Rakuten Viki or Viki is a popular video streaming website offering premium content to users. It is regarded as the first platform of its kind to provide real-time subtitling and video sharing features. While the app is compatible with all popular devices like Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, and Amazon Fire TV, if you wish to access it, particularly on Roku, you will need to activate the Viki app at viki.com/roku. Below are the steps that will provide you with step-by-step instructions to activate the app on Roku as well as other supported devices.
Make Sure to Have a Rakuten Viki Account
In order to activate the Viki app on your Roku device, you must have a Rakuten Viki account. If you already have an account, you can proceed with the activation process straight away. However, if you don’t, follow the steps below to sign up.
- Go to the Viki sign-up page here.
- Once you are there, choose the preferred options from your screen: Continue with Google / Facebook / Apple / Rakuten / Email.
- Enter additional details (if prompted) on the next screen like your name, email address, password, and date of birth to complete the registration process.
- Then, if prompted, complete the remaining instructions provided in the message you get from Rakuten Viki.
- After successful verification, your Rakuten Viki account will be created.
Steps to Activate Rakuten Viki App for Roku at viki.com/roku
Viki app is supported by Roku devices running OS 9 or higher version. So, remember to keep your device updated to the latest version. If you wish to know how to update your Roku device, here are the steps to follow:
- Go to the Settings section on the Roku device.
- Tap on the System option.
- Next, select the System update option.
- The next screen will display your device’s current software along with the build version and the date & time when the update was installed.
- Tap on the Check Now option to search for the updates manually.
- If you find any updates available, install them.
Now that you have the Rakuten Viki account and your device is updated, you can activate the Viki app on your Roku device at viki.com/roku by following these steps.
Similar Post: Best 10 Websites to Watch Korean Drama
To Activate Rakuten Viki app on Roku via viki.com/roku
- Open the home screen of your Roku device and access the Streaming Channels section from the left-hand side.
- On the Streaming Channels screen, tap on the Search option.
- In the search field, enter “VIKI” and begin the search process.
- From the search result, select the Rakuten Viki app and tap on the Add channel button.
- Once the app is installed on your Roku device, tap the Go to channel button to open it.
- Now, click on the Sign in to continue option to receive a unique code.
- Once you have the code, go to the Viki activation page on another device using the link – viki.com/roku.
- Sign in using your Viki account credentials on the activation.
- Then, enter the code and tap the Link Now button.
- Follow the on-screen prompts (if any) to complete the activation process.
After successful activation, you can start watching your favorite show from the Viki app on your Roku device.
Additionally, if you also wish to access the Viki app on Apple TV, Android TV, or Fire TV, follow the information suggested below.
Also Read: disneyplus.com/begin code
Activating the Viki app on Android TV via viki.com/androidtv
Watch your favorite TV shows, movies, and Asian Dramas from countries like China, Taiwan, Japan, Thailand, Korea, etc. right on your Android TV by following the activation process below.
- Launch the home screen of your Android TV and go to Apps – Google Play Store.
- In the Play Store, search for the VIKI app.
- Once you find the app, select it and click on the Install option.
- After installing the app, press the Open option.
- From the welcome screen of the app, select the Sign in to continue option.
- Your TV screen should display a one-time verification code.
- As you now have the code, you will need to go to the Viki activation page. For that, use this link viki.com/androidtv.
- On the activation page, enter your sign-in credentials to log in to your Viki account.
- When logged in, enter the code and click the Link Now button.
- Once your code gets verified, you can get back to your Android TV and start watching the Viki app content.
Also Read: funimation.com/activate code
To Activate Viki App at viki.com/firetv on Fire TV
You can also enjoy the content from the Viki app on your Fire TV. However, before you try to activate the Viki app on your Fire TV make sure to update your device. You can find the option to update your device under the Settings section. Now, let’s get started.
- Select the Find option from your Fire TV’s home screen.
- Under the Find section, tap on the Search option.
- On the next screen, enter Viki using the on-screen keypad in the prompted search field.
- Once you find the Viki app, select it and tap the Get button to install it.
- After installation, press the Open button to launch the app.
- From the welcome screen, select the Sign in to continue option.
- You will be presented with an activation code and a link to viki.com/firetv.
- Use the link to get to the activation page of the Viki app.
- On the activation page, enter your Viki account username and password to sign in.
- When logged in, enter the code in the prompted field and click the Link Now button. Your Fire TV is now ready to serve you content from the Viki app.
To Activate the Viki App on Apple TV via Viki.com/appletv
Remember that the Viki app is supported by 4th Generation Apple TV only. If you have an Apple TV with a lower generation, you may not be able to access the app on it.
- From the main menu of your Apple TV, access the App Store app.
- In the search field of the App Store, enter Viki and confirm it.
- From the search result, select the Viki app and click the Get button. Wait for the app to get installed.
- Once installed, tap on the Open option to launch the Viki app.
- Select the Sign in to continue option from the app’s first screen.
- A unique code and an activation link – viki.com/appletv will be displayed on your TV screen.
- Now, go to the activation page of Viki on another device and sign in to your Viki account.
- When signed in, type the code and press the Link Now button. You should now have access to Viki app on your Apple TV.
Related Blog: plex.tv/link
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I access my Inbox?
To access your Inbox, go to contribute.viki.com and select your icon from the top=-right corner of the screen. This will display a drop-down menu from which select the Messages option to get to your Inbox.
How can I include a new line within the message?
If you wish to add a new line with a message but do not wish to send it right away, just press the Shift + Enter key. You can then keep writing your message.
How do I change the language of the Viki app on iOS and Android?
- Go to Settings > General Management > Language on your Android device.
- Next, choose the preferred language.
- Then, tap and hold the arrow icon of the language and drag it to the top of the menu.
- Uninstall the Viki app.
- Next, go to Settings > General > Language & Region section.
- Then, change the iPhone language to your preferred language.
- Now, download the Viki app once again. The language of the Viki app should now be in your chosen language.
What to do if I am seeing “You seem to be using a proxy or VPN”?
If you are seeing this error message, it means Viki has detected that you are using a VPN, Proxy, or “Unblocker” service. If this is the case, consider turning off the VPN, Proxy, and/or “Unblocker” service. However, if this is not the case and you are accessing the app in the permissible location, consider restarting the app.