A rough estimate from the year 2020 to 2022 has witnessed the booming popularity of streaming services in the media and entertainment market.
According to the LA Times, the number of global subscribers crossed 1 billion for the first time in 2020.
These cutting-edge streaming services have improved the home entertainment experience due to their flexible subscription price and device flexibility.
But they often turn out to be heavy on your monthly expenses. Isn’t it?
So, if you’ve been enjoying Showtime for a while now, but want to cancel the subscription, keep reading. . .
Time for some ‘’Showtime’’ Business?
As a subsidiary of Paramount Media Networks and a flagship of its parent-subsidiary Premium Network Group Unit, Showtime Network Inc owns and operates Showtime Television services.
From original series and provocative documentaries to hit films, comedy, music, and hard-hitting sports, Showtime offers you more than you can imagine.
A glance at its sub-network versions will introduce you to Showtime On demand, Showtime Anytime, Showtime2, Showtime Case, Sho Extreme, Showomen, The Movie Channel Xtra, Flix etc.
To enjoy all of these, you can directly subscribe to Showtime at the most pocket-friendly rate of $10.99 per month, eligible for cancellation anytime.
The service comes with a 30-day Free Trial before you finally opt to pay for it.
Table of Contents
How to Cancel ‘Showtime in No Time’: Multiple Ways & Devices
Well, among its million subscribers, you might be one who’s enjoyed the best of Showtime in your free time.
But perhaps you aren’t very satisfied with what the service is currently offering, or maybe your favorite show has just ended and you don’t need the subscription anymore.
If that is the case, we’ve got everything to stop you from getting billed by Showtime in 2022. Let’s get started.
Cancel Showtime Subscription on Web and Mobile
You can cancel your subscription started directly through Showtime.com at any time.
However, your cancellation becomes effective only at the end of your subscription period.
You do not receive a refund and your subscription access continues for the remainder of your current subscription period.
To cancel your subscription directly via web, here’s what you need to do:
- Head to showtime.com using your computer or a mobile web browser.
- Now sign in to your Showtime account
- Next, using your profile icon in the upper right corner, navigate to Account Settings > Your Account
- Here, select ‘Cancel Your Subscription’ and follow the next on-screen instructions to complete the process.
You’re now successfully unsubscribed to Showtime.
To Cancel Showtime Subscription via iOS devices and Apple TV
You can cancel your Showtime subscription on your Apple devices (iOS) or Apple TV by disabling auto-renew via iTunes on your computer or mobile device. Let’s learn the details:
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:
- Tap Settings on the Home screen, and tap your name at the top of the screen
- Now tap on ‘Subscriptions‘
- Select Showtime from the list (Note: If you don’t see any active subscription in iTunes but you’re still being charged, check if you’re signed in with the correct Apple ID)
- Now disable/turn off Automatic Renewal to cancel the subscription.
Your Showtime subscription will expire at the end of the current billing cycle.
On your Mac or PC:
- Launch iTunes, and tap to Sign In with your Apple ID.
- Tap on your name, and select Account Info from the drop-down menu. Enter your password once again.
- Scroll down to the Settings section of the Account Information screen.
- To the right of Subscriptions, click Manage and then select Showtime from the displayed options. (Note: Once again, if you don’t see any active subscription in iTunes but you’re still being charged, check if you’re signed in with the correct Apple ID.)
- Turn off/Disable Automatic Renewal to cancel an active Showtime subscription.
Your Showtime subscription will expire at the end of the current billing cycle. To know about managing your subscription through iTunes, visit Apple’s support site.
How to Cancel Showtime Subscription on Android Mobile and TV
Showtime or any other subscriptions on Google Play renew automatically. You can, however, cancel your Showtime subscription by simply turning off/disabling auto-renewal.
To cancel Showtime on the Android device(s)
- Accessing your Android device, launch the Google Play Store app
- Click the menu you see on the top right
- Find the Payment & subscriptions section and select Subscriptions
- Now tap on Showtime subscription
- Finally select Cancel subscription to confirm the action. Also, follow the next instructions on your screen to cancel the service (If any).
For more information on how to turn off auto-renewal, visit Google’s Subscriptions on Google Play help article. Also note, that your subscription will remain active even after turning off auto-renewal until the end date listed at https://play.google.com/store/account/subscriptions.
Cancel Showtime Subscription on Roku
You can cancel your active Showtime Subscription on Roku in two ways. First, directly from the Roku website and second, using your Roku device.
On Roku device
- Navigate to Showtime using your Roku remote control and press the asterisk (*) button
- A popup window will appear on-screen. Select Manage Subscriptions
- Next, select Cancel Subscription and Confirm your action
- Next, select Manage Subscriptions
- Finally, choose Cancel Subscription and confirm the action.
On Roku Website
However, if you don’t see the Manage Subscriptions on the list, we have an alternative workaround to help you cancel the Showtime subscription. This is through the Roku website.
- From the browser of your choice visit Roku’s official website.
- Now Sign in to your Showtime account
- Choose an avatar icon on the top-right window and then tap on My account
- Select Manage Your Subscriptions
- A list of your active subscriptions will be displayed
- Find Showtime and tap on Cancel Subscription
Similar Post: How to Cancel Starz Channel Subscription
To Cancel Showtime Subscription on Amazon Kindle Fire, Fire Tablet and Fire TV devices
You can cancel your Showtime subscription by turning off or disabling auto-renewal from the Amazon website, the Amazon Appstore or your Kindle Fire Tablet. Let’s learn them in detail:
On the Amazon website:
- Visit www.amazon.com and search for Your Account menu on the upper right-hand side.
- Now hover your mouse over the ‘Your Account’ menu. Once the menu displays, find the bottom for ‘Your Android Apps and Devices’ and tap on it. (You may be asked to sign in with your Amazon.com credentials if you aren’t already signed in).
- On the ‘Your Apps and Devices’ page, find and tap on ‘Your Subscriptions’ in the left-hand menu.
- Finally, select your active Showtime subscription and confirm the action with a tap on ‘Cancel Subscription’.
On Amazon Fire Tablets:
- Click on ‘Apps’> ‘Store’.
- Launch the menu, and then tap on ‘Subscriptions’.
- Select your active Showtime subscription and click ‘Cancel Subscription’.
On the Amazon Appstore:
- Launch the menu, and then tap on ‘Subscriptions’.
- Now select your current Showtime subscription and then click on ‘Cancel Subscription’.
For more information on how to turn off/ disable auto-renewal, visit Amazon’s Manage Your Subscriptions help article.
In this case, also, your subscription will remain active even after turning off / disabling auto-renewal until the end date listed under ‘Manage Subscriptions’.
There are some cons to streaming movies at home versus seeing them in a theatre setting, but overall, streaming services now serve as the forefront of media and entertainment.
Showtime is one such popular streaming network offering a bunch of movies, TV series and much more for $10.99 a month. But if you wish to cancel your current subscription temporarily or permanently follow this guide and you’re good to go.
Found the post helpful? Don’t forget to give us your feedback in the comments section.
Also Read: How to Cancel Paramount Plus Subscription
Frequently Asked Questions- FAQs
Still, have a few queries on how to cancel Showtime subscription on multiple devices? Check out these solved FAQs.
Q. Is Showtime streaming service and Showtime Anytime the same?
Both the Showtime streaming service and Showtime Anytime offer original series, hit movies, live TV, sports and more, in the United States and its territories.
While Showtime Anytime is an app available at no additional cost as a part of a Showtime subscription through participating TV providers, anyone with a high-speed internet connection and a compatible device can access it.
Unlike Showtime Anytime, you don’t need a traditional Showtime subscription through a participating TV provider to subscribe to the service.
Q. How to cancel a subscription that started directly via Showtime.com?
To cancel Showtime directly subscribed through Showtime.com:
- Visit Showtime.com from your PC or a mobile web browser to sign in
- Tap the profile icon in the upper right corner to move to Account Settings > Your Account
- Select Cancel Your Subscription and follow the screen instructions if any.
Your cancellation will become effective at the end of your subscription period but you don’t get any refund. In any case, your subscription access will continue for the remainder of your current subscription period.
Q. Can I cancel Showtime at any time?
Yes, Amazon does not have any limitations on when you can cancel your Prime Video subscription. Therefore, you can cancel a subscription on the same day you subscribed.
Q. Am I eligible for a refund from Showtime upon cancelling my subscription?
Q. Which devices support the Showtime streaming service?
Showtime can be streamed on multiple devices. To know in detail, check out the following below.
- TV & Streaming Devices
Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick, Android TV (LeEco TV, NVIDIA SHIELD, SONY BRAVIA, Hisense TV and Xiaomi MiBox), APPLE TV (3rd generation +), CHROMECAST, COX CONTOUR STREAM PLAYER, FACEBOOK, Portal TV, LG SMART TV (with webOS), PLAYSTATION 4 & 5, ROKU Streaming Device (2nd generation +), ROKU TV, SAMSUNG SMART TV, XBOX ONE / XBOX SERIES X|S and XFINITY FLEX.
- Mobile Devices
ANDROID Phones and tablets (Android 7.0+)
iOS (iPhone 4S or higher (iOS 13.0+), iPod Touch 5 or higher (iOS 13.0+), iPad 2 or higher (iOS 13.0+) and iPad Mini (iOS 13.0+)
WINDOWS: Windows 10 or later and MAC: MAC OSX 10.10 or later
- VR Devices
Oculus Go and Oculus Quest
Q. Does Amazon Prime stream Showtime for free?
As of now, SHOWTIME is not free with Amazon Prime. It is available as a third-party paid subscription only. However, there is a 7-day free trial for all eligible members who are new to Showtime and haven’t opted for the trial before.
Q. What happens to my Showtime once I cancel my Amazon Prime membership?
Upon cancelling your Amazon Prime membership, you will continue enjoying Showtime content. But you cannot access any Amazon Prime video.
Q. How much does Showtime cost monthly?
Showtime’s price varies depending on your TV provider. For example, while on DirecTV, the channel costs $13.99 per month, Spectrum users get it as part of their package at no additional cost (inclusive of their Spectrum plan).
On Amazon Prime Video, Showtime comes as an add-on channel for $10.99 monthly. However, you also get a 7-day free trial during your first purchase.
Q. How do I contact Showtime Customer Care?
The Showtime Help Center has all answers to your additional queries and problems. You may also launch their automated chatbot by clicking on the ‘Need Help?’ button.
All you have to do is type in your question and the chatbot will provide you with an immediate answer.
If the chatbot’s answer isn’t satisfactory, press “No” to connect with a customer support agent during regular hours of operation 8 AM – 2 AM ET 7 days per week.You can however reach out to the Showtime customer care support at (877)474-6984).