESPN2, ACC Network, and SEC Network, along with the option to use your fuboTV login to watch ESPN3 through the ESPN app.
However, FuboTV offers a free seven-day trial, to see if you like the service before subscribing.
ESPN On Roku
If you own a Roku streaming player, Watch Monday Night Football on ESPN with Roku.
- Once you subscribe to a streaming service that offers ESPN like Sling TV, FuboTV, DIRECTV STREAM, YouTube TV, etc) go to Search from your Roku Menu, and press OK on your remote
- Input the name of the streaming service you’re subscribed to in the search bar
- Select the streaming service and tap OK
- Now select Add Channel (ESPN) and tap OK on your remote. If the channel is already installed, you’ll find Go To Channel as an option
- ESPN is successfully installed on your Roku. Launch the app to log in with your service provider credentials
Now, ESPN as a channel will be available through the app’s live TV guide.
Also Read: Activate ESPN Channel on Roku
ESPN On Fire TV
Own a Fire TV streaming player? Watch Monday Night Football on ESPN with Fire TV following these steps.
- Once you subscribe to a streaming service that offers ESPN (Sling TV, FuboTV, DIRECTV STREAM, YouTube TV, etc) tap on the Search icon located on the upper-left corner of your Fire TV home screen
- Find the name of the streaming service you’re subscribed to in the search bar
- Once located, choose your streaming service and tap OK
- Now select Download to install the channel (ESPN)
- The ESPN channel app is successfully installed on your Fire TV.
- Launch the app to log in with the credentials you used to log in with your service provider credentials
From now on ESPN as a channel will be available through the app’s live TV guide.
ESPN On Apple TV
If you’re an iOS user with an Apple TV, watch Monday Night Football on ESPN with Apple TV:
- Once you subscribe to a streaming service that offers ESPN (Sling TV, FuboTV, DIRECTV STREAM, YouTube TV, etc) navigate to the Search icon in the upper-left corner of your Apple TV screen
- Provide the name of the streaming service you’re subscribed to in the search bar
- Now tap to select your streaming service, and the ESPN channel will be installed
- Once the ESPN channel app is successfully installed on your Apple TV. Launch the app to sign in with your service provider credentials.
ESPN will be available as a channel through ESPN’s live TV guide.
Similar Post: cbssports.com/roku
A Game of Engagement
Football is widely known as the most popular sport in the world and like any other sport, football is no sport without its fans.
Unlike most other sports, Football fans are the most dedicated, and crazy-heads.
When it comes to fan engagement in football, victory strikes your mind first isn’t it?
But besides victory, Social media and establishing Fan Clubs are other fan engagement platforms to establish strong and emotional connections with fellow football fans.
So, fan engagement isn’t just an interesting but also an emotional phenomenon in football.
If that sounded interesting and helpful, don’t forget to share this with your network and keep up the Monday Night Football vibes high.
Want to know something more than this? Here’s a list of frequently asked questions you may follow
Q. What are the alternatives to watching Monday Night Football?
Besides the ESPN app, you also have the Yahoo Sports app or the NFL app to stream Monday Night Football for free.
Q. Is ESPN a free application?
Yes, the ESPN App is still a free mobile application both for your Android and iOS devices. The app offers you the same news, information, sports and sports highlights– with a new and enhanced design. Users globally can still stream ESPN networks with a paid TV subscription, without any additional cost.
Q. Can I stream Monday Night Football using an Antenna?
Yes, you can use an Antenna to watch Monday Night Football only when it airs on the ABC network which rarely happens. However, you can watch the local games that will air on ABC via antenna.
Q. Is a cable service mandatory to watch Monday Night Football?
No, you can happily cut off your Cord services, or if you already have done so, you can still access ESPN via Streaming services like Sling TV and others mentioned above. Almost all live TV streaming services offer ESPN.
Q. How do I watch Monday Night Football on my Big screen (Smart TV)?
With most streaming services you can stream Monday Night Football on your Big Screen (Smart TV). However, Hulu and FuboTV are the two best options among them. But even others will allow you to cast your channel on your Big screen. It’s just a matter of a few clicks.
Q. How do I watch Monday Night Football if I’m a resident of the UK?
The home to all NFL football in the U.K. has been Sky Sports. However, you also have the NFL Game Pass option. In addition to live broadcasts of games, the international version of this service offers on-demand options of watching the full broadcast or a shortened version that only includes the highlights.
Q. Can I watch Monday Night Football from any corner of the world?
Yes, Football fans around the world can tune into the Monday Night Football broadcast every week from any location with the help of a Virtual Private Network or VPN. This is one of the easiest and most affordable ways to watch any content you want from anywhere around the world.