If you have ever imagined a plug-in that could sync and track what you watch from your media center, Trakt is what you need. When you integrate Trakt into your streaming platforms, it tracks what you watch automatically like movies and shows, and keeps all your devices in sync, across different apps. The popular media tracking service is free to use. All you have to do is to create an account and activate Trakt at Trakt.tv/activate.
Sign up for a Trakt TV Account – Join Trakt
To begin with, you must create a Trakt account by visiting the official web link and clicking on “JOIN TRAKT” and follow the on-screen prompts. Let’s take a look at the sign-up process step-by-step –
- Go to the authorized Trakt TV website – https://trakt.tv/.
- Look for the “JOIN TRAKT FOR FREE” button. (Refer to the image below)
- It will direct you to another screen where you will need to enter some details – Email Address, Username, Password, and Confirm Password.
- Now, click on the “JOIN TRAKT”.
- That’s it! You have successfully signed up for an account with Trakt.
Another way to sign up with Trakt TV is to choose your Apple, Twitter, and Google account and create your Trakt account. You will have these options as well on the “JOIN TRAKT” page.
How to Activate Trakt TV and Connect it to Your Media Center?
Let us walk you through the activation process of your Trakt TV account and connect it to your media center –
- Make sure you have a Trakt.tv account. (Check the steps above to create one if you don’t have it already.)
- Go to the plug-in settings and navigate to the authentication section.
- You should get online instructions and an 8-digit code there.
- Take note of the code displayed and go to the activation link – trakt.tv/activate on your computer or smartphone.
- Enter the code that you have received online and allow access to the media center plug-in.
- Now, come back to your media center to see your Trakt account is connected.
If you face trouble receiving the online activation code, check whether you are using an older version of your media center plug-in. Reach out to the plug-in developer to resolve the issue. Remember, you can connect as many devices as you want. Just make sure you have got a unique code every time you wish to connect a new device. To receive a unique activation, you can refer to the above steps.
How to Install and Activate Trakt.TV on Kodi?
Kodi is a free, open-source media center known for playing videos, games, pictures, music, and more. Kodi runs on Android, iOS, Windows, OS X, and Linux. Check the following steps to download and install the Trakt TV plug-in from within Kodi.
- Open Kodi and click on the option “Search icon” (this should be located in the top left).
- Now, select “Search add-ons” and type in “Trakt.tv”.
- After entering the search string, click on the “Enter” option or the “OK” button.
- You will see a few options on the screen. Only, select “Script – Trakt”.
- Then, select the “Install” option (at the bottom of the page).
- In the top right, you must wait for the message “Trakt Add-on enabled”.
- A popup should come forward containing instructions on how to connect your Trakt.tv account. You may choose “Configure” if you don’t see this message or instructions on the screen.
- Then, select “How do I authorize…”
- You will receive an 8-digit code.
- Copy the code and go to trakt.tv/activate using your mobile device or desktop.
- Enter the code and click on the “CONTINUE” button.
- On the next screen, you will have an option to make – “Allow Trakt for Kodi to use your account?” Click on the “YES” option.
- Next, you will see a “Woohoo!” message.
“Your device is now connected and will automatically refresh in a few seconds.” You must return to Kodi.
Do you want Trakt to automatically track what you are watching? This process is called “scrobble” and when Trakt does that it keeps a record of your watching history and activities. It further helps you find new content based on your activities. Some of the reasons why you find it fascinating to use Trakt are –
- The plug-in automatically scrobbles & syncs from your media player.
- It works with streaming platforms, Kodi add-ons, FireStick APKs, etc.
- Brings movies and TV shows of your choice.
- Offers VIP plans for you.
Check the VIP plans here.
|Standard Features (Your Standard Trakt account comes with all this)||VIP Features (Unlock the full potential of your Trakt account)|
|Automatically scrobble what you are watching||Follow and discover friends||Support Our Community||No Advertising|
|Manually check-in from the website and mobile apps||Catalog your entire TV show and movie collections||Year in Review||All-Time Stats|
|Full history of everything you’ve watched||Personalized TV and movie calendars||Official iPhone App||iCAL Feeds|
|Real-time sharing to your social networks||Track your TV show progress||RSS Feeds for IFTTT||CSV Exports|
|Personalized TV and movie recommendations||See what’s trending in the community||Watch Now Filtering||Advanced Filtering|
|Watchlist||Personal lists||Calendar Notifications||Watch Now Favorites|
|Reviews & shouts||Featured lists||Progress Reset||Advanced List Progress|
|Email notifications||No spoilers||Custom Calendars||Copy List Items|
|Push notifications||Watch now links||Plex Scrobbler||VIP Badge|
|Profile Header Image||Widgets|
|Dark Night Mode||Amazon Alexa|
|Trigger Data Refreshes||VIP Only Forums|
Did you manage to activate Trakt using the trakt.tv/activate link? Make sure you have followed the steps as mentioned.