Airplay is a feature developed by Apple that enables wireless streaming from Apple devices to other multimedia devices. So, if you’re a Vizio TV owner, this feature enables you to display audio, video, photos, and device screens directly to your TV.
This feature works pretty great to easily stream your content on your big screen. So, all you need is an application on your smartphone or any other device to pair it as well with the Vizio TV.
While Vizio Airplay doesn’t have usually don’t encounter lags or other problems that can hinder your streaming experience, yet often you may simply face connectivity issues that can be problematic.
To learn why is AirPlay not working on your Vizio TV, keep reading. . .
Table of Contents
Is AirPlay not working on Vizio TV? Know Why
Have you lately encountered that your Vizio TV Airplay keeps switching, or is not showing up?
Then ensure that your iOS device is on iOS 12.4 or higher, AirPlay 2 HomeKit functionality is enabled on your TV, and check if you’ve turned off AirPlay from your TV, or enabled AirPlay Onscreen Code.
Well, most of the time, if AirPlay is not functioning, it simply means the operation failed to work on your device.
This means your Apple TV or your Vizio TV doesn’t appear in the AirPlay device list. But there may be other technical glitches too for instance if the audio or video stutters is otherwise of low quality.
Airplay is an amazing feature that interconnects the entire Apple ecosystem. With a tap or two you can enjoy streaming your favourite videos and audios from your iPhone, iPad, Mac, or any other compatible devices like your television or smart speaker, and last but not least your Wi-Fi router.
If you are facing any such issue and the application is not working on your Vizio TV, here are a few common issues that we’d help you to check upon:
Airplay not displaying on Vizio TV
If you have already checked that your device is on iOS 12.4 or higher and AirPlay is still not working for you, it is time to troubleshoot the error.
If you’re trying to use AirPlay on your Vizio TV with an Apple device, you should be able to select the exact device that you are attempting to connect to, say your Vizio TV.
AirPlay 2 is the latest iteration of Apple’s wireless technology which enables you to stream media from your PC to compatible devices.
The updated version also improves several features from the earlier version like the ability to play audio across several devices and users can even broadcast photos, videos, and music directly to their Big screen.
However, if you find AirPlay running on your Apple device but your Vizio TV is not showing or not being displayed as an option for connectivity then confirm that your Vizio TV might have the Homekit and AirPlay2 functionally enabled.
Unless your TV is capable of receiving this update to enable AirPlay, you may face such an issue.
So, if your TV has not received the update but is on the list for being updated, first check if you have an up to date firmware.
Wondering how to check? Follow these quick steps
- Click the ‘Menu’ button on your remote and select System > Check for Updates.
- If an update is available, your Vizio TV will automatically start the downloading process. Once updated, your TV will automatically restart.
- In case of no available updates, you’ll be notified immediately after the system checks.
- Vizio TV constantly switches to Airplay
As for Vizio TV owners, you must have encountered common problems like AirPlay not working properly or showing up on-screen, but often most users also experience problems with the feature that works more frequently than it should.
If you’re a Vizio TV owner and while you’re using a satellite or cable service, accessing the internet through the TV, or another application from the TV directly, you may have often encountered that your TV is continuously switching to Airplay.
To fix this you need to simply switch off the AirPlay feature on your TV:
- To do this, select to press the Home button from your remote and scroll down to Extras > Apple AirPlay >Off.
- Once this feature is turned off from your TV, you will have to turn it back on to use.
- Vizio TV unable to display AirPlay Code
The AirPlay Code is a new security feature enabling you to connect to the AirPlay with a four-digit code. The code is displayed on your TV, and you can input it into your Apple devices to connect.
This feature is incredibly beneficial if your guests connect their own devices to your AirPlay without accessing via a private code.
But often while using this feature on your Vizio TV, do you encounter an issue where the AirPlay code is not showing up?
If yes, it may be that the feature is not enabled. Follow these quick steps below to enable AirPlay Onscreen Code:
- From Settings, select AirPlay.
- Now ensure that AirPlay is already turned On,
- Next, turn On the Onscreen Code and turn Off the Password.
- Once you have the features properly turned off and on, exit this menu and try reconnecting AirPlay.
- You will receive a four-digit code to connect to AirPlay which can be used for any device trying to connect.
- Despite adjusting all the settings properly, if you still find it not working, turn off your TV and try reconnecting with the four-digit code.
- Mirroring screen not working on Vizio TV
If you think using AirPlay is an offhand practise then you may be wrong. Technology can often be challenging leaving you puzzled with ‘what’, ‘how’ and ‘why’ altogether especially when you find the screen mirroring feature not working.
If you’re a Vizio TV and Apple device user stuck with two products not performing screen mirroring, we have a quick fix to this problem. Let’s go about it:
- If your Vizio TV is not mirroring the screen from your Apple device, check if both devices are connected to a common network.
- To check the network on your Vizio TV, go to Menu and select Network.
- From network choose Network Connection and then select Wireless. You can now see the network your device is connected to.
- Next to check if your Apple device is also connected to the same network, simply navigate to Settings >WiFi and confirm if both your Apple device and your Vizio TV are connected to the same network. If they are not, then despite an internet connection, screen mirroring will be unsuccessful.
Vizio TVs operating system– SmartCast OS – works seamlessly with the hardware, so you do not have to worry about anything as it is perfectly optimized for the Vizio TVs. Airplay is one such application with which you can enjoy a terrific streaming experience.
It also has a dedicated app store with thousands of interactive applications pre-loaded as well as can be easily downloaded on your Vizio TV.
With these in-built applications, you can not only enjoy the streaming experience, but you can do much more making your Vizio TV work for ample other applications.
Most of the time, if AirPlay doesn’t work, it simply fails to work on your device-like an Apple TV or your Vizio TV doesn’t isn’t recognized in the AirPlay device list.
But AirPlay can also suffer from other technical glitches, for instance, if the audio or video stutters or is otherwise of low quality.
We hope that by now you’ve learnt the varying reasons why your AirPlay has suddenly stopped working on your Vizio TV.
We believe that now you can quickly understand and solve the AirPlay not working issue by yourself.