Do you love playing video games? Do you also love watching people play their games? Twitch is perhaps the best platform that you should look forward to. This is where millions of people around the world come together live every day to interact, chat, and make their own entertainment, together. Twitch has everything to offer – games, talk shows, sports, music, just chatting, travel & outdoors, and special events. All you have to do is to find your thing, activate Twitch at twitch.tv/activate and watch what you love. You can connect with streamers and chat with millions of communities.
A popular video live streaming service, Twitch TV, only Twitch after acquired by Amazon in 2014, is an online service used for watching or broadcasting live or prerecorded videos of gameplays. It was launched in 2011 as Justin.tv, Twitch TV primarily concentrates on video game live streaming, which can be viewed either via video-on-demand or live. Video game players broadcast themselves playing the game. A chat box helps them connect with others including their audience. If you already have a Twitch account, you can use it on any other media player apart from your computer. To use it, you must activate Twitch on your streaming device. Depending on the device that you use, the activation steps might vary. It, however, does involve generating a unique activation code and entering the same at https://www.twitch.tv/activate to complete the process.
Table of Contents
How to Create a Twitch Account?
Do you already have a Twitch account? If no, you must create one to stream Twitch content on your streaming device.
- Go to the official Twitch Account – https://www.twitch.tv/.
- Look for the “Sign Up” option in the top right corner.
- Enter your “Username” (this is the name people will know you by on Twitch. Once given Username, you can always change it later), “Password”, “Confirm Password” (retype the password), Date of Birth (mm/dd/yy), and Email Address.
- Click on the “Sign Up” button.
That’s how you create a Twitch account.
Alternatively, if you don’t want to go through this process, simply choose your Facebook account. When you do that, Twitch will extract all your Facebook information and will let you use your account without any issue. Now that you have signed up for an account with Twitch TV, you may now proceed with the activation steps below.
Activate Twitch TV on Various Streaming Devices at https://www.twitch.tv/activate
Twitch is available on a wide range of streaming devices. Here’s a rundown of generic steps to activate the Twitch app on your streaming media player at twitch.tv/activate.
- Power on your streaming device and navigate to the Channel Store using the remote.
- Look for the Twitch app and touch the Add Channel button to get it on your device.
- Once installed, launch it to receive a unique activation code on the TV screen.
- Note down the code and go to the authorized web link – https://www.twitch.tv/activate.
- Enter the code in the given field and click on the “Activate” button.
- It should confirm the completion of the process.
Take a look at some of the most popular devices that support the Twitch app.
Activate Twitch on Roku at twitch.tv/activate
Twitch is available on Roku. Check out the activation process below –
- Turn on your Roku device and use the remote and navigate to the “Channel Store” to search for the Twitch app.
- Get it on your device by tapping the “+Add Channel” button.
- Sign in to the device if prompted and receive an activation code on the TV screen.
- On a different computer or phone, go to the link twitch.tv/activate.
- Enter the code and click on “Activate”.
Similar Post: How to Download Twitch Videos
Activate Twitch on PlayStation3 or PS4:
Wondering how to activate the Twitch TV app on PS3 or PS4? We have made it simpler for you. Have a look –
- Turn on your device and go to PlayStation Store.
- Type in the name, i.e. twitch and get the app on the screen.
- Tap to install the app and then open it.
- If prompted, sign in and save the activation code (given there).
- On a different smart device, go to https://www.twitch.tv/activate to enter the code.
- Complete the process and you will all good to stream Twitch TV content.
Stream Twitch on Xbox One or Xbox 360 (twitch.tv/activate):
- Xbox users are provided with the following information to complete the activation process.
- Start your device and go to the Xbox Store to download Twitch TV.
- Launch the app, log in if prompted, and receive the 6 digits code.
- Go to the activation link and enter the received code.
- Click on the Activate to start streaming the content.
Did you find the info handy? Let us know in the comment section below!
Also Read: Best Chrome Extensions for Twitch TV 
Frequently Asked Questions FAQ’s
Q. Who owns Twitch.tv/active?
Twitch TV was introduced by Amazon and now it is operated under the vision of Twitch Interactive.
Q. What is Twitch.tv/activate, and what are its benefits?
Twitch.tv/activate is the official page that is used to verify the user’s identity before granting them full access to their Twitch TV account. To ensure complete verification, you will need to put your password and email address in the given space to generate the activation codes.
Q. How do I activate Twitch code easily?
The entire activation process is easier to execute. The complete steps are straightforward to generate the activation codes. Simply, navigate to your web browser and type Twitch TV activate in the browser. Once you have provided the credentials in the given space click “Activate” button.
Q. How to enter the Twitch activation code?
Once you generate the six-digit activation code on your device, navigate to the browser and enter Twitch TV activate website. Enter your code and fill out all the necessary details in the given space. Click the Activate button.