Boost Mobile is a wireless service provider in the United States. It is one of the best-prepaid wireless in the country. With its super affordable plans, you will get the value for every penny spent which is why it has become popular among every household. If you are also planning to switch to Boost Mobile, check out the complete post on its benefits, boostmobile.com activation process, SIM swapping, etc.
Table of Contents
Why Boost? Benefits of Boost Mobile
First, let’s look at the benefits you can enjoy with a Boost Mobile.
- High-speed data
- Mobile hotspot
- Unlimited talk and text
- No annual service contracts
- No roaming charges
- No overage fee
- No Monthly Bills
- No Credit Checks
- 99% nationwide coverage
- Data deprioritization during congestion
- Tie-up with top mobile brands for awesome phone deals
Now you know the reasons why Boost is among the best.
Activating Boost Mobile SIM – Bring Your Own Phone
Boost Mobile allows you to bring your own phone and get the Boost Mobile SIM on it. For this, you need to check your phone’s eligibility and then activate the SIM.
Prerequisites before bringing your phone to Boost network:
- Unlock your phone so it becomes eligible for activation. Ask your current service provider to unlock your phone.
- In case you need to continue with your existing phone number, ask your current provider for your account number and a number transfer PIN. Please make sure that your number is active and paid in full. Remember not to cancel the services with your current provider until the Boost services are activated.
- Find your IMEI number by dialing *#060# or for Android devices, go to Settings> About Phone, and for iOS devices, go to Settings> General> About.
Here are the steps to be followed for activation.
- Go to the link https://www.boostmobile.com/bring-your-phone.html in your web browser.
- On the page, enter your device ID in the space provided and click the ‘Continue’ button.
- It will show if your device is eligible for the Boost network.
- If it is compatible with the network, you can buy a Boost SIM and activate it on your phone. And, if it’s not eligible for the Boost network, you can buy a new mobile device (which is compatible with the Boost network) to enjoy the Boost Mobile network. Let’s move ahead with the activation process now.
- Click on the ‘Activate’ link on the page.
- Select the ‘New Customer’ option from the drop-down.
- Select the option ‘Use My Own Device with Boost Mobile SIM’.
- Answer the question and provide the respective information.
- Click the ‘Continue’ button to complete the activation process.
Activate Your New Boost Mobile Device at boostmobile.com/activate
- Go to the official website at https://www.boostmobile.com/.
- Click on the ‘Activate’ option in the top corner.
- The activation process will require you to provide SIM details, Service details, ID details, and Contact details.
- After that, you can recharge your Sim with any of the available plans.
- Review all the details you have provided and make the final payment for the plan.
- Your Boost Mobile service is activated. Enjoy.
Similar Post: qlinkwireless.com/activate
Transferring an existing number to Boost
If you want to continue with your existing number and transfer it over to the Boost network service, it’s an easy task. Here is what you need to do.
- Go to the official website and click the ‘Activate’ option.
- Choose the ‘Keep Existing Number’ option. Now, the Boost Mobile service will get in contact with your current service provider and sort things out.
Just keep your old SIM on the phone until the activation process is complete. This will also be verified via an SMS sent to the number.
Your number will be activated on the Boost network within four to twenty-four hours on business days. You can still use your number during this duration until the switch is complete.
You can contact the Boost’s help and support team if the number has not been moved over to the Boost network within twenty-four hours.
Best Boost Mobile Phones
In case your phone is not eligible for the Boost Mobile network, you can get a new device. Some of the best boost mobile phones you can consider buying are:
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE G780F
- Moto G Power
- Samsung Galaxy A21
- Moto G Fast
- Samsung Galaxy A11
- LG Stylo 6
- Google Pixel 5
The mobile devices are available for purchase at the official Boost Mobile website at great deals. You can check them out online.
Related Post: Activating Real Debrid Device
Phone Activation FAQs – Boost Mobile
Do I need to buy a new SIM card?
Yes. A new boost mobile SIM card will allow you to use the Boost network.
Where can I get the SIM card from?
You can get the Boost Mobile SIM card kit from the online Boost store or from your local Walmart. You can also contact a Boost Mobile Customer Care agent to buy the SIM.
My phone is Locked. What to do?
If your phone is locked, you need to contact your previous service provider/ carrier to unlock the phone domestically. Sometimes, the phone is locked due to unfulfilled financial obligations. So, resolve the same with your previous carrier.
The Boost mobile SIM kit has three SIM cards. Which one should I use?
Each SIM is compatible with different phones. You can enter your device ID online at the official website to know the correct SIM number to use.
Are Boost Mobile devices on 5G?
Yes. Boost mobile has multiple 5G-capable devices namely Samsung Galaxy, Motorola, and iPhone models. The Celero 5G is the first 5G phone of Boost Mobile. It is an Android device.
Does Boost Mobile offer customer security?
Yes. Boost Mobile offers complete digital protection including virus protection, online identity protection, data protection, and spam blocking with an add-on. The add-on costs $5.99 per month.
Does Sprint own Boost Mobile?
No. Previously, Boost was owned and operated by Sprint. However, after the T-Mobile and Sprint merger, DISH acquired Boost Mobile.
Is there any activation fee for Boost Mobile?
No, there is no activation fee for Boost mobile.