If you’re a native of the United States, you very well know the popularity of Department credit cards that can be used at any Department store both online and offline.
So, what benefits do they bear? These credit cards allow you to buy things from a particular department store that you normally would not be able to get with a regular credit card.
Using a credit card, you may receive free amenities or rewards with the purchase of things online or from the department’s offline store.
So, activate your Macy’s card using macys.com/activate and go easy shopping with Macy’s credit cards than regular credit cards.
Table of Contents
Instructions to Activate Macy’s Card Activation at macys.com/activate
To avail of Macy’s exclusive offers, activate Macy’s Card at macys.com/activate, you will first need to activate the card. Here’s a compiled list of instructions below. Check them out:
- To get started with Macy’s card activation process, open a browser of your choice from your mobile, tablet or personal computer and navigate to the URL page macys.com/activate.
- Upon reaching the activation page, you’ll be asked to provide your personal information such as your Card Number, Name on Your Card, Security Code, and the last 4 digits of the SSN of the Primary Cardholder.
- Once you’ve provided the information correctly in the given fields, select the checkbox next to the option that reads Add this card to My Wallet…Checking this box enables you to add your Star Passes for convenient check out access online and in-store purchases instantly.
- After filling in the above information, tap on Verify. You’ll be now instantly directed to the next screen.
- Here, you’ll be prompted to follow the on-screen instructions to complete your Macy’s Credit Card activation process. Once you’re done, you can easily enjoy access using Macy’s credit.
So, following the steps above you can easily activate your Macy’s credit card via macys.com/activate.
However, there may be exceptional situations where you might face trouble activating your card.
To troubleshoot the issue, check out the instructions below to get Macy’s technical support:
- From a browser of your choice, navigate to Macy’s home page at https://www.macys.com/.
- Now, from the homepage, scroll down to the bottom of the page. Now locate to select the Customer Service option.
- Once you’ve located the Customer Service option, you’re now required to tap on Contact Us. This will take you to the next screen.
- Upon reaching the next screen a couple of different assistance options will be displayed on-screen to seek help for the particular query or concern you’re looking to solve.
- In the course of looking for assistance for your Macy’s Credit Card, you may now locate to click on the See All option under Macy’s Credit Card. Here you will find assistance for your concerned query through the different support options available.
Macy’s Credit Card: What do you need to know about the card?
Besides Macy’s department stores, the Macy’s credit card is a basic store-loyalty card that offers you a lot of surface appeal: Earn amazing rewards and discounts on countless products on clothing, accessories, home décor and much more to brighten your home and wardrobe.
So, with Macy’s credit card you are offered credit that you normally may not have qualified for. Unlock special discounts and promotions and save money on unlimited shopping.
Macy’s Credit Card: How does it work?
Powered by Citibank, you can now apply for the Macy’s card either online or in-person at its store.
All you need is to provide your personal information such as your name, contact and other details correctly.
If you’re frequent with Macy’s, you’d know that the Macy’s Credit Card can only be used at Macy’s or on their website.
There are two different Macy’s cards you can use. A closed-loop Macy’s card can only be used at Macy’s while an open-loop American Express card also called a reward card can be used anywhere where American Express is accepted.
Note that neither card comes with an annual fee. With the basic Macy’s Credit Card, you earn benefits designed to ignite your shopping spirit more frequently at Macy’s.
Macy’s Credit Card: Your Rewards and Benefits
Macy’s credit cards come with tiered reward rates, so rewards are tied to your spending at the retailer:
- Silver: Upon first opening a Macy’s credit card, you receive a silver status, which earns you 2% back on Macy’s purchases. So, you’re a silver category cardholder, if you’ve spent between $1 and $499 a year on the card.
- Gold: Spending between $500 and $1,199 earns cardholders a gold status, which earns you 3% back on Macy’s purchases.
- Platinum: Platinum, being the highest level earns 5% back on Macy’s purchases. To earn Platinum status, you must spend $1,200 or more annually at Macy’s.
Did you know what’s the best part about the Macy’s Credit Card?
It’s the introductory reward of 20% off (up to $100) on your purchase made within one day of activating your account.
Post your first account reward, you’ll receive benefits based on the status level you reach.
As a Silver level member, you’re qualified to get three “Star Passes” that include (25% off for a day), and earn several unspecified yet exclusive offers.
Spending $500-$1,199.99, and you’ll be within the Silver Level, with exclusive offers like three more Star Passes and free shipping.
If you spend $1,200, you can unlock the best rewards: 12 annual Star Passes, 5% back and everything included in the offer above.
Wondering if you can redeem these benefits without being a Macy’s cardholder?
Well, even if you don’t own a Macy’s credit card, you can still join the loyalty program as a “Bronze” member and earn 1% back in rewards.
Do you know your Security Code?
If you’re a frequent shopper at Macy’s, you should know that on applying for a Macy’s credit card, you’re granted access to a store account or an American Express card.
Note that the security code location will vary based on the credit card you receive.
All American Express cards have a four-digit security code on the front located right above the account number and right below Macy’s name.
A Macy’s credit card for retail usage comes with a three-digit security code. This code needs to be verified.
However, if you’re confused about these security codes, you can simply contact the retailer’s customer service support at (888) 257-6757 for assistance.
Macy’s Card Phone Number Activation
As per the Pacific and Eastern Time zones, Macy’s customer service hotline stays active from 9 am to 9 pm from Monday to Saturday. The hotline on Sundays opens at 11 am and closes at 8 pm.
If you need TDD/TTY assistance, dial the number (800) 281-0820 for assistance.
Are you residing outside the United States, Puerto Rico, or Canada and confused about Macy’s s activation process? Then simply call at (727)556-5758.
So, the best and the most convenient way to activate your Macy’s credit card is by visiting www.macys.com/activate.
Happy Shopping with Macy’s
Purchasing at Macy’s with your Macy’s credit card, you’ll be automatically eligible to receive free standard shipping without any minimum purchase requirement.
While most retailers offer both their proprietary and co-branded cards. Macy’s seems to be competing with its own card.
On one hand, it is offering the same rewards with its American Express partnership, as well as rewards for not having a card at all on the other.
So, whether you’re a regular shopper with Marcy’s credit card or you don’t have one, you can secure multiple benefits since the minimum level to receive the rewards is $1. So, what are you waiting for? Activate Macy’s at www.macys.com/activate using the instructions above and enjoy exclusive perks, birthday offers, savings passes and much more.