There are ample choices available when it comes to choosing the correct TV channels, especially deciding which TV channel will be the best for us.
This is especially because viewing habits over the years have evolved from watching regular content weekly at a set time to being able to watch shows anytime and anywhere you want on-demand.
While the ongoing debate on cable vs satellite TV goes up and down the share market price, choosing free-to-air services you stand on the safe side.
But the role of technology with free on-demand video streaming services like My5 TV has made a huge difference in featuring weekly content.
So, let’s get to know how My5 Tv works and the steps to activate it via my5.tv/activate
Table of Contents
My5tv channel 5: What’s in store?
My5tv, also popularly known as Channel 5, is a free British video-on-demand service.
Launched in 1997, it is the fifth national terrestrial channel in the United Kingdom and is owned by Paramount Networks UK and Australia.
This on-demand streaming service in the UK lets you stream shows and movies that have been broadcast over the last week. You can access current and upcoming shows completely free.
While you can also access other partner broadcasters, you cannot stream live television from other broadcasters like BBC iPlayer or ITV Player because My5 is an independent broadcaster.
With My5tv you can watch shows like Celebrity Big Brother, NCIS, Home and Away, The Special Needs Hotel, Queens of Mystery, Neighbours, Law & Order online etc. You can also access other channels like 5ACTION, 5STAR, 5SELECT and 5USA.
The genres vary from documentaries to My5 Exclusives, drams, daily soaps, sports and much more.
How do You register on My5tv?
One of the most basic things you should do before activating any channel on your streaming device is to register and make an account. This is helpful and you can reap several benefits once you’re officially registered. My5tv is no exception.
Here’s how you can make an account on My5tv and officially register yourself on the channel:
- To get started with My5tv registration, tap on the user icon from the top right corner.
- A sign-in page will appear, tap on the Register Now option.
- Enter your name, password, and email and fill out other credentials (if any) in the form.
- Now Read and Accept the terms and conditions option.
- Once you’ve checked the terms and conditions box, tap the submit button.
You’re now successfully registered on My5tv.
My5 TV Activation on Compatible Streaming Devices via my5.tv/activate
The My5 application is available on myriad streaming devices such as the Roku, Apple TV, Android TV etc. Once you’ve installed the My5 app on your compatible device, you can directly access and enjoy My5 content
All you have to do is download the My5 TV application on your streaming device, and activate the channel to get started.
Activate my5 TV On Roku
My5tv is compatible across a variety of streaming devices, Roku topping the list.
So, let’s get started with My5tv activation on Roku:
- To get started with My5TV activation on Roku, first go to the Roku home page
- Now, with the help of the search icon on top of the screen type to search the My5tv application.
- Once located, download and install the app from the Roku channel store.
- Once downloaded, launch the app to sign in.
- Here you will receive a unique activation code. Note: the code must be copied or saved for further reference.
- Now, using your PC or mobile browser visit my5.tv/activate. Sign in to type the activation code you had copied.
- Once the code is verified, you can seamlessly enjoy streaming My5 on your Roku.
Similar Post: Activate Peacocktv.com TV on Roku, Apple TV and Fire TV
On Apple TV via my5.tv/activate
The My5 application can be downloaded for free on a variety of platforms. So, if you own an Apple TV, My5tv is compatible with your Apple TV.
Apple TV is another popular platform to stream My5tv. Let’s get started with the activation process:
- To begin My5tv activation on Apple Tv, turn on the device and visit the App Store from your Apple TV homepage.
- Here, type to search My5tv using the virtual keypad. Once located, download the application.
- Upon installation, launch the MY5tv application and sign in.
- Once you sign in, you will receive a unique activation code on your screen alongside a set of instructions. Note to copy or save the code somewhere for further reference.
- Using the browser of a different device (your mobile or PC) visit my5.tv/activate.
- Here, sign in and enter the activation code you had saved.
Your Apple TV is successfully set up to stream your favourite My5tv content.
On Android TV
Android TV is another user-friendly platform to stream your favourite My5tv content.
From daily soaps, drama and documentaries to 5News, My5 Exclusives, and Sports, stream your favourite content on Android TV. Let’s get started with the activation on Android TV:
- To get started with the Android TV activation process, ensure that your device is connected to a stable Wi-Fi connection.
- Now, from the Android TV home screen, visit the Google play store.
- Using the search icon on the top of the screen, type to locate the My5tv app.
- Once located, download and install the My5tv app on your Android TV.
- Now upon launching the My5tv app, you will receive a unique activation code. Note: the code must be copied or saved somewhere. You can also leave your screen visible for the same.
- Now using a different device visit my5.tv/activate and enter the code you had received in the space provided tap the Activate button.
Your Android TV is all set to seamlessly stream your favourite My5tv programs.
Also Read: How to Activate TVOne.tv on Roku and Fire TV
Xbox is another popularly known user-friendly streaming platform. You can opt to stream your My5tv channel on this game console. But before that, you must activate the channel using the steps below:
- To get started with My5tv activation on Xbox, turn on your Xbox console.
- Now turn your Xbox and type to search the My5tv application in the App store.
- Once located, download to install the My5 app.
- Upon installation, launch the app and sign in to your My5tv account.
- Here, you will get an activation code. Remember to copy or note it down somewhere. You can also leave the screen visible for this purpose.
- Next, using your mobile or PC browser visit my5.tv/activate and sign in there.
- Upon signing in, a screen will be displayed where you are required to enter the activation code you have received.
Once the code is entered, you hereby complete the My5 TV activation process on your Xbox. The Xbox console is ready to stream all your favourite My5tv content seamlessly.
Note: Often services aren’t available in many regions. You must change the region of your device to the UK to access My5 from the UK.
For example, if you reside in the UK and want to access My5 TV, choose the region to be set to the UK.
You can then sign in with your My5 account details to access My5 on your streaming device. After that, you should be able to access My5 media on any My5 TV compatible device.
Currently, Traditional media concepts are nothing but matters of the past. The entire entertainment industry is undergoing a fundamental transformation.
As evident from how streaming services are no longer mere consumption mediums for films and TV programs and on-demand videos have radically changed consumer behaviour both globally and locally.
Consumers today increasingly expect relevant yet attractive TV and video content that is accessible anytime and anywhere, in the format suiting the best of their immediate needs.
Thus, all these factors have already started influencing the market. As a result, what exactly will the future of TV and videos look like in the coming few years?
Either global streaming giants like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Apple, and Google will dominate the market Or the TV and video industry will develop into a diversified conglomerate in which traditional providers will have an equal role to play.
While ongoing diversifications make long-term predictions difficult, you can make the best of British free-to-air on-demand video broadcast, My5tv.
If you found the post helpful, activate the channel now using my5.tv/activate and don’t forget to share your views with us.
Want to know something more about My5tv before activating the channel? We can help you through:
Q. Are all shows on My5 TV free?
Yes, My5tv or Channel 5 is a free-to-air on-demand service broadcasted by Channel 5 Broadcasting Limited. All of the shows, news, documentaries etc offered on My5tv are free to watch, including those from their archive.
Stream multiple shows as many times as you like, on multiple devices as long as they’re available.
Q. Do I need to register to access My5tv?
Well, once you’ve downloaded the app you will be asked to register for or sign in to your existing My5 account when accessing the service on an Android device or Android TV.
But registering an account enables you to seamlessly stream any content.
Q. Is My5 Tv and Channel 5 the Same?
If you’re confused between the two names, no need to be. Both are the same. Say, when you are referring to My5 TV, you will automatically be redirected towards the Channel 5 web page for activation and other related sources.
Q. How can I install my5 on my smart tv?
You can install My5tv directly from the app store. Simply search for the MY5 channel name and click on the install button. Once the installation is completed, you can stream any content of your choice from there.
Q. My5tv isn’t working on my tv
If the My5tv app is not working on your TV, check your internet connection status since poor internet connectivity is mostly the common reason. Also, confirm if you have entered the correct channel 5 login code during the channel activation via my5.tv/activate.
Q. Which devices are compatible with My5tv?
My5 TV is available on the following devices and platforms:
- Android TVs
- Freeview TVs
- LG TVs
- Roku TVs
- Samsung Smart TVs (2013 or later versions)
- Sony Android Smart TVs (2016-2018 version only)
- Sony YouView TVs
- Apple TV
- NowTV & Roku
- Virgin Media Tivo
- Amazon Fire TV
- NowTV & Roku
- Android mobiles and tablets (Android 5.0 or above)
- iOS (Apple) mobiles and tablets (iOS 10 or above)
- PlayStation 4