If you are a smartphone user, Google Photos is surely not new to you. It is one of the important apps that every smartphone user would look forward to. Moreover, it is the ultimate platform where all your images, photos, and videos can be found well-organized automatically. That’s quite impressive. And what more impressive is that you can access them right on the TV screen via your Roku device. Yes, you read that right. In this guide, we will discuss how to get Google Photos on Roku and view photos and videos on the big screen.
To access Google Photos on Roku, you will have to use your Google account. Let’s learn the complete process to see the images and videos on Roku in high-definition.
Table of Contents
What Is the Procedure to View Google Photos on Roku?
If you are looking for Google Photos on Roku, there’s no official Google Photo app available in the Roku Store. This means you cannot download the app on the streaming device. So, you have to trust the alternate ways to start streaming or viewing Google Photos on Roku. That’s what we are going to tell you in this guide.
Screen Mirroring Google Photos on Roku
The screen mirror option comes in handy on many occasions. This is no exception. You must consider screencasting or screen mirroring to view the mobile content on your Roku media player. While doing so, you must keep in mind that you won’t be able to sync the photos or videos directly on Roku.
Let’s get started with the steps below and learn how to screen mirror Google Photos on the most popular streaming device in the US.
- Start the screen mirror procedure by connecting your smartphone (Android) to the streaming device on the same home network. Also, ensure that your Internet speed is just great as you wouldn’t like to experience any issues during the process.
- Once both the devices have the same Wi-Fi network, go for the app installation step.
- Install Google Photos on your device if it isn’t installed already.
- Click on the “Settings” option on your phone and select the option that says “Connection and Sharing”.
- It will bring you the “Cast” button. Click on it to enable the cast option.
- As soon as you click on it, your device will start searching for available streaming devices nearby.
- Since you are standing close to your Roku streaming device, it wouldn’t be a challenge to find it in the available list of devices.
- Choose the device from the search results; it will connect.
- As soon as it does, the mobile screen will start displaying or casting on your Roku-connected TV screen.
- You can now browse through the apps, open the Google Photos app, and start viewing on the TV screen.
The screen mirroring option is gaining popularity these days. If you have already done it before for some other apps, it should be easier for you. Even if this is new to you, stick to the steps and follow them exactly to accomplish the task.
Similar Post: Discovery Plus on Roku
How to Add Google Photos on Roku from Windows?
Windows users can follow the steps mentioned below to start streaming Google Photos on Roku.
- You need to make sure both your Roku device and Windows computer must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On your computer, launch your favorite web browser.
- Visit photos.google.com and on your Roku device, you need to enable the screen mirroring option.
- On the bottom right corner, you will see the notification icon.
- You need to click on the “Connect” option. When you click on the option, you will be able to see the device on the screen.
- Since you are close to your Roku streaming device, the Roku device will appear in the search results.
- Select your device and open the app on your computer.
- The computer screen will start displaying or casting on your Roku-connected TV screen.
If you stick to the steps and follow them correctly, you should start viewing your photos and videos on Roku.
Related Article: DIRECTV on Roku Players