When you receive a credit or debit card from one of the leading banking and financial institutes in the world, there’s nothing wrong with flaunting it. If it is from Barclays, a well-renowned British multinational investment bank and financial services company, you have got to boast it. Just bagging a card from Barclays is not enough until you activate and start using it. In this guide, you will learn all the required steps on how to activate Barclays Card (Barclaycard).
Barclaycard is a brand for credit cards of Barclays PLC. Launched on 29th June 1966 as a charge card, Barclaycard became the first credit card in the U.K. on 8th November 1967. Today, Barclaycard is being used by millions of people across the world. If you have got one, you can activate it in two ways –
- Activate Online
- Activate in App
Comprehensive Guide to Activate Barclaycard
Let’s take a broad look and understand the ways to activate your Barclaycard.
- Activate Online: Have you registered for Barclaycard Online Servicing? If no, sign up or register and then log in to activate your card. You will need your login ID number or your 16-digit card number and your passcode and memorable word.
Note: Memorable words are those you have chosen during the registration process.
- Activate in App: Have you installed the Barclaycard app on your smartphone? You can simply log in, tap the option “Barclaycard”, and activate your card. If you are a Barclays customer, you might have got the Barclays app. In this case, you can use the app to manage your account as well as to activate your card.
If you haven’t got it yet, visit Google Play Store or App Store. You will need your credit limit and a new card to start using the card.
How to Activate Barclays Card?
If you got a card from Barclays, the following step-by-step method will help you activate the card and then start using it for purchases.
- Online Method to Activate Barclays Card: Using your computer or laptop, you will be able to easily activate your Barclays Card. Here’s how –
- Launch your browser and navigate to the official website of Barclays.
- Locate “Activate Your Card Online” and click on it. (This option should be under “Help with your account”).
- Now, it will direct you to the Activation page.
- Click “Login to activate” and get redirected to the log-in page.
- If prompted, provide your “Username or ID number”.
- Click on the “Next” button.
- Now, enter the password and follow the on-screen instructions.
That’s how you activate your Barclays card!
- How to Activate Barclays Card for Android Users: The Android device users must follow the steps mentioned underneath.
- Go to “Google Play Store” on your phone and search for the Barclaycard app.
- Install the app on your device and launch it.
- Sign in using the Barclays Account credentials if prompted.
- Keep your card details handy with you and follow the on-screen instructions to activate it.
Now, move on to the next instructions to activate your Barclays Card for Apple device users.
- How to Activate Barclays Card for iOS Users: The Apple device users must follow the steps mentioned underneath.
- On your iPhone, go to the App Store.
- Look for the Barclaycard app and install the same.
- Now, launch the app and sign-in using the credentials.
- It may ask for your card details to complete the activation process.
Benefits of Classic Chip Debit Card
Want to take your bank with you wherever you go? Barclays has a solution. It brings to you its Class Chip Debit Card. This chip-based VISA debit card is known for its enhanced security features making all transactions safe and hassle-free. Let’s take a quick look at some of its features & benefits.
- Convenient Shopping: Whether you wish to shop in a local store or the International market, with Barclays debit and credit cards you can shop at your favorite store.
- Assistance Anytime, Anywhere: Traveling overseas? Need instant help? You can always avail of yourself comprehensive VISA Global Customer Assistance Service.
- Higher Security: To ensure your transactions are safe, Barclays cards come equipped with a chip.
Find the Barclays Card That Fits Your Life
Not sure which card to opt for? Barclays brings to you an array of popular cards that would just fit in almost everything – travel, retail, entertainment, every day, cashback, and business expenses.
- Choice Privileges (VISA Signature Card): $0 annual fee
- Priceline Rewards (VISA card): $0 annual fee
- Holland American Line (Rewards VISA Card): $0 annual fee
- Hawaiian Airlines (World Elite Business Mastercard): $99 annual fee
- Hawaiian Airlines (World Elite Mastercard): $99 annual fee
- AAdvantage Aviator (World Elite Business Mastercard): $95 annual fee
- JetBlue (Business Card): $99 annual fee
- NFL Extra Points (Credit Card): $0 annual fee
- Carnival (Mastercard): $0 annual fee
These are some of the popular cards from Barclays. Get hold of one and activate it following the above steps.