Although relatively new on Roku, Discovery Plus (+) ensures that you never run short of amazing content to stream. Discovery + is certainly streaming on the most sought-after streaming platforms in the United States. The streaming service broadcasts the best in real-life entertainment. Why not get Discovery Plus on Roku and get access to more than 55,000 episodes of fantastic shows from the Discovery family of networks, including Food Network, HGTV, Discovery Channel, ID, TLC, Travel Channel, OWN, and Animal Planet.
Table of Contents
How to Get Discovery plus on Roku?
Check out the steps below and add Discovery + on Roku.
- Begin the activation process by navigating to the home screen. You can use the Roku remote by pressing the Home button.
- Click on the Search button and go to Roku Channel Store.
- In the Search box, type the name of the app using the virtual keyboard.
- Upon seeing Discovery Plus, you need to highlight the app.
- Click the “Add channel” button to add the button to your Roku device.
- Once the app is added to the device, you can now launch it to open the same.
- If prompted, you need to sign in with your Discovery Plus account credentials – username and password.
- There you go! All the Discovery+ content is available right at your disposal. Choose the one that you want to watch and press the Play button.
You are all set to enjoy Discovery Plus on Roku. This is one method that you can try to stream the service on your digital media player. If you didn’t find this working for you, here’s another way to access the Discovery + content on Roku.
How to Screen Mirror Discovery + on Roku?
Also called cast screen, you can get hold of this alternate way to enjoy everything Discovery Plus has to offer. This is a great way to enjoy the videos when your Roku runs short of storage. You can screen mirror the programs via smartphone and PC. Let’s take a look –
- Got an Android phone? Great! You can screen mirror by downloading and installing the Discovery Plus app from the Play Store.
- Unlock your device if it’s locked and access the Play Store from the home screen.
- Go to the search box and type Discovery Plus.
- You will see the app on the screen. Tap on the “Install” button to get it on your phone.
- Once the app is installed, you can launch the same by tapping on it.
- It will prompt you to log in. To do that, you must remit the sign-in details – username and password.
- Swipe the screen and go to the notification panel. Here, you get to choose the “Cast” menu. (You will also see other options like Reading Mode, Zen Mode, Hotspot, and Screen Recorder.)
- When you tap the “Cast” option, it will get you the list of available devices.
- Select the Roku device and you are good to go.
Related Blog: DirecTV on Roku
Screen Mirror Discovery Plus through PC
If you have a PC, we have got the steps for you. Take a look and start screen mirroring what you love.
- Open your computer and launch your favorite web browser.
- In the URL bar, type discoveryplus.com and press the “Enter” key.
- You will be on the home page of Discovery+.
- Look for the sign-in option. It should be located in the top-right corner.
- Click on the “Sign In” option and enter credentials – username and password.
- Now, press the “Windows + P” keys on your computer keyboard.
- You will have options like Duplicate, Extend, PC Screen Only, Second Screen Only, and Connect to a Wireless Display.
- Choose “Connect to a wireless display”.
- From the connect tab, you need to select your Roku device.
- It will help stream the mirrored content.
- You are ready to stream the Discovery+ content on your Roku device.
Hope the above-furnished information helps you access the video on your Roku device.
What Popular Content Can You Stream on Roku?
As discussed above, Discovery+ boasts a massive library. It contains both factual and lifestyle content. Above all, you can stream content from other networks of Discovery family such as Food Network, Investigation Discovery, OWN, Animal Planet, HGTV, Discovery Channel, TLC, DIY Network, Science Channel, and Travel Channel. Some of the popular shows that you can watch include Extreme Everest, Mysterious Planet, UFO Witness, Ghost Adventures: Cecil Hotel, and Fixer Upper: Welcome Home.