Home & Garden Television, commonly known as HGTV, is a pay television channel provided by Discovery. The channel is known for broadcasting primarily real estate, home improvement, and reality programming. At present, the network is received by more than 75% of households with television and. It is available on almost all cable, satellite, IPTV, and streaming media platforms. While HGTV can be accessed easily through connections like Cable, IPTV, and Satellite, if you wish to access it through streaming media devices like Android TV, Apple TV, and Roku TV, you will first need to download and install the HGTV GO application, and then activate it by visiting the watch.hgtv.com/activate page. To know how to activate HGTV on the watch.hgtv.com/link page, you will need to follow the information provided in this guide.
Table of Contents
Activating HGTV GO for Roku TV at watch.hgtv.com/link
- To begin with, you will first need to press the Home button (Home icon) located on your Roku remote. This will direct you to the home screen.
- From the home screen, you will need to scroll down and select the Streaming Channels option to get to the Channel Store.
- Once you are in the Channel Store, you will find the list of featured, new and popular categories at the top. If you want you can use the Search Channels option to find the HGTV GO channel.
- NOTE: You can browse through the lists or channel grids by pressing the Forward scan button | Reverse scan button on your Roku remote to move up or down one page at a time.
- Once you find the HGTV channel (either by browsing or using the search option), you will need to press the OK button on your remote to learn more about the channel on its preview page.
- On the preview page, you will now need to press the Add Channel option to install the HGTV GO app on your Roku device.
- NOTE: For a free application, you will need to press the Add Channel option, and for paid channels, you will need to select the Buy option. In case you have configured a Roku account PIN, you will be prompted to enter it when purchasing an app.
- Once the HGTV GO application will get installed on your Roku device, it will get added to the list of channels under Home on the main screen. As you will scroll down, you will find the HGTV app added to the bottom of the list of channels. Once you locate the app, you will need to launch it.
- As you will launch the application, you will either be prompted to sign in to the app first, or you will be provided the activation code directly on the screen along with activation instructions.
- Once you have the activation code, you will need to open a web browser on your phone, tablet, or computer and navigate to the activation page of HGTV at watch.hgtv.com/activate.
- In the provided field on the activation, you will need to enter the activation code and press the ACTIVATE button.
- After that, simply follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process and be able to access HGTV on your Roku player or TV.
Related Post: tubi.tv/activate code
Activate HGTV GO for Apple TV at watch.hgtv.com/link
- Turn on your Apple TV and go to the App Store. Using the search option, you will need to find the HGTV GO app. For this, simply enter HGTV GO in the search field and press the search icon.
- From the search result, you will need to select the HGTV GO app. You will be directed to the preview page.
- On the preview page, you will need to click on the Get option and then press the Touch surface of your Siri remote to download and install the application.
- NOTE: In case you are looking to install a paid application, you will need to press the Buy button.
- Once the HGTV GO application gets installed on your Apple TV, you will see its icon appearing on the Home screen. Now, you will need to launch the application and sign in to the app if prompted. You will then be provided the activation code on your screen along with the activation instructions.
- Now, open a web browser on your phone, computer, or tablet and go to the HGTV GO activation page at the watch.hgtv.com/activate button.
- On the activation page, you will need to enter the activation code in the provided field and press the ACTIVATE! Button. Then, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
Also Read: start.watchown.tv/link
Activate HGTV GO Channel on Amazon Fire TV
- Turn on your Amazon Fire TV and go to the Apps section. Using the search option in the Apps section, you will need to look for the HGTV GO application.
- Once you find the application, you will need to go to its preview page to download and install it on your Amazon Fire TV.
- After installing the application, return to the home screen to launch the app. As you will launch the application, you will be prompted to sign in to get the activation code.
- NOTE: If not prompted to sign in to the application, you will be provided the activation code directly along with the activation instructions.
- Now, you will need to open a web browser on your phone, tablet, laptop, or desktop and navigate to the watch.hgtv.com/activate page.
- On the activation page, enter the activation code in the provided field and press the Activate! Button.
- After that, simply follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process and be able to watch HGTV GO on your Amazon Fire TV.
How to Activate HGTV on Android TV
- Switch on your Android TV and go to the Channel Store.
- Search for the HGTV Channel App.
- Select the app and click the ‘Add’ button to download the app on your TV.
- Open the app and an activation code will appear on the screen. Write the code.
- Now, visit watch.hgtv.com/link from your Computer or PC’s browser.
- Sign-In and enter the activation code. Click the ‘Activate’ button and finish the activation process. Enjoy the HGTV content.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to activate HGTV channel at watch.hgtv.com/activate page for your streaming devices.
Related blog: plex.tv/link
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the cost of the HGTV app?
The HGTV app is free to download and is available on App Store, Google Play Store, Amazon Store, and Roku Channel Store.
Is HGTV available on Chromecast?
Yes, the HGTV app is available on the Chromecast device.
Which devices are compatible with HGTV?
HGTV is compatible with iOS devices (iPad, iPhone), Android phones, FireStick, Roku, Chrome v43 and higher, Firefox v38 and higher, Internet Explorer v11+, and Safari v7+.
The HGTV activation code is not working. What are the fixes?
Try the following fixes:
- Make sure the activation code you have entered is correct.
- Check if the code has expired.
- Make sure that your TV account has not expired.
- Uninstall the app and reinstall it. Open the app and you will get a new activation code.
If the problem still persists, go to the Settings menu and click the ‘Contact Us/ Send Feedback’ option.
The HGTV app is not working. Provide the fixes.
Here are the fixes:
- Make sure that you are connected to a stable internet connection.
- Make sure you are using the latest version of the app.
- Make sure you are streaming the service from inside the United States.
- Clear the app cache and data.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app.
Sometimes, the app doesn’t work because of a system-wide issue. Wait till the issue is resolved.