If gaming is what you’re crazy about, then Twitcher is the gamer’s paradise. With over 15 million active users and 2 million broadcasters. twitcher currently stands as the largest live streaming platform for all gamers on the Internet.
Whether you want to be a streamer or simply enjoy watching live content over the internet, Twitch is primarily designed to give you a seamless experience for both.
But when beating your schedules becomes difficult, downloading or saving a video to watch offline makes more sense.
Whatever the reason may be, with Twitcher you don’t have to always follow live streaming.
That’s because you can download all of your videos as well as those created by other gamers on the platform using several ways.
These fall into two major categories -those using in-built Twitch tools and those requiring an external tool.
While the first category is applicable exclusively on Video-On-Demand, the second category can download almost any clip.
With that, we’ll introduce you to 6 distinct ways to download Twitch videos for watching online.
Table of Contents
Download Twitch videos to watch them offline
#1. Via in-built Twitch Downloader
If you’ve been lately using Twitch or are a newbie to the platform you should know that after every stream, Twitch videos are saved on the platform. This makes it accessible to both streamers and viewers later. However, VODs usually expire after a period.
Note: For streamers with regular accounts, Twitch VOD expires in 14 days.
However, those with a Twitch Partner account will enjoy VODs for about 60 days.
Finally, Twitch affiliates with a Twitch Affiliate account can access their VODs for approximately 14-60 days.
Try these steps to download and store your videos off-line so that you don’t get frustrated when your videos are automatically deleted from Twitch servers
- Get started by Logging in to your Twitch account
- Now navigate straight to the dropdown menu on the top right side, next to your profile name and pic, and tap on Settings
- Choose the Channel and Videos option from the settings menu
- Scrolling down the Channel Settings, look for the Automatically Archive my broadcasts option. This option enables all videos on your channel to be saved as VODs.
- Now go back to the menu to select Video Producer
- Choose Past Broadcast from the dropdown on the page let the videos populate
- Once available, select Download under thumbnails for each video you want to download and you’re done.
Following this, you’ll download videos from your channel. To download another streamer’s video, you must follow any of the following methods.
#2. Via Twitch Leecher
A third-party app that allows you to save videos from Twitch for offline watching is Twitch Leecher. With a simpler and user-friendly interface, the app is safe to use.
To download videos, using Twitch Leecher, follow these quick steps.
- From your PC navigate to Twitch Leecher on Github
- Scrolling down to assets, select a compatible installer. A x86 will be applicable if you have a 32-bit PC and a x64 installer will be applicable if you have a 64-bit PC.
- Wait for the installer to complete, and then double click to install the app and launch it
- Next following the installation wizard, the open Twitch Leecher and click Search
- From the bottom of the screen, select New Search
- Now using a browser of your choice, open Twitch, and select your preferred videos. To do this, click Videos when you are on a Twitch streamer’s channel.
- Right-click on a VOD of your choice to download and select the copy link address. Depending on the browser you use, the option will be a Copy link or Copy link location.
- Next, navigate to Twitch Leecher and paste the URL into the Search field
- Tap the Download button available right next to the video you want to download
- You can also change the video resolution or choose a preferred storage location before clicking on Download.
Twitch Leecher makes the downloading process easy as the software is frequently updated without any lag.
Similar Post: Best Chrome Extensions for Twitch TV
#3 Via 4K Video Download to Download Twitch streams
If you hate the idea of downloading any additional or third-party software to your computer, especially if you’re a Mac user, you’d prefer to use online video downloaders that support Twitch.
4K Video Downloader is a light software for downloading videos for offline watching.
Unlike Twitch Leecher, this software isn’t restricted to Twitch only. It also supports Mac, Windows, and Ubuntu.
Let’s check out how to download videos using 4K Video Downloader:
- From this page download the 4K Video Downloader, double click to install it on your pc or computer.
- Now launch your browser to select any live stream on Twitch
- Copy the stream’s URL in the address bar or you can also right-click on any stream to copy its link
- Launch the 4K Video Downloader and paste the URL in the search box on top
- Watch the video URL being analysed by the program
- Now click the Download button once the URL has been analysed
Note if the video is too long or if you just want to download a specific segment of a video, simply tap on the Stop button at any point. Once downloaded on your hard drive, you can watch it anytime at your convenience.
#4 Via Clip Video Downloader
Want to download high-quality videos from Twitch faster? ClipDown is all you need. It can download 4K and 8K videos from your favorite channels right to your PC or Mac.
The software allows you to download videos and convert them into your preferred format. A couple of available formats include MP3, MP4, MKV, WAV, and AVI.
So, let’s get started to download a video from Twitch using the ClipDown video downloader:
- Follow the installation wizard to install the ClipDown video downloader on your PC or Mac.
- Launch Twitch on your browser and tap on the video you wish to download
- Next, copy the video URL and open ClipDown to paste the URL
- Now choose your preferred output quality and select the folder or drive where you want to save the video
- Finally, click Download to save the video on your PC or Mac
#5. Via UnTwitch
Did you know that you can convert your downloaded videos to MP3 seamlessly? Yes, UnTwitch enables you to do that. It is yet another popularly online Twitch video downloader with which you will be able to download an hour-long or even higher clips quickly without any trouble.
The best thing about this tool is that you can even adjust the beginning and the ending time before downloading.
So, let’s get started to download Twitch videos using UnTwitch:
- First copy-paste the Twitch video URL you wish to download in the input box.
- UnTwitch will process the link, making it ready for you to download in the next step.
- Now select the video format along with its start and end time.
- Finally, download the Twitch video and save it to your device to stream it offline.
Note: If the video is more than an hour-long (let’s say about 5 hours), then UnTwitch will split the video automatically into multiple parts and you may continue to download it.
A maximum of 302 segments is allowed in each download. However, you may adjust the segments or time count and even drag the 1-hour range too as per your suitability.
Also Read: Activate Twitch TV on Roku
#6. Via clipNinja
Exclusively developed for downloading Twitch clips, Clip Ninja features a clean and user-friendly interface with a clear instruction manual. Fast, free, and easy to use, you can download unlimited videos. The software is free of popups or malware.
All you need is a Twitch video link, and you can extract and download the video with ease. One of the best features of this software is that you can even convert the video file to MP3 and download the audio separately. For instance, a 30-second video will take about 5-10 seconds to convert into MP3.
Having said so, let’s learn to download Twitch videos via Clip Ninja
- All you need to do first is copy-paste the Twitch video URL you want to download in the input box.
- Upon clicking on the submit button, the platform will process the link, making it ready for you to download in the next step.
- Finally, download the Twitch video and save it to your PC to watch your favourite content offline.
You shouldn’t let your Twitch VODs go to waste
Over the past decade or so, online streaming has become extensively popular. The first occurrence of live streaming video games took place in 2001 with the creation of shoutcasting station WSBN. However, it wasn’t until the mid-2010s that it caught on, partly given the technological upsurge, and partly due to the invention of video game streaming platforms such as Twitch.
Ever since online video game streaming services have taken a different ride altogether. Besides, the advent of digital technology and the internet have together made video games more accessible and a lot easier both locally and globally
Yes, long gone are the days when multiplayer gaming and online streaming involved a complicated setup. With automatic in-built features and multiple consoles today you can stream games you want to play digitally.
Today Twitch being the largest live streaming platform on the Internet is an endless source of gaming videos. Thanks to the availability of thousands of different games, it’s pretty easy to see varying styles of play or approaches to a game you’re currently playing on Twitch.
You’ll not just play, but can even download videos easily from Twitch.
All you have to do is copy and paste the video’s URL using any of the above software on your computer and you’re good to access your favorite gaming clips, while offline.
So, whether you own a Mac or a Windows PC, enjoy downloading your favourite videos from Twitch using any of the above methods you like to use the most?
If you found this post helpful don’t forget to share these tips within your network and share your valuable feedback with us.
Related Post: Best 10 Websites to Watch Korean Drama
Downloading Twitch videos can be challenging. So, you might have gathered a couple of queries in your mind. Below are a few frequently asked questions we’ve tried to help you out:
Q. How do I download other People’s Twitch Videos?
Every gamer has their idol gamers, basically to study or simply admire the skills of a couple of best gamers on Twitch. While you want to download these videos, Twitch doesn’t offer a Download option for videos produced by users other than yourself.
So, you can easily overcome this hindrance by installing software that allows you to download videos from Twitch. This way you can take inspiration from your favourite gamers.
Q. How do I download Twitch VODs Faster?
The only best way to download Twitch VODs is via the Twitch website. The only prerequisite required for this is a stable internet connection and enough space on your device to store the previous broadcasts.
Your internet speed is the primary limiting factor for fast downloading.
Q. How do I download Twitch VODs as an Editor?
Whatever you intend to do with Twitch VODs, you can download them in the same way. First, enable the automatic download feature on the Twitch website. Then you can download previous broadcasts directly from the website.
Twitch streamers usually edit their VODs before uploading them on YouTube or any other video streaming platform. You can either opt to edit your videos using multiple apps and programs or directly on YouTube itself.
Q. How do I download Twitch VODs on an iPhone?
Saving Twitch videos on your phone can be slightly more complicated. While VODs can be directly downloaded from the Twitch website on your computer, you need a third-party app to do this on your phone.
If you’re an iPhone user, download a free media player app- VLC using the steps below:
- Visit the Twitch website from your iPhone and go to the ‘aA’ in the upper-right corner.
- Select “Desktop site” from the drop-down list.
- Click on your username in the upper-right corner of your screen and select Video Producer.
- Now navigate to your past broadcasts and look for the VOD you’d like to download.
- Copy the Video link and open the VLC app.
- Tapping on the Network icon in the lower-right corner of the screen, proceed to “Downloads.”
- Now paste the link into the address bar at the top of the screen and tap the “Download” button. You’re all good to watch Twitch videos on your iPhone.
Q. Can I edit and upload other people’s streams?
This is the most challenging part of the discussion. We however recommend that you should always ask the streamer’s permission before downloading anything.
You must also ask if you wish to upload the videos (perhaps if you’re a Mod and wish to manage a YouTube channel). Refrain from downloading any person’s content without their prior knowledge and consent.
Q. Are all the Six software to download Twitch videos free?
Yes, all of the six best software to download Twitch videos are free. However, note each software comes with its pros and cons depending on your need and requirement for downloading them.