After OTT, CTV is yet another new experience for all consumers across the world. Wherever your location may be, this is a brand-new experience altogether for consumers to watch TV via multiple screens.
Broadcasting since 1961, Canada’s most-watched television network CTV is one of the oldest and private broadcasting networks.
With many specialty channels, it offers top content, ranging from news programs to top entertaining TV shows.
Additionally, it owns a vast library of episodic videos and iconic shows that push boundaries and embrace pop culture.
But before accessing to watch Canadian TV, you first need to activate the service on your device via ctv.ca/activate.
Table of Contents
Activate CTV App on Different TV Streaming Devices
To watch CTV’s exclusive content, you need a television subscription. To simply put it, you must sign up for a participating TV provider to activate CTV on your device.
Already have an account with cable service? All you need to do is simply download the CTV application on your Smart TV and complete the activation process.
Compatible on numerous TV devices with Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Apple TV, let’s begin the activation process.
Activate CTV Network on Roku at ctv.ca/activate
You might have noticed that CTV is unavailable on your Roku channel list. That’s because the CTV application is unavailable on Roku.
Are you a Roku user and wondering how to stream CTV on your device? Check out the steps below to activate CTV on Roku:
- To get started with CTV activation on Roku, Press the Home button from your Roku remote.
- Now select Streaming Channels to open the Roku channel store and type to search for CTV News.
- Next, select Add Channel to install the CTV channel on your Roku device.
- Now enter your Roku account PIN if prompted. Once the channel is installed, it will appear on your home screen.
- Now launch the CTV News channel and tap on the Sign In button.
- On doing so, you’ll receive a unique activation code on-screen.
- Now from a device of your choice (mobile, laptop or computer) visit ctv.ca/activate on a web or mobile browser.
- All you need to do now is sign in through your BDU provider or select your TV service provider.
- Now simply enter the activation code displayed on the channel app.
- Once you’re done, you’ll receive a Success message displayed on screen.
- You have finally activated the channel. Now Go back to your Roku device and click the CTV channel on your channel list.
You can now enjoy your favourite CTV content on your Roku device.
CTV Activation on Fire TV or Fire Stick via ctv.ca/activate
Wondering if you can stream CTV content right on your Amazon Fire TV?
Get the CTV app on your Amazon Fire TV device and watch exclusive shows, movies, from CTV’s wide channel list-CTV Life Channel, CTV Throwback, CTV Movies and much more.
Quickly follow the steps below to activate the channel on your Amazon Fire TV:
- To get started with your Amazon Fire TV activation, first type to search the CTV News using the main menu on your Amazon Fire TV.
- Now, once you’ve located the CTV app, select it.
- Now tap on Get and start the downloading process.
- Once the app is downloaded and installed, open the CTV App on your Fire Stick.
- Now select to Sign-in in the Account Management section.
- A unique activation code is displayed on-screen. Remember to Note down or copy the activation code.
- Now from a device of your choice (mobile, Laptop or computer) visit ctv.ca/activate via your browser.
- All you need to do now is Sign in with your TV provider credentials and enter the activation code as displayed on the channel app.
- You’re finally done activating your Amazon Fire TV. A Success message will now be displayed on-screen.
You can now enjoy your favourite CTV content on your Amazon Fire TV device.
Similar Post: How to Activate Vice TV on Roku, Apple TV and Fire TV
Guide to CTV Activation on Android TV via ctv.ca/activate
Android TV is another popular streaming platform after Roku and Amazon Fire TV.
Get the CTV app on your Android TV device and watch exclusive shows, movies, and a wide channel list ranging from CTV News to CTV Comedy Channel, CTV Drama, CTV Sci-fi etc.
To get started with the Android TV activation process, navigate to Apps from your Android TV Home screen.
- Now, select the Google Play Store app and type to browse the CTV channel app.
- Now, set your Google Play Store to the Canadian store in order to locate CTV. Once located, select the Canadian Store app.
- Now, select install and wait until the installation is completed.
- Once the CTV app is installed, open it on your Android TV.
- Next, choose to sign in in the Account Management section. An activation code will be displayed on-screen.
- Now, from a device of your choice (mobile, laptop or personal computer) visit ctv.ca/activate through a browser.
- Next, sign in through your BDU provider or choose your TV service provider.
- Now enter the activation code displayed on the channel app.
- You’ll now receive a Success message on-screen entering the correct credentials.
Your Android TV has successfully activated CTV. You can now enjoy and watch the best of the CTV application live.
Also Read: wowpresentsplus.com/activate
Activate CTV App on Apple TV
Besides, the Android TV CTV application is also available on iOS devices. So if you own an Apple TV, you can easily stream CTV channels like MTV, Much, E!, Discovery, Animal Planet, ID, and much more anytime, anywhere.
But, to enjoy CTV’s unparalleled entertainment, you need to follow the activation steps listed below:
- To get started with the activation process on your Apple TV, first launch the App Store app and type to search the CTV News app.
- Once you’ve located the app, choose the Get button to install the app.
- Upon installation, open the CTV News app. Choose to sign in from the navigation bar.
- On signing in, you’ll now see a unique activation code.
- Now, from a browser of your choice visit ctv.ca/appletv from your preferable device (laptop, mobile or PC).
- Here, enter the activation code displayed on-screen.
- Now enter your TV service provider details if you’re already a subscriber.
- Ensure to sign in to your account correctly. Here, you’re required to input your email address and password.
- Upon correct entry, you should see a success message displayed on-screen.
- This success notification means you have successfully activated the CTV channel app on your Apple TV.
Now return to your Apple TV and you’re all set to stream CTV’s exclusive content.
Steps to Activate the CTV App on my Connected TV Device
Activating the CTV App on your connected TV device is a simple process. Here’s the process you need to follow:
- Download the CTV App from the app store of your device. Make sure it is set to the Canadian Store.
- Once the download is complete, open the app on your device.
- Go to the ‘Account Management’ section and click on the ‘Sign In’ button. An activation code will appear on the screen.
- Now, from a different device, go to the ctv.ca/activate link and sign in using your BDU provider’s details.
- Enter the activation code in the provided space. You will see a success message on successful activation.
- Enjoy CTV content on your TV.
Thus, the OTT and CTV industry is continuously transforming. Perhaps in a few years, traditional television services could disappear. But, whatever happens, it will create an enormous opportunity for publishers delivering video content and advertisers looking to reach more consumers.
However, to enjoy any CTV content of your choice on your connected TV, you need to activate CTV on your device along with a TV subscription.
Following the instructions above, you can download the CTV News app on your device via visiting ctv.ca/activate to complete the activation process and enjoy streaming CTV.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
Q) My CTV is not working. Can I fix it?
Yes, it is possible to fix the CTV not working error. You can simply uninstall to reinstall the app again and check the status of your internet connection. Also, try changing the plug-in in your Chrome browser in case it has crashed or stopped working. Also, CTV may not work if the content you want to watch is either unavailable or is restricted by broadcasting rights. Finally, you should either check if you’ve entered the correct login credentials or your TV subscription might not include all the channels within the CTV site and app. If that didn’t solve the issue, contact CTV support services help @https://www.ctv.ca/support.
Q) Can I watch CTV without a cable?
Though CTV is a free service for all users, you will need a cable subscription for some specific channels. Though you can browse new sippets and programs without logging into your account, you’ll need a login and password issued by your participating TV provider to watch authorized live and archived videos.
Q) Can I watch CTV Live for free?
You don’t have to register or pay anything to watch CTV’s digital-exclusive LIVE channels. All you need to do is simply create an account to access CTV News Channel LIVE programs and archival videos.
However, you can access live TV if you’re already subscribed to a participating TV service provider. Additionally, some live news content is accessible without a subscription plan.
Q) Can I unlock CTV locked Programs?
Some CTV shows can only be viewed via a TV service provider. Simply sign in with your TV service credentials to see the content displaying a lock symbol. Note: The locked video is authenticated in this case.