The Hulu programs are massively popular. Owned by The Walt Disney Company, Hulu is a subscription video-on-demand service available to approximately 40 million American households. This speaks a volume about its popularity. Another important reason why more and more American households with a pay-television subscribe to Hulu plans to stream their favorite content is the availability of the Hulu app on various supported devices. Installing the app on your streaming platform (smart TV or digital media player device) and activating the same using the authorized web portal – hulu.com/activate – will do the job.
Hulu Supported Devices
After getting an active Hulu subscription, you may look forward to installing the Hulu app on one of its supported devices. Once you have a compatible streaming platform (check below), get the latest Hulu app on it, access the activation page, enter the unique code, and there you go! The available content as well as the Hulu features will vary based on your chosen plan and the version of the app on your device. Take a look at the supported models –
- Android TV
- Android phones and tablets
- Apple TV (4th gen or later)
- iPhones and iPads
- Samsung TV
- Fire Tablets
- Echo Show
- Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
- Fire Tablets
- LG TV
- Nintendo Switch
- Mac and PC browsers/ apps
- VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Xfinity X1 TV Boxes
- Xfinity Flex Streaming TV Box
If you have one of these devices at home, an active Hulu subscription, and a participating TV provider, you can access the hulu.com/activate page to complete the activation process.
How to Activate New Device and Stream Hulu Service?
Let’s take a quick look here to understand how to activate a new device using an activate code –
- After downloading the Hulu app on your device, launch it.
- Select the “Log In” option on the Welcome screen.
- You will need to choose the option that says “Activate on a computer”.
- An Activation Code will be presented to you on the next screen.
- It will take you to the Hulu activation page. Log in if prompted and go to hulu.com/activate or look for the section “Watch Hulu on Your Devices”.
- Here, you need to enter the unique activation code.
- Within 30 seconds, you should be logged in.
Every time a new device is activated, you will receive an email with the following information –
- When: The date and time the new device was activated.
- What: The type of device that you activated.
- Where: The city, state, or country where you activated the device.
If you don’t recognize any activated device, consider removing it immediately. (Read on to know later)
Simple Steps to Activate Hulu App on Roku using hulu.com/activate
Depending on your Hulu subscription plan, the content and features will vary. The best thing about getting a Hulu subscription is that the service is available on a myriad of devices, including Roku. Newer Roku models support the updated or latest Hulu app. The Hulu app is available on the following Roku devices such as – Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Roku 3 & 4, Roku Premiere and Premiere+, Roku Streaming Stick (model 3500X or later), Roku 2 (model 4210X), Roku Express and Express+, and 4k Roku TV. The firmware must be updated to version 8.1 or higher. At the same time, you must ensure that the latest Hulu app should be version 6.6.3 or higher.
Check the following steps to view Hulu content on Roku via hulu.com/activate.
- Turn on your Roku device and go to its Channel Store using the remote.
- Get the Hulu app and click on the +Add Channel.
- Launch the app once installed to receive a unique activation code on your TV screen.
- Take note of the code and head to hulu.com/activate using another device.
- Enter the code and click on the ACTIVATE button.
It will take less than 30 seconds to activate. You will be able to watch all your favorite content without any interruption.
The activation steps for other streaming devices will be more or less the same (with the slightest variations depending upon your device). You can check the new device on your Hulu account.
Similar Post: pandora.com/activate
How to Remove a Device from Your Hulu Account?
If you, at any point, wish to remove an unwanted device, you can do that with the help of the following steps.
- Access your Hulu account page.
- Under “Your Account”, access the section “Watch Hulu on Your Devices”.
- Click “Manage Devices”.
- Here, you will have the option to remove an unwanted device by clicking “Remove” next to the device that is no longer in use.
You may also like: