With every passing day the world is expanding to build and grow connections. All thanks to the power of wireless technology that has and is in making a bigger presence in our lives every day.
Whether it’s at work, at home, at a stadium or even in cars, metro stations, or restaurants, you cannot move an inch without relying on wireless service for information, entertainment communication and more.
One such wireless service provider is Cricket Wireless. If you’ve lately bought cricket wireless’s cell phone service online or in-store or planning to get one, here’s how you can activate it via cricketwireless.com/activate
To know more about Cricket Wireless, keep reading. . .
Table of Contents
What should you know before opting for Cricket Wireless?
When it comes to the biggest name in prepaid services, you cannot skip Cricket wireless.
Founded by Leap Wireless International, in the United States with more than ten million subscribers, Cricket wireless primarily competed against Verizon’s Visible and T-Metro.
However, since 2014, AT&T has been handling this wireless service.
The J.D. Power 2022 Wireless Customer Care and Purchase Experience Mobile Network Operator Studies awarded #1 in Customer Service and in Purchase Experience in the MVNO Segment.
Here are a few factors you should know before opting for Cricket Service:
Pricing and Plans
Cricket Wireless is one of the cheapest services when it comes to prepaid mobile plans. It has two primary and two fixed-data tax inclusive plans:
|Price (Single Line)||Plan|
|$60/month||Unlimited with 15GB Mobile Hotspot|
The service is responsible for 99% of the network coverage in America. Their affordable and easy-to-understand service plans include monthly taxes without an additional annual contract
In August 2020, Cricket Wireless launched its 5G nationwide network. Owned by and running on AT&T’s network, there are some exceptional zones where the roaming coverage may vary.
However, that’s not new with prepaid carriers. So, don’t forget to check the coverage map online before you opt for the service.
Note depending on the plan you choose, Cricket may slow data when the network is busy or limit data speeds to 8 Mbps.
Top-notch Customer Service
Compared to many of its prepaid competitors, Cricket Wireless offer unlimited customer service options to its subscribers.
That’s because Cricket has several retail stores spread all over the country where you can get assistance with your account.
Additionally, customer support is available at 1-800-CRICKET via live chat and phone.
The availability of in-person alongside phone customer service makes Cricket stand out.
Similar Post: xfinitymobile.com/activate
Activate Cricket Wireless via cricketwireless.com/activate
Now that you have ample reasons to choose Cricket Service, you need two things handy before activating the service.
First, your phone number and order number. You’ll find these in your order confirmation email and ensure that you have a Plan.
Follow the steps below to activate the service if you’ve recently purchased your device or SIM card directly from Cricket (in-store or online).
- Before starting the activation process, insert your SIM card
- Keeping your phone number and order number ready visit the online activation URL – cricketwireless.com/activate from your computer or phone browser.
- Note Cricket has a four-stage activation – Device Type, Purchase Location, Customer Type, and Order Information.
- Following stage 1, select your Device type – Android, Apple or Both.
- Now insert the SIM card into your mobile device and tap’’ I’m Ready’’. Then select Cricket and tap Continue.
- Following stage 3, if you’re a new Cricket subscriber, select New Customer and press Continue.
- Now in stage 4 Enter your Order Number and Cricket Phone Number in the given field and tap to Activate.
- If you are an existing Cricket subscriber, select Existing customer and press Continue.
- Next, enter your Cricket username & password along with a four-digit Cricket Account PIN. Now press Activate.
Your newly purchased Cricket service is successfully activated.
Activation: Non-Cricket Retailers at cricketwireless.com/activate
There is no hard and fast rule to buying a Cricket SIM or a new device from a Cricket retailer (in-store or online).
If you’ve bought your new device or Cricket SIM from Non-retailers like Walmart, Amazon, or Target, you can activate your Cricket service via cricketwireless.com/activate easily using a few steps.
All you need is a SIM card, a device or a Universal SIM card kit from the non-Cricket retailer, a copy of your current wireless bill, payment details (credit or debit card, Service Payment Card, Cricket Refill Card, etc.), and a 4-digit PIN. Now to get started
- Visit cricketwireless.com/join from a web browser on your PC or Mobile and click Continue.
- Now you may choose your preferred language – English or Español.
- If you’re a new Cricket customer, select Yes, sign me up!
- Enter the required credentials- your device ID and SIM card number to activate your Cricket service.
- You’ll find the 20-digit ICCID number on the larger card that comes along with your SIM card and your phone’s settings will have the 15-digit IMEI number.
- Provide both the numbers and tap Continue.
- Now, choose your plan, and press the Continue button. You may also choose any optional add-on features that you want.
- Now select either the Transfer Your Number or Get a Cricket Number option. Review your card, and tap the Check out option.
- You need to enter your account details if you have an existing account, or you can create one by entering the required credentials.
- Finally, enter the payment details (Service Payment or Credit Card, or Cricket Refill Card), billing address, payment method, and confirm the action.
You have successfully activated Cricket service via Non-Cricket Retailer.
Isn’t it almost next to impossible to imagine your lives without wireless service? The thought itself is landing you on Planet Mars. Isn’t it?
Wireless technology is consistently becoming a critical entity in different industries both locally and globally.
More people are adopting a more flexible lifestyle today. This includes working from home, blogging, hitting the gym, cooking, buying and selling goods, and even taking virtual world tours, thus making wireless technology increasingly important.
So, to enjoy an affordable value, simpler, smarter and a friendly wireless experience, Cricket Service is all you have to consider.
So, what are you waiting for? Activate the service today via cricketwireless.com/activate to enjoy Cricket’s exclusive services.
Enjoyed reading the blog? Don’t forget to share your views with us.
Also Read: straighttalk.com/activate
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
Still, have queries about activating Cricket Wireless? Here are a few frequently asked questions that may help to resolve.
Q. How to locate my phone’s IMEI number?
To locate the IMEI number first, navigate to the Settings menu from your mobile. Select General then About. Here, you should see the IMEI number.
If you own an Android phone, go to Settings then About Phone. Next, click the Status option to locate the IMEI number.
Q. What if I forget my PIN?
If you have forgotten your PIN, immediately contact Cricket Wireless Online Support at 1-800-CRICKET (274-2538) or 611 from your phone to reset your PIN.
Q. How do I insert a Cricket SIM Card?
If you don’t know how to insert a SIM card into your phone follow this step-by-step below:
- Switch off your phone.
- Locate the SIM card slot of your phone.
- Now, insert your SIM card.
Note: SIM card slot locations vary according to phone models. To see the SIM card slot, remove the back panel and battery.
However, almost all smartphones today including iPhone have a slide-out SIM tray, located either on the side or top of the phone.
Q. Which number do I call to activate my Cricket SIM?
You must contact Cricket Customer Support at 1-800-CRICKET (274-2538) or 611 from your phone.
Q. What to do when the Cricket Mobile network suddenly stops working?
Check if you’ve paid your current monthly plan cycle. If yes, try turning off your wireless connection temporarily This is because some Wi-Fi networks block certain usage. Also, check if your device is using updated software.
Q. Does Cricket have a mobile application?
Yes, Cricket has a mobile application for both Android and iOS devices. If you buy a device from a Cricket in-store or online store, the app comes in-built with the device. But if you purchase a device from a non-Cricket retailer, download the app available for Android and iOS devices.
Q. How do I track my data usage?
To view and track your data usage, launch your myCricket app or navigate to My Account online. However, note that voice calls and text messages are unlimited.