GAC also known as Great American Country, is a popular American cable TV network that runs under the banner of Discovery, Inc. Initially the channel was introduced as a music channel majorly focus on country music. Meanwhile, with time, it expanded being the most popular lifestyle programming associated with the American Heartland and Scripps Networks Interactive channels. At present, the GAC channel is currently available for more than 51% of pay-TV users that support the channel. However, there are several streaming devices that support running the GAC channel, but a majority of Roku users are wondering to add GAC Channel on Roku.
If you too are interested to know how to watch the GAC channel on Roku, then read this blog to learn the complete activation process. Readout this blog for easy installation and activation.
Table of Contents
Learn to Watch GAC Channel on Roku
Given below are the steps that will allow you to watch GAC channel on Roku with the OTT platforms with an active subscription.
NOTE: The following OTT platforms are eligible – Philo, Sling, Hulu with Live TV, or FuboTV. Here we have mentioned the proven steps on how to add and access the GAC channel on Roku via the Philo platform.
Stay tuned with this guide!
- Press the Home button on your Roku device remote.
- To open the home screen and then use the cursor and scroll down to reach the Streaming Channels section.
- From the option, you will land on the Roku Channel Store.
- Select Streaming channels and then browse for the GAC channel on your Roku device.
- Download the GAC channel app on Roku and then proceed further.
- In the next step, simply browse via the Roku Channel Store apps list.
- From here, browse for the Philo app next. You can also get the app from the Movies & TV section, where you need to select Updated > Cable Alternative > Recommended.
- You can use the Search button to locate the Philo app.
- Simply, type Philo in the search field and then hit on the search icon. This will lead to the display of the search result on your TV screen.
- From the obtained result, choose to select the Philo app to navigate its preview page.
- Press Add Channel button from the Philo preview page.
- Follow the on-screen directions to install the OTT app on your Roku device.
- Return to the Roku home screen and tap on the Philo app to log in.
- If you have a Philo subscription, then complete the login procedure on time.
- Or else, you can create the Philo app by clicking on the “Creating a Philo Account” option.
- With this, you will receive an activation code that you need to enter on the suggested web page.
- At last, stick to the prompted instructions to complete the activation procedure.
Similar Post: iON Television on Roku?
Major Steps to Follow For Creating a Philo Account
To create your Philo account:
- Turn on your web browser to navigate the homepage of Philo.
- Simply, enter the URL – https://www.philo.com/.
- Next, click the Sign In option present in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Now, tap the option – Sign up for Philo.
- And you will land on the main page, where you will see two options.
- The options are – Start a free trial or I have a redemption code.
- Choose Start free trial option, and select one of the given subscription plans.
- Enter your payment details and click Subscribe.
- If you have a code, then select “I have a redemption code” follow the on-screen prompts.
So, these are the easiest steps to activate the GAC channel on your Roku device with the help of the Philo application.
Another Ways to Watch Great American Country on Roku Device
Great American Country is a television network that shows current and classic country music videos as well as original programming featuring country lifestyle and entertainment. The channel is easy to access for the cable TV subscribers such as:
- Sling TV
- Fubo TV
- Hulu + Live TV
Once you select one of these services and add it to your streaming device such as Roku, nothing will stop you from streaming the GAC channel on your device.
You can follow the exact steps (as guided above) for other OTT platforms like Fubo tv, Sling TV, and Hulu + Live TV.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) –
Q. What is GAC?
GAC stands for Great American Country channel is a pay-TV channel in the United States known to broadcast lifestyle programming and music video content. To access the channel, you need to first subscribe to the OTT platforms like Fubo, Sling, and Philo and access the TV network with ease.
Q. What are the major devices that stream the channel with ease?
Although the channel is compatible to run off several streaming devices like Amazon Fire TV and Apple TV. Meanwhile, most of the channel users love to watch the network shows on their Roku device and Roku TV. Hence, if you too are interested to add the GAC channel on your Roku device then follow the above-given steps.
Q. How do I install GAC on Roku?
Follow the on-screen steps:
- Make your Roku device internet-connected.
- Go to Streaming Channels and then use the Search Channels.
- Enter “GAC” in the search tab and click “OK”.
Select the “Add to Channel” button and install the channel on your Roku device.