If you want to know how to activate your QLink wireless SIM card, then here is a detailed guide for you. QLink offers free wireless services viz. Unlimited text, data, voice calls, etc. to Lifeline eligible American customers. So, get ready to enjoy the free services just by following a few simple steps to activate the QLink Wireless SIM card via qlinkwireless.com/activate.
If your phone is compatible with the QLink Wireless, you can bring your phone to the network. The SIM card is available at no cost. The QLink Wireless SIM kit includes a QLink SIM card, three SIM card adapters, and a SIM card eject tool. Before moving to the SIM activation process, here is a quick guide on how to install the SIM on your smartphone.
Steps for Installing the QLink SIM card
Although SIM installation is a simple process, we are providing this step-by-step procedure to avoid any mistakes especially in cutting out the correct SIM size. So, follow the process carefully.
- Turn off your phone.
- Remove the present SIM card. You can use the SIM-card eject tool in your kit. Push the tool into the small hole next to the SIM tray. The SIM card tray will eject out.
- Take out the old SIM card and look closely at the QLink SIM card. You will see three cut-out sizes. Compare the old SIM with the new one to determine the correct SIM size. Now punch out the SIM as per the appropriate size. If this is your first SIM or you don’t have any old SIM, check online for the SIM size that will fit into your phone.
- Once you have the correct-sized SIM, put it into your phone.
- Turn on the phone. The SIM is installed successfully.
After successfully installing a SIM installation, you need to activate it to enjoy the services.
Methods of Activating the QLink SIM Card
You can activate your SIM card through any of the following methods:
- Activation using the QLink App
- Through the Customer Care Support
- Manual Method
Let’s check out these methods in detail.
Activation using the QLink App
You can easily activate your QLink SIM card through the QLink application. Here are the steps to be followed:
- Go to the Play Store and download the QLink app on your smartphone. The installation process will begin automatically after the download is complete.
- Once the installation is complete, log in using your QLink mobile number.
- That’s it! You will get the QLink wireless network on your smartphone.
Through the Customer Care Support
The QLink SIM card can also be activated by contacting customer care support. Here is what you need to do:
Just dial 1-855-754-6543 or 1-888-505-7678 and talk with the customer care representative for activating the SIM card.
Similar Post: xfinitymobile.com/activate
Manual Method Activate Qlink Wireless Sim Card
Here are the steps to manually activate the QLink SIM card:
- Open the SIM slot of your smartphone and carefully place the QLink SIM card in the space.
- Now, close the SIM tray and check if you see any network signal. You will get both 4G and 5G network coverage depending upon your location.
- If you get a signal, the SIM card is activated. Now, enjoy all the free services of your QLink services.
- If you don’t get a signal or get messages like ‘Not registered on the network’, try the following fixes:
- Restart your smartphone
- Enable Airplane mode/ Flight mode
- Reset all network settings
- Update your Access Point Name (APN)
- Now, enjoy the free services after fixing the issues.
Sometimes, even if the SIM is activated, users can’t access the free services. In such a situation, you can change the APN settings of the phone (only for Android devices). The APN settings must look like this:
- APN: Q Link
- MMSC: http://wholesale.mmsmvno.com/mms/wapenc
- MNC: 240
- MCC: 310
- APN type: default, supl, MMS
- APN Protocol: Select IPv4/IPv6
In case, you still face any issues in activating the QLink SIM, follow the steps provided here:
- You can visit the official website, go to the contact us page, and fill in the personal information form mentioning your issue. Submit the form.
- You will get a response from the QLink side and the SIM will be activated.
Also Read: real-debrid.com/device
About QLink Wireless and Lifeline
QLink Wireless, founded in 2011, is an American-based telecommunication company. It provides free wireless services to Lifeline-eligible American customers. The Lifeline service provides free wireless services to low-income individuals in every state. It is funded through the Universal Service Fund. And, those who are already getting any government benefits such as Medicaid or SNAP are eligible for the Lifeline service.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What will be the cost of switching to a new network?
There will be no cost for switching to the QLink Wireless 4G/ 5G network.
My iPhone is experiencing failed calls after the SIM upgrade. What to do?
This means that the phone is not connecting to the network well. You can fix this issue by updating the carrier settings. Here are the steps to be followed:
- Make sure that the phone is connected to a Wi-Fi or good internet connection.
- Now, go to Settings> General> About. You will see an option to update the carrier settings.
- If the update is available, click the option and complete the process.
After the carrier settings are updated, you will not face the issue of dropped calls. In case the issue still continues, call the Customer Support team at 1(855) 754-6543.
My QLink Wireless Service is canceled. What to do?
Your account may be canceled because you are no longer eligible for Lifeline service. In such a case, you can reapply only after you become eligible for Lifeline again.
Another reason for service cancellation is that you have done it yourself or because you were not using the service much. In both cases, you can start a new application and reactivate your services
Is there any contract or hidden cost with QLink unlimited services?
No. There is no contract or hidden cost. The QLink wireless services offer unlimited free data, talk time, and texting to eligible Americans.
How can I change my QLink password?
Login to your QLink account using your email ID (username) and zip code (password). You will see the ‘Change Password’ option under the ‘My Q Link’ menu on the right side. Add the password of your choice.