In these tough times of the Covid crisis, there’s one absolute truth that constantly sticks around us is the fact how viewing platforms have randomly transformed with the closure of theatres and movie halls. OTT or online streaming platforms at the moment is the newfound and only source of our entertainment.
Hulu being one of the leading subscription-based video streaming services is a Walt Disney owned initiative. You can watch over 60 different channels like ABC, ABC The CW, CBS, FOX, NBC, News live, regional sports networks from NBC and FOX.
So, Let’s say you’re engrossed in the middle of one of the enthralling Hulu original series or one of your must-watch shows and just as you are about to reach the climax, you see a black screen with a dialogue” Error playing this video. Error code: metadata 2-**CDD***’’
Ugggh!!! Hulu users, this is quite a relatable occurrence that you’ve probably encountered at one time or another and you must have regretted being a Hulu user. Isn’t it?
As a Hulu user, you can have a dreadful experience in the first place if you come across such errors since you may not know what it implies.
However, troubleshooting most Hulu error codes can be easy given that their service offers procedures to fix those. While some are challenging given, they could be the consequence of a system-based issue.
Unless you know the primary source of the problem, fixing it becomes challenging. Let’s get started with the guide to help you fix Hulu error codes with ease.
General & Popular error codes on Hulu: Quick troubleshooting tips
Poor internet connection, Corrupted files, outdated app or software, or hardware issues in your streaming device are some of the typical reasons causing error codes on Hulu. Let’s check out their quick fix:
Hulu API Token Error: 3 and 5
API token error 3 and 5 errors are usually software issues on Hulu that occurs if you’re an iPhone and iPad user. Generally encountered when trying to load up the application on the phone, and cannot access movies or TV shows.
Hulu API Token error 3 and 5: Quick Fix
- Delete the Hulu app and restart your device.
- Now go to the App Store and reinstall the application.
- Now Log in to your Hulu account and give it a try.
Is Hulu still not loading after the above fix? Often Hulu Error Code 3 is an update related issue. Consider updating the device software or contact the Hulu support team
Error Code P-EDU103
The Hulu P-EDU103 error appears when there’s a connectivity error with your home network. It occurs while trying to use Hulu to watch live TV from a non-residential or unorganized network.
Hulu service requires you to use your residential and WiFi network, unlike a mobile internet connection.
Error Code P-EDU103: Quick Fix
The error code P-EDU103 and other network-related issues on Hulu can be fixed in the following ways:
- Avoid connecting to a mobile network while using Hulu
- Avoid using a shared Wi-Fi network while connecting to Hulu
- Disable VPN and proxy if any.
You can also update your Home Network by:
- Logging in to your device (either mobile or computer) and go to the online account page
- Now move to the Privacy and Settings section and click on Set or Change Home.
Check if Hulu is down
Often problems with Hulu may not always come from your end but from Hulu’s. Let’s say, home network issues can occur because of fixing bugs in the network.
Hulu Down? Quick Fix
If you find Hulu is down note the following solutions to apply:
- Check its social media handles for any announcements on service outages.
- If there are too many Hulu outages, contact its support team for further assistance.
- You can also visit the Hulu community forum to find out and communicate if other users are experiencing the same.
- You can also use a Downdetector, to view a live outage and user complaints reported for the same.
Similar Post: How to Fix Hulu unable to load ads
Encountered a Playback error?
All major online streaming services frequently encounter unexpected error codes regularly. Unfortunately, thanks to unclear onscreen instructions, Hulu users have to put in some extra effort to fix them. One such is the playback error.
You will encounter a playback error on almost all supported streaming devices right when Hulu suddenly stops working.
A couple of reasons for Hulu playback failure include network, software, and hardware issues.
Hulu Playback error: Quick Fix
Most of the time the error occurs given internet connectivity. To check if or not the problem is on your end, follow these steps:
- Ensure that your internet connection meets the minimum streaming speed of 3.0Mbps
- Power cycle your streaming device. Unplug it from power and wait for some time to plug it back.
- Restart your networking equipment i.e., your router or change its DNS settings
- Ensure your streaming device is placed closer to the streaming device to offer better signals
- Delete and reinstall the Hulu app. This will additionally help clear Hulu cache
- Refresh the page or reload the video. Try using a different device or browser and check whether it fixes the Hulu connection issue
- Have you checked if your Hulu software is updated? If not immediately upgrade to its current version
Know that playback errors on Hulu are many that come with different error codes. For example: 5003,203,407 etc.
Error code runtime 2 and 5
Playback Failure Error, runtime -2 and 5 are playback failure errors that occur anytime while you are watching a movie, show or simply streaming on Hulu. It usually displays a Hulu error message with a unique id on the screen or suddenly when the Hulu app or web player fails, or the program crashes.
Error code runtime 2 and 5: Quick Fix
Let’s fix your runtime-2 and 5 code error on Hulu:
- Update your Hulu app and the software of your streaming device
- Using Hulu from a computer browser? try to clear the device or your browser cache. You can also close the browser and start afresh.
- Initiate a power cycle. Try uninstalling the Hulu app and reinstall it again
- Check to ensure that your computer, Smart TV, tablet, or smartphone meets the minimum system requirements.
Trouble Loading error on Hulu: Reasons and Quick Fix
Facing issues while loading the Hulu app or website? If yes, check out the steps below to fix the issue.
- It is important to login in with the correct credentials.
- If your login info is not the culprit, simply close the Hulu app and try opening it after some time.
- Initiate a power cycle on your router and streaming device. Wait for a few seconds and then power them back on.
- Check your internet connection status by placing it close to the device.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Hulu app. Ensure to clear all browser or app cache as well as data or cookies.
- Don’t forget to timely update your device software.
Understand that loading errors can also have a unique code. For example, P-DEV323 occurs on most iOS devices.
However, in case the above tips don’t help, it could probably be your poor internet connectivity. Consider a factory reset of your streaming medium or contact your internet service provider in extreme cases.
Hulu Error 504
Error 504 mostly indicates a Gateway error issue. When you wish to search for something but the server is too busy to handle the request. In other words, error 504 has nothing but an issue with your internet connectivity.
Hulu error 504: Quick Fix
Hulu Error Code 504 is one of the few errors you might encounter when using Hulu. Let’s see how to fix it?
- Reboot and reconnect your router
- Run a speed test to test your internet connection. You need at least 3.0Mbps to play HD videos.
- Connect your streaming device to the router and reopen the video. If your speed is below what Hulu recommends, upgrade your internet.
Hulu Error P-EDU125
If you are a Hulu user on your Apple TV. If there is a mix-up with your subscription plan, you can face this error.
Hulu error P- EDU1215 Quick Fix
To fix this, you need to update your payment information:
- Log in to your Hulu account and go to the Payment Information section.
- Under the Payment Method Section, click on Update Payment.
- Now choose your preferred payment method and enter your credit or debit card information.
- Click Save Changes to complete the process
If you use a third-party, such as iTunes:
- Open iTunes from your computer and
- Now Select Account from View My Account and sign in.
- Select Manage Payments under Payment Information
- Edit and set your preferred payment method. Click Done to save changes.
Hulu Error P-Dev 320
This issue indicates that your device is unable to communicate with the Hulu servers. This issue occurs when you’re streaming or watching Hulu on your digital media players, like a Roku or Xbox One.
Hulu Error P-DEV 320: Quick Fix
- You can alternatively try using a different device or internet connection.
- Delete the Hulu app to re-download it from the app store. Now log in again
- Check the internet speed of the device you’re using. Remember the minimum speed should be at least 6 Mbps for Hulu and 8 Mbps for Hulu with Live TV
- Disconnect your devices from the device you’re using. Wait for some time and then reconnect again.
- Now reset your Wireless device and update the Hulu app.
Note: You must Hulu’s social media handles to figure out whether Hulu is undergoing a system-wide problem.
Hulu HDCP error
HDCP or High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection is a protected content error. You will encounter this issue when there is a communication failure between the device or an outdated video source.
Hulu HDCP error: Quick Fix
You can fix the Hulu HDCP error easily following the steps below:
- Unplug the HDMI cable from your device and turn off the power source of your TV.
- Now, reconnect the HDMI cable to the TV and your streaming device.
- Now, power ON your TV and check if the HDCP error is rectified or not
Our goal < Solve Hulu code error
Unlike any other streaming device, when you encounter an error while watching a TV show or movie on Hulu, try to detect the source of the error first. Note every error has a corresponding code.
Be it Hulu live programs or while streaming a movie, be sure to connect from a recognized network, as Hulu does not recognize non-residential networks.
Though you can fix it by connecting to your home network, often issues that are beyond your means, such as a system-wide outage, we recommend you to get in touch with the Hulu Support team to receive further assistance.