The once-in-a-four-year extravaganza is back this year. Yes, we are talking about the world’s most electrifying sporting event, FIFA World Cup 2022. While cable subscribers have nothing to take from here except the match schedule, this post is specially drafted for the cord-cutters who do not want to miss the chance to watch the 2022 FIFA World Cup. In this guide, you will be specifically guided on how to watch FIFA World Cup 2022 on your Roku TV. Moreover, you will also be provided information on the complete match schedule as well as the list of streaming channels that will offer live matches. So, let’s begin.
Ways to Watch FIFA 2022 World Cup on Roku TV Live
The 64-match tournament will be hosted by Qatar this year and the broadcasting rights for the US are with Fox. While 35 matches will be televised on Fox, the rest 29 will be available on FS1. The Spanish-language channels partnering for the broadcast are Telemundo, NBC Universo, and NBCSN.
While cable TV subscribers can make use of the above-mentioned broadcasting options, for those who are looking to watch FIFA 2022 on Roku TV, here are the streaming channels options that you can consider and cheer up for your team.
- YouTube TV: Includes FOX, FS1, Telemundo, NBCSN, and NBC Universo in its live-streaming channels’ line-up.
- FuboTV: This shouldn’t be a surprise as the FuboTV streaming service was introduced as a soccer streaming service only. The application caters to both English and Spanish audience thanks to the availability of Fox (in certain markets), FS1, NBCSN, NBC Universo, and Telemundo.
- Sling TV: As the channel line-up of Sling TV comprises FOX in limited markets, you would want to combine it with an antenna. And, be assured, the app does offer FS1, NBCSN, and NBCUniversal.
- Hulu With Live TV: This popular on-demand service comes with Fox, FS1, NBCSN, and Telemundo.
- DirecTV Stream: This service is comparatively inexpensive to cable and Satellite services. Both Fox and FS1 are available in this application.
So, now as you have the information about the streaming service that you can use to stream the FIFA World Cup 2022 live on your Roku device, the following section will provide you with information on how to download and install these streaming services on Roku with complete activation.
To Install and Activate YouTube TV on Roku to Enjoy FIFA 2022 World Cup
If you wish to watch FIFA 2022 on your Roku device using the YouTube TV app, make sure you purchase the subscription to the app before following the instructions below.
- From the home screen of your Roku device, select the Streaming Channels option.
- In the Streaming Channels section, select the Search option.
- Enter “YouTube TV” in the search field and start searching.
- From the search result, select the YouTube TV app.
- Next, tap the Add channel button to download and install the YouTube TV app.
- Once the app gets installed, press the Go to channel button to open the app.
- Your TV screen will display a unique authentication code as well as an activation URL – youtube.com/tv/activate | tv.youtube.com/start.
- Now that you have the code, open a browser on another device (phone or pc) and use the URL to open the activation page.
- On the activation page, enter the code in the provided field and click the Next button. If prompted, sign in with your Google account credentials.
- Then, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
- The YouTube TV app will be activated on your Roku device and you are all set to watch FIFA World Cup 2022.
Installing and Activating FuboTV on Roku to Stream FIFA World Cup 2022
All the plans from the FuboTV app offer you access to the FIFA 2022 broadcasting. So, no matter if you are subscribed to the Pro, Elite, Ultimate, or Latino package, you won’t miss any matches from the tournament when planning to watch FIFA 2022 on Roku using FuboTV. Just follow these steps to activate the app on your Roku device.
- Go to the home screen of your Roku device and scroll down to select the Streaming Channels option.
- Next, select the Search option under the Streaming Channels section.
- In the search box, type “FuboTV” and submit it.
- Then, from the search result, select the FuboTV app and tap on the Add channel option.
- Wait for the app to get installed on your Roku device.
- Once installed, tap the Go to channel button to launch the Fubo TV app.
- On the welcome screen of the FuboTV app, you will be provided an activation code.
- Once you have the code, go to the activation page of FuboTV using the URL fubo.tv/activate.
- On the activation page, you will need to sign in to your Fubo TV account using the registered email address and password.
- When logged in, enter the activation code in the provided field and confirm it.
- After that, if prompted, go through the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
- The FuboTV app will be activated on your Roku device and you can start enjoying FIFA World Cup 2022 and other entertaining stuff from the app.
Steps to Install and Activate Sling TV To Watch FIFA World Cup 2022
While Sling TV offers FOX and FS1 channels as a part of the subscription for Blue and Orange Blue packages, however, if you are subscribed to the Orange package, you can still access FIFA 2022 by buying an add-on of FOX and FS1 channels. Just remember that the channels are available for the select market only.
- Access the home screen of your Roku device, scroll down, and select the Streaming Channels option.
- In the Streaming Channels section, select the Search option from the left-hand side.
- Next, enter “Sling TV” in the search field and submit it.
- Then, tap on the Sling TV in the search results.
- On the next screen, select the “Add channel” option to install the app.
- When installed, tap the Go to channel button to launch the app.
- From the welcome screen of the Sling TV app, select the Sign In option. You will be presented with a 5-digit unique code.
- Now that you have the code, open a phone/pc browser and use this URL – sling.com/activate to access the Sling TV activation page.
- On the activation page, enter the code and press the Continue option.
- Then, select the “I’m signing in to Sling TV”option and log into your account.
- Follow the on-screen prompts (if any) to complete the activation process.
- The Sling TV app will be activated on your Roku device and you will be able to enjoy the action from FIFA World Cup 2022.
Hulu App Activation on Roku to Watch FIFA World Cup 2022
If you have a Hulu Plus Live Streaming package, you are not going to miss the action from the FIFA World Cup 2022 on your Roku device. To know how to activate the Hulu app on your Roku device, follow the instructions suggested below.
- Access the Streaming Channels section on your Roku TV from the home screen and select the Search option.
- In the search section, enter “Hulu” and begin the search process.
- From the search result, select the Hulu app and tap the Add Channel button. Wait for the app to get installed on your Roku TV.
- Once the app is installed, click the Go to Channel optionto open the app.
- On the next screen, select the Log In option and tap on the Activate on a computer option.
- Doing so will provide you with an activation code on your TV screen along with an activation link – hulu.com/activate.
- Once you have the activation code, navigate to the Hulu activation page using the link provided.
- Sign in to your account on the activation page using your email and password.
- Once logged in, enter and submit the activation code.
- Then, follow the on-screen instructions (if any) to complete the activation process.
- Finally, return to your Roku device and start watching FIFA World Cup 2022 tournament.
How to Activate DirecTV Stream App on Roku to Access FIFA World Cup 2022?
DirecTV Stream app users are also in for the FIFA 2022 treat. Just download and install this app from your Roku Channel Store, and get it activated using the steps below.
- Go to the home screen of your Roku device and navigate to Streaming Channels > Search section.
- Type “DirecTV Stream” in the search field and start the search process.
- From the search result, select the DirecTV Stream app and tap on the Add channel button.
- Once the application is installed on your Roku device, launch it by selecting the Go to channel button.
- Next, go through the on-screen instructions on the welcome screen to receive the activation code.
- Then, visit the DirecTV Stream activation page using the link www.directv.com/activate on a separate browser of your phone or pc.
- On the activation page, sign in using your User ID and Password.
- After signing in, provide the activation code and complete the remaining on-screen prompts (if any).
- The DirecTV app should reload on your Roku device and take you to the home screen of the app. Congratulations! You are all set to watch FIFA World Cup 2022 on your Roku device with the DirecTV Stream app.
So, now as you have the complete information on how to watch FIFA World Cup 2022 using different supported streaming services on your Roku device, just sit on your couch, bring something to munch, and shout for your favorite team. Want to know the schedule for your team’s matches? Check out the list below.
FIFA 2022 World Cup Matches Schedule
The 32 teams participating in the FIFA World Cup 2022 tournament are divided into 8 different groups. The teams in each group are as follows.
|GROUP A||GROUP B||GROUP C||GROUP D|
|GROUP E||GROUP F||GROUP G||GROUP H|
The matches for each group and further matches (Round 16 | Quarterfinals | Semifinals | Third Spot | Final) are as follows.
SCHEDULE FOR GROUP A MATCHES
|Monday, November, 21||Senegal vs. Netherland||05:00 AM.||Al Thumama|
|Monday, November, 21||Qatar vs. Ecuador||11:00 AM.||Al Bayt|
|Friday, November, 25||Qatar vs. Senegal||08:00 AM.||Al Thumama|
|Friday, November, 25||Netherlands vs. Ecuador||11:00 AM.||Khalifa Int’l|
|Tuesday, November, 29||Netherlands vs. Qatar||10:00 AM||Al Bayt|
|Tuesday, November, 29||Ecuador vs. Senegal||10:00 AM||Khalifa Int’l|
SCHEDULE FOR GROUP B MATCHES
|Monday, November, 21||England vs. Iran||08:00 AM.||Khalifa Int’l|
|Monday, November, 21||USA vs. Wales||02:00 PM.||Ahmad Bin Ali|
|Friday, November, 25||Wales vs. Iran||05:00 AM.||Ahmad Bin Ali|
|Friday, November, 25||England vs. USA||02:00 PM.||Al Bayt|
|Tuesday, November, 29||Wales vs. England||02:00 PM.||Ahmad Bin Ali|
|Tuesday, November, 29||Iran vs. USA||02:00 PM.||Al Thumama|
SCHEDULE FOR GROUP C MATCHES
|Tuesday, November, 22||Argentina vs. S. Arabia||05:00 AM.||Lusail|
|Tuesday, November, 22||Mexico vs. Poland||11:00 AM.||Stadium 974|
|Saturday, November, 26||Poland vs. S. Arabia||08:00 AM.||Education City|
|Saturday, November, 26||Argentina vs. Mexico||02:00 PM.||Lusail|
|Wednesday, November, 30||Poland vs. Argentina||02:00 PM.||Stadium 974|
|Wednesday, November, 30||S. Arabia vs. Mexico||02:00 PM.||Lusail|
SCHEDULE FOR GROUP D MATCHES
|Tuesday, November, 22||Denmark vs. Tunisia||08:00 AM.||Education City|
|Tuesday, November, 22||France vs. Australia||02:00 PM.||Al Janoub|
|Saturday, November, 26||Tunisia vs. Australia||05:00 AM.||Al Janoub|
|Saturday, November, 26||France vs. Denmark||11:00 AM.||Stadium 974|
|Wednesday, November, 30||Tunisia vs. France||10:00 AM||Education City|
|Wednesday, November, 30||Australia vs. Denmark||10:00 AM||Al Janoub|
SCHEDULE FOR GROUP E MATCHES
|Wednesday, November, 23||Germany vs. Japan||08:00 AM.||Khalifa Int’l|
|Wednesday, November, 23||Spain vs. Costa Rica||11:00 AM.||Al Thumama|
|Sunday, November, 27||Japan vs. Costa Rica||05:00 AM.||Ahmad Bin Ali|
|Sunday, November, 27||Spain vs. Germany||02:00 PM.||Al Bayt|
|Thursday, December, 1||Japan vs. Spain||02:00 PM.||Khalifa Int’l|
|Thursday, December, 1||Costa Rica vs. Germany||02:00 PM.||Al Bayt|
SCHEDULE FOR GROUP F MATCHES
|Wednesday, November, 23||Morocco vs. Croatia||05:00 AM.||Al Bayt|
|Wednesday, November, 23||Belgium vs. Canada||02:00 PM.||Ahmad Bin Ali|
|Sunday, November, 27||Belgium vs. Morocco||08:00 AM.||Al Thumama|
|Sunday, November, 27||Croatia vs. Canada||11:00 AM.||Khalifa Int’l|
|Thursday, December, 1||Croatia vs. Belgium||10:00 AM||Ahmad Bin Ali|
|Thursday, December, 1||Canada vs. Morocco||10:00 AM||Al Thumama|
SCHEDULE FOR GROUP G MATCHES
|Thursday, November, 24||Switzerland vs. Cameroon||05:00 AM.||Al Janoub|
|Thursday, November, 24||Brazil vs. Serbia||02:00 PM.||Lusail|
|Monday, November, 28||Cameroon vs. Serbia||05:00 AM.||Al Janoub|
|Monday, November, 28||Brazil vs. Switzerland||11:00 AM.||Stadium 974|
|Friday, December, 2||Cameroon vs. Brazil||02:00 PM.||Lusail|
|Friday, December, 2||Serbia vs. Switzerland||02:00 PM.||Stadium 974|
SCHEDULE FOR GROUP H MATCHES
|Thursday, November, 24||Uruguay vs. South Korea||08:00 AM.||Education City|
|Thursday, November, 24||Portugal vs. Ghana||11:00 AM.||Stadium 974|
|Monday, November, 28||South Korea vs. Ghana||08:00 AM.||Education City|
|Monday, November, 28||Portugal vs. Uruguay||02:00 PM.||Lusail|
|Friday, December, 2||South Korea vs. Portugal||10:00 AM||Education City|
|Friday, December, 2||Ghana vs. Uruguay||10:00 AM||Al Janoub|
SCHEDULE FOR WORLD CUP ROUND OF 16 MATCHES
|Saturday, December, 3||1A vs. 2B||10:00 AM||Khalifa Int’l|
|Saturday, December, 3||1C vs. 2D||02:00 PM.||Ahmad Bin Ali|
|Sunday, December, 4||1D vs. 2C||10:00 AM||Al Thumama|
|Sunday, December, 4||1B vs. 2A||02:00 PM.||Al Bayt|
|Monday, December, 5||1E vs. 2F||10:00 AM||Al Janoub|
|Monday, December, 5||1G vs. 2H||02:00 PM.||Stadium 974|
|Tuesday, December, 6||1F vs. 2E||10:00 AM||Education City|
|Tuesday, December, 6||1H vs. 2G||02:00 PM.||Lusail|
SCHEDULE FOR WORLD CUP QUARTERFINALS
|Friday, December, 9||QF1: 1E/2F vs. 1G/2H||10:00 AM||Education City|
|Friday, December, 9||QF2: 1A/2B vs. 1C/2D||02:00 PM.||Lusail|
|Saturday, December, 10||QF3: 1F/2E vs. 1H/2G||10:00 AM||Al Thumama|
|Saturday, December, 10||QF4: 1B/2A vs. 1D/2C||02:00 PM.||Al Bayt|
SCHEDULE FOR WORLDCUP SEMIFINALS MATCHES
|Tuesday, December, 13||QF2 vs. QF1||02:00 PM.||Lusail|
|Wednesday, December, 14||QF4 vs. QF3||02:00 PM.||Al Bayt|
WORLD CUP 3RD PLACE MATCH
|Saturday, December, 17||Semifinal Losers||10:00 AM||Khalifa Int’l|
WORLD CUP FINAL MATCH
|Sunday, December, 18||Semifinal Winners||10:00 AM||Lusail|
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I update my Roku device?
To update your Roku device:
- Go to the home screen of your Roku device.
- Select the Settings option.
- Next, select the System option.
- Then, tap on the System update option. Here, you will see the current version of the software and the build version running on your Roku device. Also, you will see the date and time of the last update.
- Now, select the Check Now option to check for updates manually.
- If the updates are available, download and install them on your device.
Can I access the Hulu watch outside the US to watch FIFA World Cup 2022?
At present, Hulu is not accessible outside the US.
My activation code is not working when activating the Sling TV app on my Roku device. What to do?
Make sure you are entering the activation code on the Sling TV activation page currently. If the code appears to be invalid, check your Roku screen for a new code. Also, while submitting the code on the activation page, remember to keep your TV screen on the same screen where the code is being displayed.
The DirecTV Stream app is crashing frequently on my Roku device how to fix it?
If the DirecTV Stream app is crashing every time you try to load it, consider the following suggestions:
- Restart your Roku device and again launch the app.
- Check your internet connection for issues.
- Sign out and sign in to your DirecTV Stream account.
- Delete the DirecTV Stream app and install it again.