With an abundance of movies, TV shows, and other forms of entertainment to choose from, managing our media storage is seldom complicated when there are so many options available to us.
A digital media player and an organizational tool like Plex, allow you to access your media files-music, pictures, and videos from any compatible device without the need to transfer files every time you need them.
All you have to do is simply activate plex to your TV via plex.tv/link to enjoy all your favorite content in a single app on any device and from any location.
You can also access these media files stored on your Plex Media Server computer remotely over the internet.
Let’s get started. . .
Table of Contents
Plex: What’s the hype all about?
Plex is like a portal that enables you to find and access all your media, including anything from your files, podcasts, web shows, and news, to streaming music all in one podium.
You can also browse and access your files from any device with a valid entry to your Plex TV server.
Besides, watching your content, you can also enjoy tons of other features in its trunk. These include tracking your content, remotely organizing, optimizing media for devices or bandwidth, protecting your privacy etc.
Additionally, there are various other perks of using Plex over other services-
- You can share your content without any geographical limitations. There are no physical boundaries to refrain you from accessing your desirable content.
- Besides video content, you can also stream music, but the latter has the same aids in the Plex System. All you have to do is simply link your TIDAL account to access over 60 million songs.
- Plex’s Premium Membership Feature allows you to set up your DVR and record your shows from over the air and watch it anywhere.
Setting Up Plex Media Server On Your Computer
To use Plex, you need to install the Plex Media Server on your computer or network-attached server (NAS) device where your music, videos, and other media files are stored.
Before you can use Plex to stream your music and videos, you must sign up to create an account with the service and then install the server software. To sign up for a new Plex account, you must:
- Visit Plex.tv.
- Now tap to select Sign Up.
- You can choose either of the available options- Continue With Google, Continue With Facebook, or Continue with Apple. However, you can also skip those options and enter your email address directly if you want to sign up that way.
- Next, enter your Google or Facebook login credentials, or enter your email address and choose to set up a password, then tap to select Create An Account. You have successfully created your Plex account.
How to Sign in to a Plex Account?
To Sign in to the Plex account, you must have a Plex account. So, here is how you can sign up for one. After the signup procedure, check out the steps to sign in to your Plex account.
Plex Sign Up
- Visit the official Plex sign-up page at https://www.plex.tv/sign-up/.
- You can provide a valid email ID and choose a password for sign-up or sign-up using your Google, Facebook, or Apple ID.
- Continue to create the account.
- Once the account is created, you can manage your Plex information through your account.
Plex Sign In
Now that you have signed up for the Plex account, you can sign in to your account for managing various activities.
- Visit the official website at https://www.plex.tv/.
- Click on the three horizontal lines on the top left side and select the ‘Sign In’ option.
- Select from the options and sign in providing your credentials.
It’s time to Download and Install Plex
Once you have successfully created your Plex account, you’re all set to download and install the Plex Media Server software.
The Plex software allows you to stream all your media files from one primary computer to your secondary devices.
- First go to plex.tv/media-server-downloads and select the operating system or platform you use.
- Now tap to select Download.
- Once downloaded, launch the Plex Media Server file and select Install
- Now select Launch once the installation is complete.
Activate Plex TV on Compatible Various Devices at plex.tv/link
You need two different applications if you want to use Plex:
- The server application running on your computer where you store your media files.
- A separate Plex app running on your other computers, phones, tablets, and streaming devices.
However, let’s get started to activate Plex on a couple of compatible streaming devices.
Activate Plex TV On Roku
- To get started with Plex activation on Roku, navigate to the Roku main menu/Home screen using the Home button of your Roku remote.
- From here, visit the Roku Channel Store to select the Movies and TV section.
- Now type to search for the Plex app.
- Once located, launch the application on your device.
- Upon launching you’ll receive an activation code on-screen. Simply copy the activation code and visit plex.tv/link from your mobile or desktop browser.
- Here, enter the Plex activation code in the space provided and hit the Submit button.
You have successfully activated Plex on your Roku device. You can now easily access your media files and content from any compatible device without the hassle to transfer those files every time you need them.
Similar Post: funimation.com/activate
Activate Plex TV on Amazon Fire TV/ Fire Stick via plex.tv/link
Amazon’s Fire TV and Fire TV Stick have been pretty decent hardware but it’s far too complicated when it comes to getting local video files on your Fire TV without resorting to using an Android developer kit and installing third-party apps like Kodi. Isn’t it?
However, it’s time to dust off such complications as you can now jump into your local media simply using the Plex Media Server. But before that you should learn the steps to activate it:
- To get started with Plex on your Fire TV or Fire Stick, simply select the “Search” menu at the top of the left hand from the navigation bar
- Now Select Apps and type to search for the Plex app.
- Upon locating the app from the results, click on Download within the app menu.
- Once the app is downloaded and installed, tap to open it and start the login and configuration process.
- The first step is to configure the over scan settings, via the arrow keys on your Fire remote. You must adjust the display so that the arrows are all visible. Now simply tap on “Accept”.
- Once your screen adjustments are fixed, you’ll now be prompted to select Sign in to log in to your Plex account.
- Once you log in, you’ll receive an on-screen activation code. Don’t forget to copy it or save it somewhere for further reference.
- Now visit plex.tv/link from your mobile or desktop browser to link your Plex client to your account.
- Once linked, you’ll be immediately moved into the main Plex interface.
Note: it doesn’t matter which generation of the product you use. Plex can even be used with the first-generation Fire Stick, but if you have both on hand and want to choose between the two, the extra processing power makes the Fire TV a better choice.
You have successfully activated Plex on your Fire TV/ Fire Stick device. You can now easily access your media files and content from any compatible device without the hassle to transfer those files every time you need them.
Also Read: my5.tv/activate
Activate Plex TV on Apple TV
Post setting up Plex on your computer, and attaching it to your media library, you can easily access your videos, music, photos and other media files across any device.
Besides Roku and Fire TV, Plex plays content on local network devices, including smart TV boxes like Apple TV.
- To get started with the activation process, launch the App Store on your Apple TV.
- Type to search for the Plex app here.
- Once located, Select Add Channel to install it.
- Now launch the app on your device, once it is installed.
- An activation code will be displayed on-screen. Copy or save the code.
- Next visit plex.tv/link from your mobile/desktop browser. Here you are required to enter the Plex activation code saved earlier.
- Now simply tap to Submit.
Note: Plex works best on the fourth generation of Apple TV. However, you can still install Plex on a third-generation Apple TV.
Now that you have successfully activated Plex on your Apple TV device. You can now easily access your media files and content from any compatible device without the hassle to transfer those files every time you need them.
Plex TV on Android TV at plex.tv/link
As we know that Plex is compatible with almost all available platforms, it works like a charm if you have a Smart TV that runs on an Android system.
While the newer Android Smart TVs have native compatibility for Plex, unlike a few older versions. So, to get started with Plex activation on Android TV:
- Navigate to the Android TV Home screen and launch the Google Play Store on it.
- Now type to search for Plex in the search box.
- Upon locating the app from the listed search results, install it on your Android TV.
- Now launch the Plex App to receive an activation code that will be displayed on-screen. Copy or save the code.
- Next visit plex.tv/link from your mobile/desktop browser. Here, enter the Plex activation code saved earlier.
- Now simply tap to Submit.
Note: Even if you do not own a TV that runs on an Android system, most Smart TVs are compatible with the Plex App. You can download and run the app with a similar process.
Now that you have successfully activated Plex on your Android TV device you should now have the access to all your desired files that are stored on the server-side.
Related Post: peacock.com/tv
Plex TV App Not working? How to Fix?
Some users were facing an issue of the Plex TV app not working on smart TVs while it was streaming on other devices. Here is what you need to do to fix the issue.
- On your TV app, go to Settings> Advanced> Allow Insecure Connections and set it to ‘Always’
- On the Plex server, go to Settings> Network> Secure Connections and set it to ‘Preferred’.
Stream Easier and Faster with Plex. . .
Streaming services are great for accessing a large amount of content, But the hardest reality is you don’t own any of it, regardless of your short or long-term subscription plans. Isn’t it?
Plex comes like a Gift from Aladdin’s Magic Lamp. It is the best alternative to store a vast collection of your favourite music, photos, and videos.
This media management software enables you to construct an all-time accessible media server, alongside playback apps on several platforms.
When it comes to media uploading and streaming capabilities, Plex earns a top-rated position given an easy setup, reliable performance, excellent organizational tools and an entertainment streaming service that hosts free TV and films.
If you found this post simple and helpful while you activate Plex on your supported devices, don’t forget to share it within your network and leave us with your valuable feedback.
You may also like:
FAQs – About plex.tv/link
Still, have queries about Plex and how the software works? We have a set of frequently asked questions listed below to help you out.
Q. Is Plex a legal service?
Yes, Plex is a legal service. But there are also ways to turn something legal and illegal.
While the entire system is designed to stream your stored media from the server, there are those media files that are absolutely out of the hands of the Plex System.
The system is often used to store and stream Pirated copies of movies, shows, and music, which is an illegal use.
Q. Is Plex Free?
Yes, Plex is free to download and use software, but with limited access to features like mobile sync and live television unless you pay a subscription fee. But you can still make the best use of the free version of Plex.
Q. What do I get in the free version of Plex?
With a free Plex account, you will have access to more than 100 free channels, available for streaming online at any time, and 20,000 on-demand TV and movie titles.
You can even connect your media to Plex and play it back for free on the Plex web platform. This includes photos and music, which Plex automatically and intuitively sorts and organizes in the form of a digital library collection once uploaded. You can then access and share them across devices.
However, you can fully access the mobile media playback, only if the Plex mobile app is unlocked with an in-app purchase. Mobile access is also included with a Plex Pass subscription. Else, you’re limited to only one-minute previews on mobile.
Q. What is the difference between Plex premium from free Plex accounts?
For media obsessives, Plex premium offers a toolbox of advanced features for growing and maintaining your media library. With a Plex premium service you enjoy the following features:
- Media: You can sync your media – photos, and files – to any mobile device. Besides, you can access additional sharing controls, bandwidth, per-stream caps, video decoder and encoders for converting and streaming videos in HD as well as 4K on multiple devices more smoothly.
- TV & Movies: Plex Premium allows you to skip intros to shows, and watch movies in 4K on supported devices. You can also download titles to watch them offline on the mobile app with the Plex Pass.
- Music: A Plex Pass will give you access to visualizers and loudness levelling for songs and podcasts, timed lyrics during audio play, and finally a discount on your Tidal subscription.
Q. How do I connect to my Account Via Code?
To connect to your Plex account using the activation code, you must:
- Turn on Your Smart TV and select the Sign In button.
- Remember to copy or save the 4 digits activation code/link that you will need to connect the app to the account you have created with the Plex account.
- Now visit https://plex.tv/link from your browser and enter the code for the link.
- Click on Submit and the app will restart itself within a couple of seconds to be linked to Plex TV.
Q. What are the other compatible devices supporting Plex?
Plex is easily compatible with every smart device that has the right to use the Plex television app. Below is a list of devices that are compatible to run the Plex television program:
- Smart TVs
- Android together with I-OS device
- X Box
- Nvidia Shield
- VR devices like Oculus Proceed
- Amazon Alexa
- Windows Devices