As we’ve stepped in yet another year of overcoming the different phases of the pandemic, the popularity of streaming services continues to surge high.
The best Streaming services can help you not just watch great content without having to pay for cable, but will also minimize barriers you’ve faced so far with cable.
But the latter is often responsible for you to lose control over your expenses.
If you’ve been enjoying Peacock for a while now, but want to cancel the subscription, keep reading the guide. . .
Table of Contents
The “Peacock” Hype
An on-demand streaming hub for all NBCUniversal movies and TV shows is none other than Peacock.
If you’ve been a Peacock subscriber, you must not have missed out on their bundle of hit series-Office, Saturday Night Live, Modern Family and the latest addition Bel-Air. Have you?
The service also actively streams live sports like Sunday Night Football, the Premier League, the Major League Baseball and much more.
The Peacock hype is all credited to the service ending its first quarter of 2022 with 28 million monthly active subscribers along with 13 million paid subscribers.
Thanks, if you’ve been one of those million paid subscribers to the service, but unfortunately made your mind to temporarily wrap up, we’ll guide you through the process. . .
Peacock’s 3-Tier Subscription Model
Peacock has a three-tier subscription. Peacock Free, Peacock Premium for $4.99 a month and Peacock Premium Plus for $9.99 a month.
The latter of course gives access to more exclusive originals and next-day NBC catch-up content.
However, Peacock Premium will set you back $4.99 per month for ad-supported viewing, and $9.99 for ad-free streaming named Premium Plus.
But if you want to switch back to the free tier or simply wish to cancel before your free trial ends – here’s everything you must follow.
How to Cancel Peacock Subscription in 2022: Multiple Ways & Devices
Now that you know Peacock offers a free tier and you can watch limited content without having to pay, you would definitely go for cancelling your current subscription, wouldn’t you?
But if you’re simply annoyed about the fact that you don’t have anything new to watch after Vigil and Girls5Eva, we’ve got everything to stop you from getting billed by Peacock TV in 2022.
Peacock is compatible with various streaming devices, which means you can use them individually to cancel your current subscription.
Here’s how to cancel your Peacock account on various streaming devices. Let’s get started.
To Cancel Peacock Subscription via Web
If you’ve subscribed to Peacock directly from its website, then making any other changes to your Peacock account, including cancelling a subscription can only be done through the service’s main website, unlike the TV app. Here’s what you need to do.
- Visit Peacock’s official website and sign in to your account. Once landed on your profile page tap on your account (profile) in the upper right corner
- Next, tap on Settings>Change Plans
- Your active plan will now be checked, select the one activated as your plan. If you wish to stop paying any further this will be shifted to Peacock Free or you can simply downgrade/upgrade between the two premium plans
- Confirm the plan you’re willing to change to
- Your current plan should now be cancelled. If you’re on a free trial, you shouldn’t be charged as long as you do this before your billing date. You should also receive a confirmation email at your associated email address.
However, if you don’t see the option to cancel your current plan, there’s a second workaround to cancel it directly through the website’s help section. Let’s see how.
- Head to Peacock’s help section
- Tap on Plans and Payments
- Select Cancel Plan
- Confirm to Cancel
- Log in to your Peacock account if you aren’t already
- Now follow the screen instructions and finish the cancellation process
Similar Post: peacocktv.com/tv activation code
Cancel Peacock Subscription on PC
To cancel a Peacock subscription on a PC all you have to do is simply log in to your account on a browser and follow the next steps below.
- From a browser of your choice, visit Peacock’s official website.
- Now using your credentials login to your Peacock account
- At the top of the screen, tap on your profile icon
- Now navigate to my account and select Plans and Payments
- Tap on Cancel plan and wait until the action is confirmed
To Cancel Peacock Subscription on iPhone, iPad or Apple TV
If you’ve subscribed to Peacock on an iOS device such as an iPhone or an iPad, you could cancel it from iTunes or App Store.
Here’s what you need to do: cancel a Peacock subscription from an iPhone, iPad or Apple TV.
- Launch the Peacock App on your iPad or iPhone
- If you find an option for Subscriptions, click on it. If not, simply tap on iTunes and App Store and select Subscriptions
- Here, select your Apple ID and select peacock from a list of services you’re subscribed to
- Now tap on Cancel Subscriptions
- Finally, confirm your action
If you own an Apple TV, here’s how you can cancel your Peacock Subscription:
- Open the Apple TV Settings app
- Select Users and Accounts to select your Account
- Tap on Subscriptions>Active section>Paramount Plus>
- Tap Cancel Subscription>Confirm
Your Peacock subscription is successfully unsubscribed on your iOS devices.
Related Post: How to Cancel Twitch Subscription
How To Cancel Peacock Subscription on Android
Peacock is also available on your Android device(s), which means you can cancel Peacock Premium on any Android operating mobile as well as on Android TV.
Here’s how you can cancel Peacock Premium on the Android device(s)
- Accessing your Android device, launch the Google Play Store app
- Click the menu you see on the top right
- Find the Payment & subscriptions section and select Subscriptions
- Now tap on Peacock TV subscription
- Finally select Cancel subscription to confirm the action. Also, follow the next instructions on your screen to cancel the service (If any).
Your Peacock subscription is successfully cancelled on your Android device(s).
To Cancel Peacock Subscription on Roku Device
If you have subscribed to Peacock through your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription from your Roku Player. Here’s how you can cancel the Peacock subscription on Roku.
- Navigate to the Peacock using your Roku remote control and press the asterisk (*) button
- A popup window will appear on-screen. Select Manage Subscriptions
- Next, select Cancel Subscription and Confirm your action
- Next, select Manage Subscriptions
- Finally, choose Cancel Subscription and confirm the action.
This is a more direct way to cancel the Peacock subscription on Roku.
However, if you don’t see the Manage Subscriptions on the list, that means you might have subscribed to Peacock via another service. Another reason could be that you’re streaming the channel for free.
But we have an alternative way to help you cancel the Peacock subscription. That is through the Roku website.
Also Read: How to Cancel Paramount Plus Subscription
- From the browser of your choice visit Roku’s official website.
- Now Sign in to your Peacock account
- Choose an avatar icon on the top-right window and then tap on My account
- Select Manage Your Subscriptions
- A list of your active subscriptions will be displayed
- Find Peacock TV and tap on Cancel Subscription
You have successfully unsubscribed to Peacock on your Roku device.
Cancel Peacock subscription on Amazon Fire TV
If you own an Amazon Fire TV and have subscribed to Peacock through the device, here’s how you cancel the subscription.
- Open Amazon.com from any web browser.
- Bring up the drop-down menu, hovering the cursor over your name and Accounts & Lists in the upper-right corner and, select Memberships & Subscriptions.
- Now choose Manage Subscription located next to Peacock
- Tap the link under Advanced Controls
- The main subscription page will appear on-screen(Under Prime Video Channels), where you’ll find Peacock
- Finally, choose Cancel Channel and confirm the action
Your Peacock subscription is successfully cancelled on the Amazon Fire TV device.
Also Read: How to Watch Monday Night Football
Say goodbye to Subscription Overload
Besides Peacock TV and its expansive content, the service is well known as one of the great streaming platforms today.
From live sports to NBC’s extensive catalog of programs, Peacock is soon to become an all-rounder service.
But provided it consistently builds a library of quality originals, and expands its catalog of movies, TV and live sports shows, as it did during the quarter of 2022 with Super Bowl LVI and the Beijing Winter Olympics gaining 13 million paid subscriptions.
One of the salient features of all streaming services including Peacock is that viewers can remain monthly subscribers and cancel the service anytime.
So, if you want to take advantage of this no-obligation feature of Peacock, cancel the service anytime you want using our guide.
If you find this helpful, don’t forget to share it with your friends and family.
Similar Post: Best 10 Websites to Watch Korean Drama
Still, have a few queries in mind on how to cancel Peacock subscription on multiple devices? Here are a few solved FAQs to consider.
Q. Can I cancel my Peacock Subscription anytime?
Yes, you can cancel any active subscription on Peacock anytime. Head to Manage subscriptions and tap on Cancel Subscription on the app or website to end your Peacock account.
Q. How can I remove my credit card from the Peacock Payment section?
To remove your credit card, visit the Plans and Payment tab, under the Payment Method section, and remove the Payment method.
Q. Does Peacock premium offer a free trial?
The 7-day Peacock free trial that was offered as part of the premium plans (Premium and Peacock Premium Plus), has been discontinued in 2021.
Q. Can I cancel my Free Trial on Peacock?
Note Peacock does not offer any free Trial but you can definitely get a free plan (Peacock Free).
However, to cancel (or downgrade) your plan, first Log in to your account then visit the Plans & Payments section, to finally cancel.
Q. Can I cancel the Peacock premium after a month?
Yes, you can cancel the Peacock premium after a month. Therefore, not only can you cancel your subscription at any time without penalties, but also retain access for the remainder of the current billing cycle. You can also restart the subscription again whenever you like.
Q. How do I Downgrade my Peacock Subscription Plan?
If you want to save a few dollars every month, you can downgrade your plan instead of undergoing the cancellation process.
- Visit the Peacock website and log in to your account.
- Tap your Profile icon and Choose My Account.
- Head to Plans and Payment.
- Tap the Change Plan option.
- Choose the Free Plan or downgrade to the Premium Plan if you’re currently on Premium Plus.
- Confirm your selection and complete the process.
Q. Which devices are compatible with Peacock?
Peacock TV is available on several devices including most smart TVs—LG, Samsung, and Vizio included—on either mobile or tablets with iOS or Android, or by streaming through Android TV, Chromecast, Fire TV, Flex, Roku, and Xfinity.