Today, streaming services aren’t just a name, but a norm that’s booming in popularity.
While it all began with Netflix who reigned supreme, Amazon Prime, Disney Plus and HBO Max stepped in only to spice up the competition.
Newer players like Starz which initially started as a premium channel in the 1990s eventually grew into a Lionzgate owned Starz network today.
Thanks to their flexible subscription plans, these streaming services have enhanced the home entertainment experience. But they’re often extravagant on your monthly budget, isn’t it?
So, if you’ve been using Starz for a while now but wish to cancel the subscription, this guide has everything you should know.
The Starz Subscription Model
If you’ve been watching Starz so far, you’d know that Starz pricing varies depending on 2 factors.
First, which part of the service you’re subscribing to and second, which cable service provider are you choosing.
The channel is accessible from different service providers at differing monthly subscription fees as an add-on or embedded in packages or bundled with existing channel packages.
However, if you want to become a cord-cutter, the channel app will be available for $8.99/month.
Cancel Starz Subscription in 2022: Multiple Ways & Devices
Among the few Tier 2 streaming services available today, Starz is a popular one that offers award-worthy originals.
With an extensive library of movies and TV shows, it is the closest competitor to HBO Max and Showtime.
So, you must have been enjoying either all three of them as standalone streaming services or as an add-on to a cable plan or through a streaming service like Hulu or Amazon Prime Video.
But if your monthly budget has a subscription overload, you can cancel Starz in multiple ways and on multiple devices. Let’s get started
To Cancel Starz subscription via Web
If you want to cancel Starz directly through the web, here’s what you need to do:
- Visit Starz and sign in to your account
- Select the gear icon located in the top right corner and find the Subscription link at the bottom of the page under the Account section.
- Click on the Cancel Subscription link.
- Provide your reason for cancelling the subscription.
- Finally, select Continue Cancellation.
Your Starz subscription will be successfully cancelled.
To Cancel Starz Subscription on Roku
If you have subscribed to Starz through your Roku account, you can cancel the subscription from your Roku player as well as directly from the Roku website.
On your Roku player:
- Navigate to the Starz using your Roku remote control and press the asterisk (*) button
- A popup window will appear on-screen. Select Manage Subscriptions
- Next, select Cancel Subscription and Confirm your action
- Next, select Manage Subscriptions
- Finally, choose Cancel Subscription and confirm the action.
You have successfully unsubscribed to Starz on your Roku player.
On Roku Website:
However, if you don’t see the Manage Subscriptions on the list, that means you might have subscribed to Starz via another service.
But we have an alternative workaround to help you cancel the Starz subscription. That is through the Roku website.
- Using a browser of your choice visit Roku’s official website.
- Now Sign in to your Peacock account
- Select an avatar icon on the top-right window and then tap on My account
- Select Manage Your Subscriptions
- A list of your active subscriptions will be displayed
- Select Starz and tap on Cancel Subscription
You have successfully unsubscribed to Starz from the web.
Also Read: How to Cancel Peacock Subscription
How to Cancel Starz Subscription on Amazon Prime
When it comes to subscribing to Starz on Amazon prime, there are 2 ways. First, if you’ve subscribed through the Amazon channel add-on via the Amazon website or the Fire TV device.
The second is if you’ve subscribed through the Starz app store on a Fire TV tablet or device.
On the Amazon website
- Visit https://www.amazon.com and search for Your Account menu on the upper right-hand side.
- Now move the mouse over to the Your Account menu. Once the menu displays, find the bottom for Your Android Apps and Devices and tap on it. (You may be asked to sign in with your Amazon.com credentials if you aren’t already signed in).
- On the ‘Your Apps and Devices’ page, find and tap on ‘Your Subscriptions’ in the left-hand menu.
- Finally, select your active Starz subscription and confirm the action with a tap on ‘Cancel Subscription’.
On Amazon Fire Tablets:
- Click on ‘Apps’> ‘Store’.
- Launch the menu, and then tap on ‘Subscriptions’.
- Select your active Showtime subscription and click ‘Cancel Subscription’.
On the Amazon Appstore:
- Launch the menu, and then tap on ‘Subscriptions’.
- Now select your current Starz subscription and then click on ‘Cancel Subscription.
For more information on how to turn off/ disable auto-renewal, visit Amazon’s Manage Your Subscriptions help article.
To Cancel Starz Subscription on Android Mobile and TV
Cancelling your Starz subscription through your Android device requires the account you used at the time of your subscription.
This means you can cancel Starz both on your Android mobile as well as on Android TV
- Accessing your Android device, launch the Google Play Store app
- Click the menu icon you see on the top right
- Find the Payment & subscriptions section and select Subscriptions
- Now tap on Starz subscription
- Finally, select Cancel Subscription to confirm the action. Additionally, follow the next instructions on your screen to cancel the service (If any).
Your Starz subscription will be successfully cancelled on your Android device(s).
Similar Post: Activate Starz on Roku, Apple TV, And Android TV via starz.com/activate
Cancel Starz Subscription on iPhone, iPad and Apple TV
If you’ve subscribed to Starz on an iOS device such as an iPhone or an iPad, you could cancel it from iTunes or App Store.
Here’s what you need to do to cancel a Starz subscription from an iPhone, iPad or Apple TV.
- Launch the Starz App on your iPad or iPhone
- Finding an option for Subscriptions, select it. If not, simply tap on iTunes and App Store and then select Subscriptions
- Here, select your Apple ID and select Starz from the displayed service list you’re subscribed to
- Now tap on Cancel Subscriptions
- Finally, confirm your action
To cancel a Starz subscription on an Apple TV:
Open the Apple TV Settings app
- Choose Users and Accounts to select your Account
- Tap on Subscriptions>Active section>Starz
- Tap Cancel Subscription>Confirm
Your Starz subscription will be successfully unsubscribed on your iOS devices.
To Cancel Starz from Sling TV Add-on
If you’re subscribed to Starz as an add-on to your Sling TV subscription, you can cancel it in the following way:
- Visit Sing TV’s official website
- Choose Change Subscriptions
- Expand your current package
- Uncheck Starz from the list
- Scroll down to select Review at the bottom
- Select Submit order in the next page
Your Starz add-on will be successfully cancelled from your Sling TV package.
To Cancel Starz from YouTube TV Add-on
If you’re subscribed to Starz as an add-on to your YouTube TV subscription, you cancel it in the following way:
- Launch the YouTube TV app or visit its official website
- Tap on your profile icon>Settings>Membership
- Unselect the checkmark box next to Starz
- Agree and confirm your action.
Your Starz add-on will be successfully cancelled from your YouTube Tv subscription.
Currently, Starz is home to more than 7,500 movies and TV show episodes, Starz including almost 20 premium channels, and streaming services.
So, if you’ve already enjoyed notable TV shows like include Outlander, Powerbook II: Ghosts, Hightown, American Gods, The Girlfriend Experience, Power and want to cancel the subscription, you can easily do so using the above discussed methods.
Found this helpful? Leave your comments below.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
Still, have a few queries in mind on how to cancel Starz subscription on multiple devices? Here are a few solved FAQs to consider.
Q. What is the subscription charge(s)for Starz?
Starz subscription may vary between $8.99 and $13.99 a month depending on where you subscribe to the channel.
For example, if you subscribe to the channel directly using Starz, you pay $8.99/month.
But if you add Starz to DirecTV, you pay $13.99/month. So, it varies according to the channel distributor you choose.
Q. Can I cancel Starz after the free trial?
Note that neither Starz nor any Channel Distributor will notify you that your trial subscription will end or has already ended. If you wish to avoid being charged once your trial period is over, you must cancel your subscription before Midnight Eastern Time on the last day of your free trial.
Q. Do I get Starz free with Amazon Prime?
Unfortunately, Starz doesn’t come free with Amazon Prime. However, you can subscribe to the channel on Amazon Prime for $8.99 a month.
Q. How to remove my credit card from Starz?
If you have subscribed to Starz directly, you can change your payment method at any time.
To remove the credit card that you had used during subscribing to the service, you have to log in to the Starz website, select the Gear icon in the upper right, and select Subscription.
Finally, select “Change Payment Method“. If you want to replace your old card with a new one, start entering your new credit card details.
Q. Can I cancel Starzplay anytime?
Yes, you can cancel your Service subscription at any time. But you will have continued access to the Service until the end of your billing period.
To cancel Starzplay, head to the “Account Management” section of the Service and follow the next instructions for cancellation.
Q. Which streaming services support Starz?
The Starz app is accessible on multiple devices like Amazon Fire TV Stick and Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, iOS devices, Roku Express, Stick, and Ultra, Smart TVs, Xbox One, Nexus Player, NVIDIA Shield and PlayStation.
Starz is also accessible as an add-on through streaming services like Sling TV, YouTube TV etc.
However, if you buy a Starz subscription as an add-on, the price will vary at the discretion of the Channel Distributor you choose.
Q. Am I eligible for a refund on cancelling my subscription?
No, Starz doesn’t provide credit, refunds or any prorated billing subscriptions upon cancellation.
But once you have cancelled your subscription you may continue to access the service until your current billing period ends. Starz and external Distributors of the channel reserve the sole right to offer refunds or other considerations in exceptional circumstances.
Q. How do I contact Starz Customer Care on Subscription-related queries?
For queries related to your Subscription Fee, Payment Method or other topics related to billing, contact your Channel Distributor or if you’re subscribed directly, you can email Starz at email@example.com or call at 855.247.9175.