Twitch is essentially a video live streaming platform, where people broadcast themselves live- playing video games, offering music broadcasts and creative content.
So, besides focusing exclusively on games, Twitch has evolved into other categories.
Here you can watch people live- vlogging, cooking, creating art, making music, singing, and what not. . .making it a popular online entertainment forum and an interactive community for creators and viewers.
So, subscribing to a Twitch stream is a good way to support your favorite streamers.
Twitch subscriptions start for $4.99 per month, with benefits like ad-free viewing, a cool badge next to your name, and exclusive emotes that can be used throughout the platform.
But what if you want to cancel your Twitch subscription anytime- is that possible? Let’s walk you through to know more. . .
Table of Contents
Subscriptions Tiers on Twitch
There are three tiers of subscriptions on Twitch.
The Tier 1 subscription worth $4.99 comes with great benefits like
Ads-free viewing on inochi fantasy’s channel, chat during subscriber only mode without being affected by Chat slow mode, watch subscriber streams depending on the subscription tier chosen and unlock the first Sub Badge to show support.
Tier 2 Twitch subscription worth $9.99 per month offers all of the Tier 1 benefits along with 5 more emotes, a Tier 2 Badge Flair and one emote modifier.
For a subscription worth $24.99 per month, Tier 3 offers all of Tier 2 benefits along with 5 additional exclusive emotes, an Upgraded Tier 3 Badge Flair and 2 additional emote modifiers.
However, once you cancel your subscription, your benefits will last until the next billing date.
Here’s how you can cancel your Twitch channel using your PC, Mac, or Android device. But unfortunately, you can’t cancel any subscriptions on an iPhone.
How do I Unsubscribe / Cancel a Twitch Subscription on Mac or PC?
If you’ve subscribed to a Twitch streamer using your PC or Mac, you need to unsubscribe the same using the PC or Mac. Here’s how you can cancel your Twitch subscription using a PC or Mac:
- To get started with the unsubscribing process, navigate to the Twitch website and sign in.
- Now tap your profile picture on the top-right and the drop-down menu that appears will show a list of options. Select Subscriptions
- The Your Subscriptions menu should open by default. If not, tap the Your Subscriptions tab, right under the large Subscriptions head on top of the page.
- Now tap the cog icon on the subscription you want to cancel, and select Cancel Paid Subscription or Don’t Renew Subscription. You might also be able to select Cancel and Refund if you have just subscribed to that channel.
- At this stage Twitch will display a list of reasons to pick from to indicate the reason behind unsubscribing from the service. Select one, and then select Don’t renew subscription again. Note the date at the bottom to be able to subscribe again if you change your mind.
- Remember, Twitch subscription lengths may vary. If you have your account set to renew every three months and you’re only on the first month, then you still have two months left before your subscription is cancelled.
Similar Post: Download Twitch Videos
How do I Unsubscribe / Cancel a Twitch Subscription on an Android device?
The unsubscribing method for Twitch on PC and Android, is the same.
That is if you have subscribed to Twitch using an Android device, you can cancel the subscription only from that Android device and not your PC.
Let’s check out the cancellation steps on Android below:
- From your Android mobile launch the Twitch app and Sign in to your account into your Twitch account, if necessary,
- Once you’re logged in head to the channels list you had subscribed
- Now select the one you want to unsubscribe from and tap the subscribe button on the page next
- Next, tap the cancel subscription button.
- Finally, confirm by tapping the cancel subscription button once again.
You’ve successfully unsubscribed from the Twitch channel on Android.
Note, the default subscription on Twitch recurs every month and you’re charged monthly to continue supporting the streamer.
However, for multi-month subscriptions on Twitch, you are charged every three or six months (whichever plan you choose) until you choose Don’t Renew Subscription.
Also Read: twitch.tv/activate
Twitch – From Live Streaming to a Community of Streamers and Viewers
While Live streaming services have only been known for their services online, platforms such as Twitch have completely changed our perceptions.
Such platforms have evolved the only “streaming service” into a participatory online community of content creators and live viewers interacting through a chat room running parallel to the video broadcast.
The Game culture today has grown much beyond just playing games.
This is because an increasing amount of Live streaming services such as Twitch broadcast these games online for large audiences to spectate and simultaneously interact with the streamers.
The increasing popularity of live streaming that initially began in the early 2010s with the broadcasting of esports tournaments, has grown into an industry come community. Streamers have made it their full-time job to entertain up to thousands of live audiences daily.
Related Post: Best Chrome Extensions for Twitch TV
Still, have a few queries on how to cancel Twitch subscription? Take a look at these solved FAQs.
Q. How much does a Twitch subscription cost?
Twitch has three tiers of subscriptions. Tier 1 costs $4.99, Tier two costs $9.99, and Tier three costs $24.99. Note all three Tiers bear a multi-month subscription facility.
Q. Why am I unable to cancel my Twitch subscription?
Confirm if you’ve subscribed to a channel through your Twitch App on your Android device or via your computer. In the first case, you can unsubscribe to it through the app on your Android device. However, the subscription was made via your computer, you can unsubscribe it only through the computer. Trying the vice versa will result in unsuccessful subs cancellation.
Q. Am I eligible for a refund upon cancelling my Twitch subscription?
Generally, once you subscribe to a streamer on Twitch it is final. Twitch does not offer any refunds on subscriptions as stated in their Terms of Sale.
Once you cancel your subscription, it will take effect at the end of your current payment period and the service continues until that date. Also note, that the company does not offer a Twitch sub refund after you’ve cancelled the service.
Q. How do I cancel a Twitch Subscription on my iPhone?
If you’re an iPhone user, first log in to your Twitch Mobile app and tap on your profile. Now choose Settings and select Subscriptions. Now find the channel you want to unsubscribe from and tap on Cancel Subscription.
Q. What will happen right after I cancel my Twitch subscription?
After successful cancellation, you’ll notice that your subscription shows a Sub End Date. That means, you continue to enjoy your current subscription benefits until this date, after which the subscription along with the benefits will expire.
Q. Do Twitch Subscriptions Automatically Renew?
Yes, most Twitch subscriptions automatically renew; however, those purchased with iOS sub tokens, Amazon Prime Subs and gifted DO NOT auto-renew. You will have to renew them manually once your subscription expires.
Q. How do I disable the Auto-renew subscription on Twitch?
To Turn off Auto-Renew on Twitch:
- Tap your profile icon and then on Subscriptions.
- Head to the subscription that you want to cancel and tap on the cog wheel.
- Now tap on Don’t Renew Subscription
- You’d be taken to a new page. Here you’ll be asked for a reason for cancellation.
- Select your reason and tap on Don’t Renew Subscription.
- You’ll be displayed with a page titled Subscription No Longer Renewing
You have now stopped your subscription from auto-renewing on that channel.
Q. How to Cancel a Twitch Prime Subscription
Twitch Prime is a video game streaming service available to Amazon Prime subscribers. To cancel your Twitch Prime subscription:
- Sign in to your Twitch account at twitch.tv
- Below the profile icon, head on to Settings
- Tap on Connections
- Now select the disable button on the left side of the Amazon connection box
- Select Confirm