Primarily a Sunday afternoon. You’re all set to watch your favourite movie that you have been waiting to watch since the whole week given your packed schedule… and guess what? right when you click on the play button, you notice there’s no audio despite a high-definition picture. Frustrating, isn’t it?
what is the first thing you immediately do at that moment? Either bang your remote control hard on the floor or the remote will probably have the last day in your house. Sounds relatable to the core?
Well, we’re not exactly talking about your anger management issues but definitely to help you manage the no sound issue when playing Amazon Prime videos.
Table of Contents
No sound error on Amazon Prime Video app: Why do they occur?
Note that while no specific factors can cause this issue, there may be varying possible reasons behind it.
Firstly, The HDMI cable you are using might not be compatible with some devices, or it might have additional capabilities that may prevent it from working. Accordingly, the cable is unable to transmit uncompressed digital audio as well as video data from your TV, set-top-box or your computer monitor.
Secondly, your television volume may be low or muted. In that case, check and change your audio settings to increase the volume.
Thirdly, you have connected your Smart TV to an A/V receiver which is turned off. Check to turn on the receiver.
Similar Post: Prime Video Not Working on Roku
Is it possible to solve no sound error when playing Amazon prime videos?
However, the problem can be indeed annoying. But we’re here to resolve this. Just follow the quick troubleshooting guide and you are all good to go.
- Restart the Amazon Prime video app
Given a low bandwidth or unstable internet connection, you can encounter various streaming issues. Thus, they aren’t related to your Amazon Prime service particularly.
You can simply initiate a restart of your app, router or modem and troubleshoot the audio sync error. Follow these quick steps to restart the Amazon Prime video app:
- Navigate from your device’s (Fire TV) home page and go to Settings.
- Select Applications and click on Managed Installed Applications
- Now, select Amazon Prime Video on either of the aforesaid device you’re using.
- Now click on Force Close and relaunch the app
- Did you check the status of your cable connection?
Poor cable or HDMI cable connections can be a primary cause behind no sound error on Amazon Prime video. Problems occur when HDMI inputs malfunction independently despite working together with On-Screen Displays.
The reason being, they are responsible for transmitting uncompressed digital audio.
As a result, the wrong cable can cause several issues like no audio, no video, or both.
To sort this, simply check the status of your cable connection. To fix this, follow the steps below:
- Verify that your HDMI connections or other optical adapters are correctly plugged in
- Ensure you don’t have frayed or worn-out cables
- Tr a different HDMI cable. It is possible that you are using an old cable which is not compatible with your device.
- The easiest solution could be enabling the units to reset themselves. Simply, unplug them from a power source. Wait for 2 minutes and power them again. However, the HDMI cables are connected throughout this process.
- Perform an optimal software update
If your device is running on an outdated software, obviously it will cause display and sound problems.
To optimally run the device, you need to update your software as and when available.
Ensure that you’re using the latest operating system and an updated version of Amazon Prime Video app on your device,
Using Fire TV Stick? follow the steps below.
- From the homepage, go to Settings
- Click on the System (My Fire TV)
- Now Select About and Click on Software Version
- Click on Check For System Update
Following the above process, you can update your software and fix any existing issue that you have been experiencing.
- Reset your Audio settings
Streaming on Amazon Prime and getting no sound but only picture? it is possible your audio settings may be turned off. Immediately check your device’s audio settings to fix the error.
Initially start by turning off DD+ (Dolby Digital Plus). How will you do this? Follow the steps below.
- Open Settings on your Fire TV Stick or Amazon Fire TV
- Now Select Display and Sounds
- Go to Audio and select Dolby Digital Output.
- Disable DD+ and start the video again.
- Ensure that your receiver supports DD+ to get DD+ audio.
- Delete to reinstall the app
We understand that deleting an app means you will lose your data. Instead, we recommend you to update the app, and your data is intact.
But given technical issues like an audio error when playing Amazon Prime videos, deleting the app and reinstalling it again the safe option.
Deleting the app will delete its settings, cache, and data. Also, it can help you free up some space. After deleting, you should reinstall the app so that it can come with default settings.
Wondering how to delete the Amazon Prime app? Know the steps:
- From Fire TV homepage, navigate to Settings
- Select Applications and choose Manage Installed Applications
- Now, track the Amazon Prime app and click to Uninstall
- Post uninstallation, locate and reinstall the app. Install a fresh app that has factory settings without any cached data.
Update your device firmware
Firmware is an inbuilt software program in a device which controls a device behaviour and performance. Need to update the firmware of the device you are using to stream Amazon Prime videos online?
Your device’s firmware requires a firmware update. Upgrade to its new version no sooner the device manufacturer releases updates.
A firmware update helps to repair bugs and adding improved features to the device. Also, you can be assured about the device’s protection from security threats.
To check for regular updates, you need to look you’re your device’s support website and automatically download them. Check your device’s manual to look for the support website or search on Google.
You can also manually download the firmware and update your device. This can be done only if the Amazon Prime video no sound is a relatively new problem on your device
Similar Post: primevideo.com/mytv
You can now solve Amazon Prime video no sound error…
The most common step to solve this is to start by checking your TV volume. Ensure your TV is not muted or at the lowest volume.
We hope this guide helps you to fix the “no sound on Amazon Prime” glitch. If not, feel free to contact Amazon Prime customer support for further assistance.
In case you wish to be double checked contact your device manufacturer to check if there is any faulty hardware causing the issue.
Follow the developer’s instructions carefully if you choose a firmware update.