If you are planning to get a Nectar loyalty card or if you already have got one and want to know how the card will work, this article is for you. Here, you will find complete information on how to get a card, the activation process, and other card-related information. So, read the complete article to know how to activate the Nectar card via nectar.com/activate.
Table of Contents
About Nectar Loyalty Card
Nectar is a loyalty card scheme by Nectar 360 Ltd. (owned by Sainsbury’s). The service was launched in 2002 with four partners and now it has grown to have more than fourteen companies and more than 400 online retailers. With a Nectar loyalty card, customers receive benefits in the form of points, which are added to their card and can be used later on purchases. These points help businesses get returning customers.
With Nectar Donate, you can also give your points to charity. It is the newest offering from Nectar (in a partnership with Crowdfunder). Through the service, collectors can donate their points to local charities across the United Kingdom. All donated points are converted into funding.
How to Register for a Nectar Card? | How to Get a Nectar Card?
Getting a Nectar card is simple. You can register online or via the Nectar app or pick it up from a Sainsbury’s store. Here’s how you can register online.
- Go to the link here.
- Enter your email address. If you want any marketing emails, tick the relevant check-box; else, opt-out. And, click the ‘Continue’ button.
- Complete the online registration process and you will receive your card within 14 days.
- Once you receive the card, activate it using the below-mentioned procedure.
When you get the card from the store, fill in the registration form and send it back to the store.
Steps to Activate a Nectar Card via nectar.com/activate
After receiving a Nectar card, the next immediate step is to activate the card as benefits can be enjoyed only after activation. The activation process is quick and easy. Here are the steps to be followed:
- Visit the official activation page at nectar.com/activate. It is advised to complete the activation process only through the official website.
- Select the ‘I already have a Nectar Card’ option. Click the ‘Continue’ button.
- Enter your Nectar card number (the last eleven numbers on your card). Click the ‘Continue’ button.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions and provide information such as the cardholder’s name, expiry date on the card, and other personal details.
- Re-check everything and submit it to complete the activation process.
- You will receive a success message on activation.
Once your Nectar card is active, view your offers at nectar.com/nectar-connect by logging into your account. Click on the ‘activate offer/ load onto the card’ option to activate an offer. You can now enjoy your Nectar advantages. New offers are updated frequently on the official website. Keep a check.
Similar Post: rbc.com/activate
If you have forgotten your Nectar password, you can reset it easily. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the Nectar login page.
- Look for the ‘Forgot your password?’ option above the ‘Login’ button.
- Enter your associated email address and click the ‘Continue’ button.
- A secure link will be sent to your email id. Open it and click the link. You will now be able to reset the old password and generate a new one.
- That’s it! Login using your new password.
Card ‘blocked’ Error? Try These Fixes
If you are getting a ‘card blocked’ error message from Sainsbury’s, here are some troubleshooting tips:
- If it’s been more than twelve months since you swiped the card at Sainsbury’s store, the card will not be recognized. Also, if it’s been the first time you have swiped your card at the store, wait for 24 hours to see your balance and other details.
- Another reason might be registration. You need to register/ activate your card online as soon as you receive it. Once the activation is done, you can manage your card’s activities and check special offers.
If you still get the message, get in touch with our support team for a solution.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How can I collect Nectar points?
There are various ways to collect Nectar points. You can earn points via your purchases at Sainsbury’s, eBay, Argos, Avios, ESSO, Trains (Avanti West Coast, Great Western, South Western, and TransPennine Express), insurance, and via Nectar Connect. There are other retailers also viz. ASOS, Booking.com, Dulux, Dominos, Wayfair, Groupon, Expedia, Just Eat, etc.
When do Nectar points expire?
The Nectar points have no expiry date but if the account is closed, the points are lost.
How can I spend my Nectar points?
You can spend the Nectar points while making in-store or online purchases at Sainsbury’s and other partners.
How many Nectar points will I receive on my purchases?
You will receive one point on every pound spent. However, sometimes you might get greater offers to earn more.
Is there an app available for Nectar?
Yes. You can download the Nectar app for both Android and iOS platforms. The app will help you in accessing your customized offers in one place. You can check out the new offers every Thursday.
Can I get a replacement for my Nectar Card?
Yes. Here are the steps to be followed:
- Go to the Nectar log-in page and enter your credentials to log in.
- Now, look for the card replacement option in your profile.
- Fill out the form and submit it. A new card will be mailed to your registered address. It will reach you within ten days.
In case your card is stolen, you will get a new card number. Your points will remain safe. And, in case the card is damaged, you can continue with the same card number.
The code sent to me by Nectar isn’t working when I am trying to log in. What to do?
The code sent by Nectar remains valid only for a few minutes. So, use it straight away when you receive it. If the code is not accepted, you can request it again.