For people with bad credit or even bankruptcy, the Milestone credit card is a good option as it doesn’t require a refundable security deposit. Also, the fee charged is lower than many other credit cards in the market. It is an unsecured credit card with a credit limit of $300. The card also doesn’t have any processing fee or monthly fee. Your monthly payments will be reported to the three major credit bureaus. This will help in improving your creditworthiness provided you do regular on-time payments. Thus, you can build a good payment record with this card and improve your credit score. And a good credit score will get you better rates on mortgages, loans, and other credits.
For getting a Milestone credit card, first, you need to get through the pre-qualification process. Once successful, you need to submit the online application. Here, we are covering everything from pre-qualify and online application submission to registration and My Milestone card activation.
Table of Contents
Requirements for Applying for the Milestone Card
Here are the requirements you must meet before getting through the pre-qualify process.
- Applicants must be of minimum 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid Social Security Number, physical address, and a US IP address.
- Must not have a Milestone Mastercard account that charged off due to delinquency.
- Meet additional credit qualification criteria viz. Identity verification requirements and review of your income and debt.
Get Pre-Qualified for My Milestone Card
The pre-qualification process for the Milestone credit card is a ‘soft’ credit inquiry and it doesn’t impact the credit score of the applicant. Here is the process for pre-qualification:
- Go to the pre-qualify page at https://www.milestonegoldcard.com/pre-qualify.
- Enter the details asked for viz. Name, address, email, phone number, date of birth, and Social Security Number.
- Click the ‘Pre-Qualify Now’ button.
- After submitting the form, you will receive an instant response. If you pre-qualify, you will see an offer to apply for the Milestone credit card. And, if you don’t pre-qualify, you may get some offers for a credit card from other banks.
If you have received the online application link, you need to complete the application process. The detailed process is mentioned below.
Submitting Online Application for the Milestone Credit Card
- Click on the link you have received after pre-qualification to access the online application form.
- Enter your details asked for such as personal information, SSN, monthly housing payment, and annual income.
- Re-check all the details carefully and submit the application form.
- If your application is approved, you will see a message mentioning that you will receive your Milestone credit card within 14 business days.
- And, if your application is denied, you will receive suggestions for other banks’ credit cards.
You will receive your Milestone credit card within 14 business days. If not so, report the same at Milestone’s lost’ stolen card department at (888) 260-4532. After you have received the card, it needs to be activated for which you must have registered at the online website. The card will not work till it’s activated.
Steps for MyMilestone Gold Card Registration
As mentioned above, registration is the first step for activating the card. So, complete the process before moving to the activation process.
- Go to the log-in page at milestone.myfinanceservice.com.
- Click on the ‘Register Your Account’ option on the log-in screen.
- Enter your card number, date of birth, and Social Security Number. Click the ‘Continue to Next Step’ button.
- Complete the registration process with all other details.
- After the registration is done, you will have your login ID and password.
Now, you can log in using the credentials and keep track of your card’s activities.
Steps to Activate MyMilestone Card Activation
Now that you have registered your account, lets’ move to the card activation. The activation process for the Milestone credit card can be done only through the online account.
- Go to the official website at www.mymilestonecard.com.
- Login to your account using the username and password.
- Look for the card activation link. Click it and complete the activation process.
After activation, the card is immediately available for use. The card must be activated within 14 business days from when it was approved. We suggest activating it as soon as you get it to enjoy the benefits.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who issues the Milestone Mastercard?
The Milestone card is issued by the Bank of Missouri, a FDIC-insured financial institution based in Saint Robert, MO.
What if I have forgotten the username or password for account login?
If you have forgotten the username or password for your account login, you can retrieve or reset the same from the official website. Follow the steps:
- Go to the login page and look for the ‘Forgot your Username or Password?’ option below the ‘LogIn’ button.
- Two options will appear to reset the password and to request the username.
- Provide the information accordingly. Details such as SSN, DoB, Last four digits of the card, email address are asked.
- Click the button to complete the process.
Is it necessary to get the pre-qualification done?
Yes. There is no way to apply for the Milestone credit card without pre-qualification.
Can I submit my Milestone credit card application through the mail?
No. The application form can be submitted online through the official website after the pre-qualification process. There is no option to apply by phone or by mail.
How can I check the status of my Milestone card application?
You can check the Milestone credit card application status by calling (866) 502-6439. This will lead you to an automated system which is available 24 by 7.
I have received an offer in the mail for the Milestone card. Do I need to go through pre-qualification?
No. If you have received a mail offer, just visit the credit card page and enter your ZIP code along with the code received in the mail.
Where can I use my Milestone credit card?
The Milestone credit card can be used in the U.S. where Mastercard is accepted.